Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Buggy Thunderstorm?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by Absolutian, Mar 30, 2004.

1. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

Buggy Thunderstorm?

Hi. Read all I couild find here, about Thunderstorm. Seems a fair number of folks think it's not worth it. So far I haven't spent any points on it, but got an orb giving me TS.

Problem: the spell seems to crap out. I fire it up, get the little graphic underneath my feet, and at first it drops bolts on critters. But if I try to do much else, it stops dropping bolts. (casting other spells, mainly.) I still get the graphic for the proper time, but no bolts.

Am I doin something wrong?

TIA

2. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Thunderstorm

I believe this was discussed in another thread. What probably happened is that you cast the spell with a switch, so the spell is on. But once you switch back, you no longer have the spell available, so the graphics is there but it never actually strikes, since your skill level is 0.

3. Absolutian

Absolutian IncGamers Member

Had the same idea, and went and tested it. You're right. It is on the weapon switch, that I lose it.

Now, if I have a skill point into it, but fire it up with the boosing item, then switch away....will the resulting bolts be at the boosted or non-boosted level?

I've done this in other ways, and it seemed to work. For example, cast oak sage with a buffing helm on, then take it off. Still had the proper life boost.

Is that thread you mention still available? Thanks

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

Dont have it on hand

I'm sure the thread is still available, but I don't know the number, sorry. Please search for it :)

5. WitchCoven

WitchCoven IncGamers Member

If I remember the thread discussion correctly, I think that it was the general concensus that the thunderstorm uses the current level when it strikes (for damage, how often between strikes, etc). Therefore, buffing it doesn't help.

The only thing that buffing it might help in is the total duration of the spell under your feet (IE, 600 seconds vs 500 seconds... just using random numbers here). Whether that is true or not basically doesn't matter since you can simply recast. But I can't remember if it was discussed or not in the thread.

So, unlike a lot of other skills such as enchant, the frozen armors, energy shield, as well as others from the other classes, thunderstorm doesn't receive any benefit from buffing.

But as someone suggested, search for the thread for more indepth discussion.

WitchCoven