Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bugs I've discovered in 1.10.

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by AssassinofTime, Mar 28, 2004.

1. AssassinofTime

AssassinofTime Banned

Bugs I've discovered in 1.10.

MARROWWALK BOOTS BUG
    -----------------------------------------------
    A fairly high Necromancer that hasn't put any skill points into the skill "Bone Prison".
    can equip Marrowwalk boots and be granted level 33 bone prison that doesn't use up any charges.

INVINCIBLE BARBARIAN BUG
    1) Equip a Flamebellow sword to gain the plus to inferno bonus.

2) Set inferno on left click.

3) Set leap on right click.

4) Do inferno and leap and everything locks up and you become invincible.

SET ITEM BONUS BUG (softcore only)
    1) Equip set items.
    2) Get killed.
    3) Golden set bonuses remain.
    4) Do not pickup your loot.
    5) Works with all corpses (up to 16).
    6) Only works once per set.

You can test this by equipping a set with a bonus plus leech, die and hit something. You will still get the leech animation. You wont see any of the plus golden stats because it's a serverside bug.

This bug can make Necromancers invulnerable because of another bug in Trang Oul's set.

INVISIBLE ITEMS BUG
    Wear an item that grants plus str and/or plus dex, which requires plus str and/or plus dex bonus from another item in order to wear it. Once they are equipped remove the 2nd item, and the first one will still work and will use the str/dex it provides to "hold itself" this will also cause the items to become invisible to other players.

Example:

You start with 200 strength, and you put on a stormshield now you have 230 strength, now you put on a sword that requires 240 strength (but the sword also has +40 strength), now you take the stormshield off. The sword adds the extra strength needed to keep itself equiped, but it's a bug so the sword is also invisible.

ZOD BUG
    ------------------------------------------------
    You can use the new unsocketing recipe (town portal tome + hel + socketed item) if you socketed a ethereal item with a Zod, making it indestructible, and then remove the socketed Zod rune, the item will remain indestructible, and will still be ethereal.

Note: This only works on items that were zod'ed in v1.09, or the first day and a half of v1.10, after which the durability code was changed in a patch. It will not work on anything you zod now, regardless of which patch you found the item in.

WP HOSTILE BUG
    -------------------------------------------------
    1) Open up the party screen.
    2) Click on a WP.
    3) Just as your character hits the edge of the WP, click on hostile.

NOTE: the faster your connection is, the harder it is to perform this bug.

HITTING PEOPLE IN TOWN BUG
    --------------------------------------------------
    1) You need a Necro/Druid/Zon that summons a Golem/Animal/Valk.

2) Another character (your friend perhaps) in the same game as you with a ACT 1 Rogue merc.

3) The Necro/Druid/Zon hostiles the character with the Rogue merc. The Necro/Druid/Zon stays in town, and casts a golem/animal/Valk outside of town rapidly.

4) Your friend's merc will shoot and miss the golem/animal/valk and the arrows will travel into town hitting and damaging other hostiled players.

2. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

So what's the Trang's bug?

3. Sekundes

Sekundes IncGamers Member

The thread title is pretty misleading, because I'm pretty sure I've read about all of these bugs months ago on these very forums. So, don't pat yourself on the back too hard.

And the Trang's bug is pretty much just an extension of the set bonus bug. The game likely gets confused when it goes to turn the necro into the vampire, thus leaving the Necro a sort of null/invincible target while free to do his own thing.

4. AssassinofTime

AssassinofTime Banned

Ummm for the record I'm not taking credit for any of these bug findings.. when I say discovered I mean found on forums and such... Hope that helps :/

And another thing... credit for reporting a bug? LMAO!!!

5. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Please re-read the first few words of his post.

You gave no indication that you weren't taking credit. Furthermore, saying these are bugs that you have discovered says, of course, that YOU discovered them... as opposed to someone else discovering them. There's no need to get upset at someone else for your mistakes.

6. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

When and how can you make this let happen?

7. Diab

Diab IncGamers Member

Read AssassinofTime's post, under 'set item bonus bug'.

8. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

And he also did not give any indication that he is taking credit. Furthermore, he did indeed say he discovered these bugs, but how he discovered that these bugs existed was not revealed until later when someone whined about him taking credit. He could of discovered these bugs existed through a friend or another internet forum... oh look that's what HE said. Why don't you take a break from these forums and get some sleep.

9. hanskamp

hanskamp IncGamers Member

The most obvious bug I see is when monsters with range attacks try to attack me while there is an obstacle between them and me. When a missile is launched the missile is destroyed at the object. In Act I it is very easy to notice, when you walk beyond Tamoe Highlands and watch the Devilkin Shaman and the Dark One Shaman try to attack you with Fire Ball.

I would expect that the range attackers walk beyond the obstacle and attack me without an obstacle between them and me.

In 1.09 and earlier patches I never noticed this.

10. Super5

Super5 IncGamers Member

I've experienced this bug also with +str and +dex charms, but the item doesn't become invinsible when you remove the charms. However, if you take the item off, then you're screwed unless you re-equip the charms. It seems to only happen when you have charms that let you wear one item, which in turn allows you to wear another item that has huge str and dex bonuses. Taking the charms off doesn't make the last item in the chain invisble though.

11. Zenkat

Zenkat IncGamers Member

Not invisible to you, but when you str/dex tier like this, other players see you missing equipment and thusly invisible (to others)

12. Cloud_Walker

Cloud_Walker Banned

Now you are starting to piss me off.

AssassinofTime's original post was ambiguous. To discover means to learn or observe. It also means to be the first to learn or observe. Sekundes, at first sight, took the word "discovered" to mean "was the first to learn or observe". This is a valid viewpoint of what AssassinofTime was implying by saying "I've discovered".
    Then AssassinofTime went and flamed Sekundes for basing his post off of one definition of "discovered" instead of another. I defended him, and told AssassinofTime that it was HIS MISTAKE to leave the title of this tread and the contents of his post ambiguous.

C'mon this isn't really that hard.

Now please, leave me alone.

13. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

What's your problem anyways? You take these forums a little to seriously if you ask me. AssassinOfTime didn't even flame the kid, so why did you come on and post some bs? Am I hurting your "internet ego" or something?

14. Slayer193

Slayer193 IncGamers Member

Yeah! Leave the ******* alone and let him flame in peace!

15. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

Who exactly are you referring too? AssassinOfTIme never flamed anyone. In fact the first flame came from Cloud Walker, and then I flamed him.

16. th5418

th5418 Banned

Don't feed the troll. Man, so much hate... which all starts with the guy that I shall not mention.

17. XBlack_SoulX

XBlack_SoulX Banned

Yes don't feed Cloud Walker.

18. Billweed

Billweed Banned

What I hoot - Did columbas or the American Indians discover America? LOL Discover means what People agree in means. Can include Publisizing the way it's used as well.

19. deadbeater

deadbeater IncGamers Member

Oh, so now I know why I couldn't hit the necro I was dueling with my 9 bolt, 30 level charged strike zon: he had that Trangs-null bug on him. So my 1100 damage average bolts, in which I hit him 9 times for a total of 72 bolts, would never touch him.

That just ain't right.