Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Build: Spearzon Beast

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by phatskat, Jun 15, 2005.

1. phatskat

phatskat Banned

Build: Spearzon Beast

Well my idea of the coolest looking char is an amazon carrying a big spear. The idea for me was to make the coolest character ever, and make her work, and my Spearzon was born.

Stats:

Str: Mine has 71 strength and it works perfectly with my gear. Just put enough for your heaviest item (probably your spear or armor) Dont waste to much, if you require anythin over 110 reconsider your gear choices.

Dex: Mine has 384 Dex, basically dump all available points into dex, it increases Ar and Dmg

Vit: 115 was my choice, with my gear on that gives me 1900 life before BO, this ones personal preference, but dont go overboard, you will find she survives just fine on 115

Energy: do i have 2 say it? base...

Skills:

Jab 20
    Penetrate 20
    Critical 20
    Dodge 20
    Evade 14
    Avoid 7
    Valk 6
    Prereqs 1

Items:

Weapons: a spear is an absolute requirement for a spearzon, no pansy javs here...

The top ten spears in effectiveness and survivability are as follows:
    1. Eth BotD Matriarchal Pike 3 to Spear Skills (15% superior would be amazing, but equally as rare)
    2. Eth Eternity Mat Pike 3 Skills (15% sup again...)
    3. Upgraded Ethereal Lycanders Pike Zod'd of course
    4. Call to Arms Matriarchal Pike 3 to skills (a good ed% is required for this one to be good)
    5. The last spear i tried that actually worked out was an Eth Ariocs Needle, a good %ed on this thing makes it do good damage and it is hella fast.

Armor: a good light armor is very important...

1. 16060ias with FHR
    2. 16060ias with life
    3. CoH in a light armor
    4. Stone in a light armor
    5. Shaftstop (socketed with an ias jewel or %dmg jewel)

Helmet: I can only see one choice but here are 5 that work...

1. Guillaumes face (from orphan set) absolutely incredible...only helmet for my spearzon...socket it with a shael if you dont have an fhr armor, or 40/15 is you do.
    2. Andys Visage nice helm, ral in it.
    3. CoA good, but very heavy...nice mods tho (ber ber could be the best socketing)
    4. cant go wrong with a Shako
    5. 120/45...this will make your damage and speed soar, but you can do better and have more survivability

Gloves:

1. Dracs amazing gloves, the crushing blow is the best
    2. Rare gloves with skill trees (passive or jav) and ias, with other nice mods if available
    3. Anything with stats/leech/or ias

Boots:

only one choice here...Gores, absolutely perfect

Belt:

1. Nosferatus Belt
    2. Tgods
    3. Arachs
    4. Goldwrap

Jewelry:

Ravenfrost is required
    Highlords is required
    My other ring is a bk, but literally anything else would work

Wep Switch: CTA and a Lidless (spirit if youre on ladder)

Charms:
    5 jav gcs
    5 charms with AR mods (any other bonuses are great, the minimum AR for the gcs should be somewhere close to 110)
    9 302020s/ or life scs/ or AR scs/ or dex scs
    1 Anni (the better the mods, the better the space is used)

If you plan on going only pvm then make some room for items by removing some gcs

Merc: Act 2 Might Merc (can be found in Nm, hes the offensive one)

Guillaumes Face (socket how you please)
    Shaft/16060/good armor
    Reapers Toll

I play nl so there might be better gear but this works out pretty nice for mine, she is level 99 (yes thats right folks i put that much effort into her)
    I just run around and jab things doin 12k per hit (thats 36k per jab) with 22k AR

Phat-Skat
    level 99

413% Botd Mat Pike (3 skills of course)
    16060 24% fhr Archon
    Guillaumes Face (40/15'd)
    Dracs
    Gores
    Raven Bk
    Hilords
    Nosferatus
    5 jav gcs (28/33/39/36/42 life)
    5 good ar/life/dex gcs
    9 32020s
    1 19/20/8 Anni

She owns, absolutely owns

Constructive criticism only pls

2. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

*Looks at phat skat equipment*

Where are you getting your 175% resistances from ?

I see anni and obviously anya quests but little else.

I would say that nothing beats an elite light armor Chains of Honor runeword on a spearazon. With a high end runeword spear or ethereal arloc's you already have some nice damage. Spearazons are incredibly fragile, with average life but horrible defenses (ie. defense, resistances, no shield).

3. phatskat

phatskat Banned

yah thats the only downside to her that i can see, all my res is negative and i have only like 11xx defense, but shes so fast and leeches up her 4k ish life in a second that in my preference id rather make her fragile and kill most monsters in one jab series

4. Omikron8

That is why i would modify her gear to this:

Archon/Wyrmhide/Dusk Chains of Honor
    Tal's Mask with IAS jewel (extremly underrated helm)
    War Travelers

I will never understand why people use goreriders on physical damage amazons (regardless of type) instead of war travelers. You are already getting a ton of double damage from critical strike + highlord's deadly strike. The open wounds means nothing in pvm with the obscene hell monster hitpoints and the crushing blow gets reduced by monster physical damage reduction which most monsters possess. War Travs gives you 60 more life (less str investment --> more vitality) and the +15-25 damage bonus is easily multiplied by jab, stats, might merc aura, etc.

