Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Build for soloing Hell Baal thats not a Hammerdin?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by tmd turka, Nov 17, 2006.

1. tmd turka

tmd turka IncGamers Member

Build for soloing Hell Baal thats not a Hammerdin?

Just wanted to know everyones thoughts on this. Baal is how I generate most of my wealth and soloing him in hell is a must. Im just tired of using a Hammerdin to do it.

2. scottrick49

scottrick49 IncGamers Member

light sorc with infinity merc could probably do it no problem

3. tmd turka

Thanks for the suggestion but thats a little out of my price range at the moment.

4. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Cheap but slow: Summon Necro.

Not as cheap but a little faster: Javazon or Trapper.

Fastest budget build besides Hammerdin: Meteorb or Blizzball.

5. tmd turka

How effective is a Blizzball sorc? Never tried one. Im real interested in it now. I found the guide but can you tell me if it is good from your expierience?

thanks

6. Venrae

Venrae IncGamers Member

I don't have expierience with a blizzballer, but I do hell baal with my blizz sorc. I do mid 4k dmg with full tals. the only problem is my merc has to kill wave two because the skelies are cold immune.

I'd say that a blizzballer could definately do it. Just make sure your merc can tank the last two waves and baal because your killtime will be much slower than a straight blizz or fire sorc, but the fireball would make wave 2 simple.

So basically the blizzballer should be able to do hell baal on a budget pretty decently, just make sure you have a decent merc (defiance or prayer because you'll chill with blizz), but remember that it won't be nearly as quick as a hammerdin. The only thing you'd have to worry about is clearing the throne.

7. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

I have a double Dream, conviction using zealot - he walked himself from a1 hell to patriarch in two and a half hours today, the worldstone keep/baal himself were incredibly easy.

8. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

A Fanatic Zealot, adequately equipped, can bring down Baal FASTER than a Hammerdin, and clear the minions just as fast, as well as Charge his way through the WSK almost as quickly to get there.

9. Coltanz

Coltanz IncGamers Member

Hey he wants a budget character to do those runs eh?
    I myself uses a windy to do those solo baal runs, i would say its fast and easy. Except for the lister part where you need some few tankers infront to allow u to cast tornados behind safely, besides u do not need high res as your cyclone armor takes it all. =) I won't say that my set-up is cheap but its affordable.
    Shako (Topaz'd or wadeva)
    Splendor runeword
    Hoto runeword or Wizzy
    Enigma runeword
    Maras or any skill/mf ammy would do.
    Chanceguard gloves
    Spider belt or u wan a goldwrap if wan a higher mf which i don't recommend.
    2x Fcr or 2x nagel
    Inventory- 33x 7mfscs Dtorch Anni.

10. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

I used an IK barb (WW) at the beginning of this season. The IK armor might cost a little, but a lucky HF find will provide the resources to buy one.

Use leap attack to avoid/outrun unfriendly monsters. Unfriendly = ghosts, OKs, PI succubi and the like. Friendly = leechable monsters.

OKs: Lure away melee monsters from them and kill them in safety, then finish off the OKs with berserk. If there are too many OKs or dangerous combinations, like OKs with Horadrim thingies (those who resurrect undead), leave the game. Also hork OK corpses, so they won't get resurrected by minion wave 2.

Dolls: As long as there aren't too many, BO should give you enough life to tank a few explosions. Refill your life bulb by whirling into other monster groups (which you left alive for that purpose) and don't whirl blindly into doll packs. Hork the corpses for the same reasons as for OKs.

Nasty boss packs/Baal minions: Don't whirl right into them, but along the edges. Don't let your whirl end within melee reach, in particular not within the group. Baal's decrep won't reduce attack speed from WW. Instead it will reduce movement speed while whirling which can actually be beneficial.

Really problematic monsters, like PI+manaleech Lister, are parked somewhere. It's a good idea to clear the double path from the stairs to the throne room to be prepared for parking or for hit and run tactics.

Leave a minion alive (which includes hydras from wave 3), hork the boss, then kill off the rest, else Baal will destroy the corpses before.

Corpse destruction and decrep will only take place up to the third pair of fires, counted from the throne. There also is a stalactite to the lower right of the throne behind which you are safe from that as well. That's my bowazon's attack position, but it might as well be a good place for other characters.

Baal: Do short whirls and switch to conc when you run out of mana. When he summons his double, the real Baal can teleport and the B from his name is slightly shifted with respect to the D from the word "demon" below, while the D is directly below the B for the double when hovering the mouse cursor over him.

One point in berserk and conc is enough.

11. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

Very effective. Some actually prefer it to Meteorb. They both work very well depending on your preferences (Meteorb = fire with cold as secondary; Blizzball = cold with fire as secondary, slightly more balanced than Meteorb).