Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Build Guide List

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Borlag, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

2. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Just incase something happens again I have each and every single guide that's listed here saved as html page and I will continue to do so for aslong as I'm here :)

3. Porius

Porius IncGamers Member

I'll get my Bone Mage guide back up as soon as I find it.

Hmm... It's gotta be around here somewhere...

Porius

4. Lord_Vega

Lord_Vega IncGamers Site Pal

Since I dont have a copy of my old VegaSorc guide, I guess that one's history...

5. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

Looks like it yes :(

Unless you have it in your internet cache files...worth a shot...

6. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

7. farting bob

farting bob Banned

borlag, did you have all these guides and loads of faqs saved on your PC? you seem to have reposted some very useful threads.
    have you looked in the seperate forums for each character. many of these have guides stickied or links to all the guides.
    from a quick glance, theres no avenger guide, bonemancer (porius mentioned it) or kciksins. but i suppose they woudl have been deleted in the crash, so they'll probably only start appearing in a few days time.

8. dakon_617

dakon_617 IncGamers Member

I think I might have it on my pc (at home) as a .doc file. I'll check for sure once I get out of work. Which will be in about 45 minutes or so...

9. Lord_Vega

Hmm... are those all the "show thread" html files in my TIF folder?

If I try opening any of those files, I get the usual "No Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the webmaster" message.

10. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

I've been checking every forum constantly and adding the links here. As for the guides I reposted, those were all in my work computer's internet cache files, salvaged them from there. Too bad my home computer was set to delete everything on closing the browser, would have had every single guide reposted by now otherwise...

As for that Avenger guide, I might have to retype it completely as Cyrus isn't around anymore and no one seems to have that one saved on .doc file. I have it printed out though...

edit: Vega, you can't access them that way, don't try to do it like that! Go to IE's tools -> Internet Settings -> General-page -> Temporary Internet files - Settings -> Show files. From there you have to manually copy the files into another directory to view the saved contents. Otherwise it will try to go to that URL specified there.

11. Lord_Vega

Damn... still can't seem to nail it...

After I get here... http://upl.mine.nu/uplfolders/upload5/screenie1.JPG
    What do I do? Click on the properties of a file, then copy the link to a new browser window? Still doesn't seem to work...

12. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

umm no....choose the file, hit ctrl-c then ctrl-v in some other folder, any other really. Or then physically drag the file out of that folder. Then you can open it offline

btw, the avenger guide was found, it was recently added in the strat compendium so it's saved too, and listed in the above list :)

13. Lord_Vega

Bah... either my comp is totally crazy, or I can't follow simple instructions :xrollseye

Did exactly as you said, and I still get that message. In any case, I give up for tonight, gotta' get some sleep :)

14. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

in that case you are trying to open a file that is saved from an empty thread, only option is to do some more digging... I scrolled through 8800 html files to find all the guides just so you know heh...

15. dakon_617

Borlag - I see you found all of the guides, but I do have the VegaSorc in a .doc file on my home PC. So if it's needed I have it...

16. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

dakon, not even nearly all of them are found, I salvaged some from internet cache files, few have been reposted and some were in the strategy compendium which was saved from the forum crash as that's separate place...

As for the Vegasorc, please do post it or mail it to Vega so that he can post it, otherwise it might be lost forever

17. dakon_617

I'll happily send it to Vega via email. So Vega send me a PM with your email and I send along the file.

On a side note... post 100 :D

18. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

Just posting to bump this thread up (and keep it on page one) in hopes that others will come forward with saved copies of other guides...

I'm especially looking for someone who might have that more fire-oriented meteorb guide (no offense Vega ;) ) whose author fails me at the moment. I really wanted to try some of those ideas out.

19. wildjinn

wildjinn IncGamers Member

20. Temporary Insanity

Temporary Insanity IncGamers Member

I found the VegaSorc guide in my cache. I've sent part of it to Lord_Vega, as it exceeded 6k chars. Though I suppose that wasn't really necessary. In any case, I've got the other half ready to send should it be needed...