Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Buildin a Meterorb Sorc....How?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by babydeeg, Jan 31, 2004.

1. babydeeg

babydeeg IncGamers Member

Buildin a Meterorb Sorc....How?

I've decided to create a meteorb sorc, I just don't know how to go about doing it.......HELP PLZ!!!! I have decided I am going to be leaving dex at base, maxing vit, enough on str and rest on energy. But as for skill points, I'm at a loss. I don't know what to put on where and how many. I would love to hear what everyone has to say.

Thank you so much for your advice. :xsmile4:

2. spellegren

spellegren IncGamers Member

um...

Try the Meteorb Sorc Guide, it's uh... ya know.... stickied at the top of this forum.

I have a level 91 meteorb sorc, went max block low energy build and it works well for my play style. Followed the guide (the stickied one at the top of the page) to a tee and I am very happy with the results.

Enjoy.

3. babydeeg

I would love to, the only problem is when I open it there is nothing. There is no guide. I looked through all the threads and came up with nothing. Thanks anyway.

4. halo4

halo4 IncGamers Member

the stickied stuff is blank since the database got corrupted. That info was uh...ya know...stickied in the community forum.

5. spellegren

You sir, are correct, and I apologize. I was unaware of the corrupted database.

I can tell you my build :D

Max meteor, max fire mastery, max fireball, max frozen orb, 6 in cold mastery (this can vary, you would ideally like 17 cold mastery with all +skill gear on for -100 cold resist) 1 in all pre-reqs, 1 in warmth, 1 in static, 1 in telekenisis, 1 in teleport. I have a switch orb with +shiver armor so no points there.

My stats:

Str- enough for gear ( i use stormshield so it's higher then nonblock sorcs)
    Dex- enough for 75% block with storm shield
    Vit- all the rest
    Eng- 50 (but base is fine too)

My gear is tailored to MF...

Occy
    Shako
    Skulder's
    Stormshield
    Tal's Ammy and Belt
    War Trav's
    Chance Guards (Frosties or magefists are great too)
    MF Rings

As for levelling ...

Concentrate on the cold tree first as they will be your primary kills spells thru nightmare, I always put first point in warmth though :)

I recommend getting a Serpent Lord staff (unique long staff?) to bash thing with, for the 100% mana leech on it!
    as you level your 1 point cold spells (prereqs) will be your main attack spells as you get them. Frost nova, glacial spike, blizzard (don't neglect your fire skill prereqs for meteor).

When you hit level 30 frozen orb will be your money spell, you should have points saved up to put 1 point in frozen orb and cold mastery every time you level for a few levels max orb and get cold mastery to your desired level based on your gear (6-8 is more then enough IMHO).

You can ride orb all the way through nightmare. after it is maxed bring up your meteor to max, then fire mastery, then fireball with all points gained at later levels into fire bolt. I believe you can get max orb/meteor/fireball/fire mastery/ and 8 cold mastery with all prereqs done at level 90. I went with 6 cold mastery so I got done a little sooner.

Make good use of an act2 nightmare holy freeze merc (or defiance merc with a Doom runeword weapon), try to keep him near your level. Holy freeze slows down the monsters and your merc tanks them so you have time to land your meteor. Keep him alive with good use of potions and teleporting etc.

I can't remember the whole guide and I'm sure I left a ton out, if anyone else can add to this or correct me in any place please do, and I hope this helped you. Also, I apologize again didn't know the guides went kaput :xx:

Have fun with your meteorb sorc!

6. babydeeg

Thanks all I did find it. Didn't know about community forum, just signed up today, my bad. :embarrass

7. spellegren

Ah, glad it's still around! It's much better and more in depth then what I could remember off the top of my head. :xmad: