Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Build help

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by hegel4, Oct 9, 2006.

1. hegel4

hegel4 IncGamers Member

Build help

I am trying to build summoner/ bone necromancer.

So far I have invested 5 skill points into the skeleton mastery - 1 in each raise/ skeleton and golem.

Some said max resist? - is that what I should do

-----

I have put 1 in amp, life tap, iron maiden

Should I do anything here?

_____

On PB skill tree I have 1 in wall, and 1 in bone spear and spirit. I am still leveling this guy and he is bearly over 30lvl. Where should I distribute rest of my skill points.

2. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

IMHO a summoner/bone hybrid doesn't work as well as other hybrids, as you'll have decent summons, but your bone spells will be seriously lacking in power without those synergy investments. Lack of skill points mean you wont be able to max Corpse Explosion either.

Don't max Summon Resist, whatever you do. You wont have the skill points to do so, and 1 point is enough. 1 Point in Decrepify and Dim Vision is needed, Decrep for bosses and Dim for ranged monsters with piercing attacks (Gloams/Spear Cats etc.). I wouldn't bother with Lower Resist, you'll hardly need it. Attract and Confuse are optional.

Revives are optional, since you could spend those 4 skill points on Bone synergies if you wish.

Personally, I'd go with 20RS/20SM, 1 in summon resist and it's prerequisites, 1 in the curses you need, then the rest of points to Bone spells/synergies.

Sadly, the Bone/Summoner has been nerfed since the synergy bug was fixed.

3. Enilias

Enilias IncGamers Member

If you want to make a summon hybrid I can really recommend the poison/summon hybrid. Max the three poison skills and raise skeleton, 1 point in summon resist and decrep maybe and the rest in skeleton mastery. That works much better then a bone/summon hybrid.
    If you want to have a bone necro just focus on the bone skills, that'll take more then enough skillpoints.

4. hegel4

hegel4 IncGamers Member

Hm to bad really - what if I invest 10 points into skel mastery - and rest into bone skills - will that be enough to run skillies and have decent bone skills?

5. gorf

gorf IncGamers Member

I wouldn't sell the build short. Certainly it can't be made very powerful without high end gear, but my new summon+boner is doing great, and thanks to bone spirit, I take down the act bosses way faster than I used to, which was my main beef with my fishymancer.

My build looks like this (lvl 87)

20 RS, SM, BSpear, BSpirit
    1 rest of summon tree (except fire golem)
    1 rest of bone skills (other than the poison skills)
    1 amp, dim vis, decrep+prereqs

So yeah it takes me 2-3 spirits to take down a carver shaman, but it gives me something to do, and is great for getting the first kill vs. tough bosspacks, especially PIs. There's no question I miss having a huge CE, but careful aim makes lvl 13, or whatever I currently have after +skills sufficient. As I collect more end game gear, it and spirit will only get better.

Gorf

6. hegel4

hegel4 IncGamers Member

It says that BS takes bonuses from 4 other skills

It says that BS takes bonuses from 4 other skills

Now is the maximum bonus caped at 30points from other skills or you can gget more by maxing all of the other skills?????/