5. phatskat

phatskat Banned

crushing blow is an absolute beast no matter what youre hitting, i would never pass up guillaumes and gores

6. Omikron8

Guillaume's and Gores won't help your crappy resists when a pack of oblivion knights/souls/etc. decide to target you all at once. You won't even be able to react fast enough on the potion buttons or life leech to survive. Your damage is high enough already with your spear, deadly/critical strike and jab.

The major downside to a spearazon is how fragile she is and you really made yours into a glass cannon type.

7. phatskat

phatskat Banned

she solos hell baal just fine and kills any and every oblivion knight pack unless there is IM, souls are tricky but i rarely die in hell baals

8. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

~

Your attack speed might want to be checked up on. The ebotd Matriarchal Pike could be replaced with a Matriarchal Spear, you could save some strength while giving up a bit of damage {it will still pack a huge punch, the spear has much better min damage anyways}, and your speed will be greatly increased.

To look at some numbers, heres some frame rates with your ideal pike;

{lets assume you use highlords, it is hands down the best amulet for this build, so you will have 80% ias no mater what if you use the ebotd}

With the ebotd m. pike, and highlords, you would have a 7.5 frame jab attack. You would need atleast one more 15%ias jewel just to get a 7 frame attack.

With the spear and highlords although you would have already have a 6 frame attack. If you wanted to go up on the scale with more ias gear, 113% will give you a 5.5 frame and 174% ias will give you a 5 frame jab attack. {you already have 80, thus a 5.5 would require just 33% ias, and the full 5 frame attack 94%ias, which isnt impossible to hit.}

NEVER make an eternity unless you are just stuffed full of runes. This rune word has no %ias in it at all, and you must be crazy to even consider it :D

They are not slamming the idea, but your listed gear is a bit more directed for a 1.09 pvp jabber thats setup for 1.10 standards {a.k.a. ebotd}.

But chains of honor is by far the better armor for this build. Not only for its resistance, it does also have leach, +20 str to help you save more for hit points, and a wicked amount of damage to demons and undead. Also the +2 skills will help with your deffensive abit too.

You could still get 33%ias from a ed/ias helm, or just from some crafted +java or passive / crushing blow / 20%ias gloves + one single ias jewel in some other helm, or even mess around with andys face, which is another very underated very powerful helm like you said.

edits; INNER SITE! Never forget this skill! Dont max critical and dodge, they both have bad returns. Instead its very very cool to max i.s., as in pvm or pvp it will destroy everyones deffense. More so in pvp than pvm, being that it reduces +deff instead of %deff like most things in this game do. This alone can cripple barbs/pallys if you choose to take this amazon into a duel!

If you can get 10x passive skillers. It will help you so you can keep critical at base level 1 {horrible gains past lvl 10 anyways}, and if you get inner site up to 32 {assuming you max it, 10 skillers, anni, and highlords}, thats taking away 1815 deffense. Thats like removing a barbarians armor & shield, or even taking baal's deffense to zero!

9. Blades

Blades IncGamers Member

ummmmmmmmmmm also doesnt dex only increase dagger dammage and str increases spear damage????

10. phatskat

phatskat Banned

noooope just check it out

11. Impale Thyself

Impale Thyself IncGamers Member

I was thinking, would an impalezon be viable in hell? Or just go jab and forget about impale?

12. MrGoth

MrGoth IncGamers Member

The speed of impale will make it next to impossible to kill groups of monsters.

The only way to possible make it viable is to;

a.) use a shield {means no big 2 hand stick}
    b.) get a night mare offensive {might} merc up to your level, give him an eth doom great pole axe / cryptic axe, eth coh, eth delerium/gaze
    c.) have a barb howl and taunt everything off screen and pick the ones to come back so you can kill things.

The attack speed of impale is just horrible, it takes too much work to get around it, and with the multiple hits and speed of jab, jab might end up doing more damage over time.

13. RavensRebirth

RavensRebirth IncGamers Member

I never really play with zons, but i was wondering if you could make a build like this focused around a Doom Matriarchal Pike, i know you would take a dmg hit, but with that slow affect instead of using an act 2 merc, use an act 1 with a faith bow? I really dont have much experience here but im just throwing out an idea.

14. phatskat

phatskat Banned

no you couldnt...for the only reason that you cant make doom in a matriarchal pike, axes and polearms only :confused:

15. RavensRebirth

RavensRebirth IncGamers Member

haha wow, i wasnt paying attention sorry for the useless post, thanks for the correction.

16. Blades

Blades IncGamers Member

Ok i looked it up and it says every 100 str points spear damage is doubled which means str is the added damage not dex