Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Build suggestions based on my gear!

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Phaedraconia, May 14, 2008.

1. Phaedraconia

Phaedraconia IncGamers Member

Build suggestions based on my gear!

Greetings, my fellow knights against the dark powers.

I have been wondering, since I found several new ladder items, what exactly to do with these things. Hammerdins are boring to me, so I was going to create an Auradin merely to help people on Battle.net... but that seems lacking in power. My mind was changed to a sort of zeal/fanat/conviction/salvation idea only today, as I found the following items:

Azurewrath
    Soul Drainers
    Cat's Eye (amulet)
    Herald of Zakarum
    Ravenfrost
    Bul-Kathos' Wedding Band
    String of Ears
    Guardian Angel
    and an offensive auras GC

Now these items gave me an idea for aiding people in Baal runs and such. As I have no enigma and never plan on obtaining one, I want to actually "run" Baal. Azurewrath is calculated into this as a sort of "holy crusader" against the defilement that is the undead. The level 11 sanctuary aura would knock back the undead, damage them, add enhanced damage, and add magical damage, whereas Azurewrath already has 250-500 magical damage. Salvation would stay in effect on the right-click button and zeal on the left. Thus, I would destroy all souls that were barring entry to evil's realm for the good ones determined to destroy Baal. Salvation can also be used during the fight with the minions and in many, many other situations.

I want to max, or bring very close max, Conviction (as of this moment I have +8 all offensive auras), so as to destroy the resistances against my fellow magic-users. This would only be as I serve a support role, so in combat I'd need zeal/fanat/probably maxed sacrifice. Does anyone have any suggestions other than this melee idea? If not, are there any ideas as to the application of the build I already have? Obviously, holy shield would gain at least one point, but what of the other disciplines? Right now I have one point in Smite, Sacrifice, Might, and Prayer.. and 10 each in str. and dex. Any ideas or comments? :)

Thanks!

2. koeraokse

koeraokse IncGamers Member

Re: Build suggestions based on my gear!

If u want to help others and use conviction I would suggest Avenger, which is Vengeance+convition+res auras for more dmg. there should be a guide too..

3. EzkiMo

EzkiMo IncGamers Member

Re: Build suggestions based on my gear!

God, that was nicely written, got lost somewhere in the third sentence...

Anyway, let's get serious. I have noticed that the general baalrunner doesn't need much support (they are usually hammerdins) and we're far enough into this ladder for the sorces to have infinity merces. So my idea is to abandon this build, unless you have some elemental damage based friends who you usually do baalruns with.
    But if you want to stick with the conviction you should go for an avenger build/stack up on lots elemental damage charms (although the latter would give you a rather slow zeal).

That's it from me!