Building a Concentrate Barb

RedRockRun

Diabloii.Net Member
Is strength worth stacking for any reason other than besides wearing gear?
Also why doesn't enhanced damage affect my listed damage on my character sheet?

GooberGrape

Diabloii.Net Member
Generally you put enough into strength to wear your highest gear. It has poor returns beyond that, better to put your spare points into Vitality and Dexterity. Energy just leave it alone.

The lying character screen or LCS is a notoriously unreliable devil, one of the worst coded parts of the game. I would not put much faith in its accuracy. Just grab a weapon and give it a few swings, that will tell you more than the numbers on the LCS.

IGNCeeGee

Diabloii.Net Member
I believe the barbarian has the highest return on investment for points in vitality, so any points you can save on strength are better spent on vit.

RedRockRun

Diabloii.Net Member
Generally you put enough into strength to wear your highest gear. It has poor returns beyond that, better to put your spare points into Vitality and Dexterity. Energy just leave it alone.

The lying character screen or LCS is a notoriously unreliable devil, one of the worst coded parts of the game. I would not put much faith in its accuracy. Just grab a weapon and give it a few swings, that will tell you more than the numbers on the LCS.
Have there been any mods that seek to replace the character screen with something more accurate and also informative e.g. MF, movement speed, light level, etc.?

RedRockRun

Diabloii.Net Member
Reading this thread makes me want to build a concbarb
I'm having a blast with mine. Besides several times in Durance where I was being nuked down and forced to pot I have been pretty self-sufficient with my hp/mp drain gear. As an aside, is there any preferred way on SPF to post character dumps? I've been using an exceptional Brainhew, socketed it from the quest and put in a perfect skull. Additionally I have Manald Heal Ring. It comes to 19% mana steal, so concs and shouts for days. I just wish I had more life steal. The ring gives +8 replenish life, but I really don't know what the heal/frame rate is on that stat. I just try to not get hit by hitting and shouting. I'm sure the difficulty will ramp up once I hit NM.

By the way, how do other melee character avoid Diablo's freeze touch and follow-up death ray thing? Belting a lot of thaw potions and having twitch reflexes?
It would be foolish to start ANY new character without consulting this cutting edge resource:
[snip]
I hope Polybius is in there. That game is the very definition of old-school difficulty. Great to play after reading an act or two from, "The King in Yellow," or a few verses from, "The Necronomicon."

RedRockRun

Diabloii.Net Member
*sorry for the double post!

If I could only get some more runes. I really need to upgrade my gear. Regular mobs on p8 NM are simple enough, but I am getting burned down pretty fast by uniques and super uniques. Does anyone have any preferences for runewords? I'm level 49 Act I of NM, so I doubt I'll be seeing any runes past Hel drop.