Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Build choice ubert

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by SAMTRON, Oct 7, 2010.

1. SAMTRON

SAMTRON Diabloii.Net Member

Build choice ubert

So im making a necro to help my friends smiter in ubertristram, but im not sure if its better to go full fishymancer or some kinda of hybrid. What do u guys think?

2. Tarantella

Tarantella Diabloii.Net Member

Re: Build choice ubert

CE use is limited but a full range of support curses helps take the pressure off the smiter. The skellies will have to be very high level to survive in multiplayer games. I'd use a strong clay golem and bone prisons carefully placed.

3. SAMTRON

TY for the help. How about revives, they viable? Mages? And how about that bonewall thingy would that help CC?

4. Tarantella

Urdar types with crushing blow, especially the lightning immunes ones in the Durance, will certainly help but they will possibly trigger multiple bosses unless you teleport adjacent to the target but too many might get in the way of the smiter.

Mages are technically useful for cold and poison effects but the smiter should be able to stop regen.

Bonewall has a larger trigger area for monsters so casting one anywhere near the centre of Tristram will bring down all the bosses and summons on it.

5. SAMTRON

Cool cool good to know. Since as i hear CE isnt that effective in tristram, where should i dump extraneous points? Summon resist?

6. Tarantella

A single point in salvation from the smiter will swamp any investment the necro might make in SR and with diminishing returns I'd suggest only one point spent there.

Prior tactics should be worked out as mercs, skellies, mages and unprepared characters will evaporate in range of Mephs conviction aura, leaving only the LI revives.

7. Meanstreak

Meanstreak Diabloii.Net Member

It could be argued that a necro is the single best support character for any melee build in uber trist.

The reasons being A) he frees up the melee fighter's glove slot since he can cast life tap on his own, B) he offers a vast array of minions to draw fire and absorb things like meph's Charged Bolts and C) he can cast TERROR on minions.

While a fully and godly outfitted necro can trist by himself and would definitely use skeletons to do so, someone just being there for support would probably find them a waste of points, especially if you don't have a full inventory of summoning grand charms like the gent on these forums who posted the solo necro trist videos did.

Ideally, Urdars are indeed the best bet for crushing blow support. Because Revives have such ridiculous amounts of life, specializing in them will allow for them alone to be enough meat shield without worrying about those bony bastards. Your build would probably be best something like this (an opinion of course, play as you see fit):

20 in Revives, Skeletal Mastery, Bone Wall and Bone Prison
    1 in Life Tap, Decrepify and Terror
    ~5 in Clay Golem, Golem Mastery, Summon Resist

To be honest, in the little experience I have with necromancers in tristram (only helped some friends out a few times with one, never made one for the purpose) I find bone wall to be rather useless. They say that, yes it can act as a distraction, but Terror takes care of all of the minions anyways.

Really, you max the two for your own Bone Armor and for Bone Prison. Lock in the Paladin with the uber boss (he won't want to go anywhere, lest he lose his Tap replenishment) so that, at least for the first shot, one of the bosses attacks won't catch you off guard. (Tip, always be on your guard)

You don't really need to max the golem. A few points along with +skills will be more than enough as far as the slow goes. In fact, I'm pretty certain that you will find you will have to recast gumby often anyways, so you could in fact just save these points if you wish, but if recasting is no issue then go for it.

As stated before, Urdars are your best bet, but it is unlikely that you will actually go out and find 30 Urdars. So long as you have about ten, they should deal out enough assist crushing blow. Keep in mind, the paladin will also have CB, so this strategy gets less effective over time, another reason why you wouldn't want ONLY urdars.

Instead, I personally would go and get ten urdars, then revive as many Blood Lords as possible. While more often than not, revived monster damage is crap, stacked meteors from over a dozen Lords will burn really REALLY hot.

Where do you find both Urdars and Blood Lords near each other? Arcane Sanctuary WP for the lords, and then just go through the portal to the palace cellar for the 'dars. Shouldn't take but a minute.

Once you get inside UT, immediately Terror all minions that appear (terror won't affect the bosses, or override Life Tap iirc), cast life tap, let the paladin lock onto the target, teleport right onto the boss opposite of the direction he faces and immediately run a few feet away (don't tele) and then lock all the revives next to meph with a prison.

The prison strategy is nice because meph may raise more minions as the fight goes on, and having a prison around the paladin, boss and revives will keep all of the revives focused on the boss, and not allow them to stray off and start whacking at a Skeletal Mage. This is a double-edged sword though, because locking blood lords so close will often cause them to go into melee mode themselves, which kind of ruins the whole stacke dmeteor strategy. Usually though, a few lords will run away as you do right before you cast the prison and start pounding the boss with fiery balls of fury from the sky, and all will be well :D

8. SAMTRON

Ty for the lenghty piece of help, i had definitely not considered going revives only! I suppose ill have to get an ammy with tele charges to do that tele thingy.

9. shuy

shuy Diabloii.Net Member

You wont be able to find so many revieves. 1 hard point should give you about 15 revieves with gear. That enough to kill ubers. Mages die fast, but skeletons and revieves survive quite well especially after life tap.

I found necro as a most safe but slower uber killer. Maybe I'm wrong, because 1.13 changed something but I tried few before last patch.
    Biggest problem was merc, who died immediatelly, next to portal, and without his auras skeletons damage was too low. When he survived by accident everything was easy.