Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bugged Skills

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by JoeBruce, Nov 8, 2006.

1. JoeBruce

JoeBruce IncGamers Member

Bugged Skills

Can someone either provide a link to a list of bugged skills in the game, or just answer the few questions I have? I know "bugged skills" is a rather broad term, but bear with me.

I have heard that skills like Sorceress' Inferno and Druid's Arctic Blast, as well as Assassin's Wake of Inferno trap, do not do the listed damage on the skill tree. Is this true (mainly for the assassin)? Any other known skills one should stay away from because of bugs?

I tried searching for a list of bugged skills but got nothing. Thanks for any help.

2. aman

aman Assassin Moderator

The amazon skill Fend is bugged if you put points in dodge/evade/avoid

3. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

The arctic blast/inferno has a very narrow range that it will hit, making them not very effective. All the skills you listed have bugged damage.

4. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

I think Jab is, too. It's something about the extra hits not doing any damage sometimes because of a conflict with Dodge, Evade, and Avoid, so putting any points into any of D/A/E may cause the bug.

Jude

5. Cattleya

Cattleya IncGamers Member

6. Flayed One

Flayed One IncGamers Member

amazons fend, jab and strafe are bugged in the way, that if you get hit, and dodge/ avoid/ evade in the middle of the attack cycle, all remaining attacks of that cycle miss. additionally the rest of the cycle becomes interruptable.

sorceress inferno, druids arctic blast and assasins wake of inferno are simply bugged in the way they do less damage then listed. I seem to remember some speculations, about it being caused by them being subject to "next delay".

also amazons bow&crossbow skills lack the ar bonus, although it will be shown by the LCS.

If I remember right, zeal is also bugged, so that it's uninterruptable, but that actually, makes it a better skill...:tongue:

7. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Strafe, too? Oh, no....

Jude

8. Fluffballer

Fluffballer IncGamers Member

I've heard rumors that throwing barbs do less damage than they're supposed to, though the LCS is nothing new.

9. Hrus

Hrus IncGamers Member

Jude: it's not a problem with Strafe, because you are ranged and monsters don't get to close distance (merc and valk tanks and/or knockback), so you will rarely be interrupted by DAE/hit recovery.

Double Throw damage is calculated well, only LCS shows wrong (higher) damage.

ranged amazon skills don't count the AR bonus
    Charge will get you stuck (probably if you got into Hit recovery) - you have to switch weapons or get another hit to get you free. Sometimes you can't even do that and have to re-enter the game.
    Leap Attack can get you stuck the same way.
    Sanctuary doesn't add damage to undead.
    Range of necro spells is given in radius, bu it's diameter in reality.

10. Jude

Jude IncGamers Member

Thanks for the info, Hrus. I didn't know the Necro range thing, either.

Leap and Leap attack will quit working sometimes, and nothing seems to help except to save and exit.

Jude

11. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Another of the many Charge bugs is that after mid-charge interruption, the paladin charges backwards for the rest of the game (or until you somehow fix it)! Hilarious to watch though...

Conversion is said to reduce the monsters' HP to 1 after it wears off, although it might be fixed in the current patch. (edited the skill name, thanks nex)

Blade Fury deals only 3/8 of the weapon damage (instead of the listed 3/4) when using 2 handed weapons.

Fire Mastery applies twice to the Enchant damage when it's delivered with a melee attack (first when casting Enchant and second when actually dealing that damage to the target) though that might be an intended feature. The same applies to Lightning Mastery and Holy Shock provided by Dream.

There's a concept called "Next Delay" that makes monsters temporarily immune to all damage from a specific source after they get damaged by it once. This only lasts for a few frames, and is probably a balancing issue with certain skills. Most commonly mentioned with Strafe, this makes approximately half of your arrows against a single monster to be ineffective.

Blessed Hammer is so powerful that's it's almost worse than buggy :tongue:

12. nex

nex IncGamers Member

You mean Conversion.

And I don't have a clue is it fixed or not, I don't remember when I last time used it. That 1 HP thing worked in 1.09.

EDIT

If you are interupted in the middle of Charge you can save yourself with weapon switching. If your Holy shield wears of or you die while Charging (not sure if bug will kick in if you die without active Holy shield, too lazy to test it at the moment) then you have to rejoin game for Charge to start working again.

13. Flayed One

next delay make monsters impossible to hit for the next 4 frames, but not all skills are subject to next delay. The most well known is strafe, and AFAIR druids volcano is too. If I remember it right that's the problem with inferno/arctic blast/wake of inferno... I may be wrong though.
    If you have 3 frame strafe and shoot at a single monster you'll only be able to hit every second arrow. If you have 2 frame strafe you'll be able to hit every third arrow.

how does conversion work nowadays? I remeber veeery fuuuny moments when a converted monster with you fanaticism reverted back to normal, and proceeded to attack you... with a hefty bonus to damage...:tongue:

14. nex

nex IncGamers Member

And not all skills have 4 frame next delay.

That was problem on 1.09 when auras had 3 sec wear of timer. Also when monster reverted aura become invisible :shocked: It was often used for PK, also with Thorns.

15. Flayed One

what skills do have different then 4 frames next delay?

I remember that sorcs chain lightning and amazons lightning strike are subject to next delay too...

16. Llathias

Llathias Banned

Thanks for the correction, nex. I thought I was careful too, but I tend to mix up those two skills. I edited my post...

17. nex

nex IncGamers Member

Assassin FAQ: http://forums.diabloii.net/showthread.php?t=128208

But I'm not sure how correct that is. If Tornado really has 25 frame delay (1 sec!!) then I really have no idea how can wind druid pwn so much in PvP. I guess it's time to spam Liquid to see if he noticed it.

18. Kefir-Tribe

Kefir-Tribe IncGamers Member

What does this mean exactly?

19. Llathias

Llathias Banned

You get no Attack Rating bonus from the skill you're using despite what your LCS says. In other words, you're left with your base AR, equipment bonuses and passive skill bonuses (ie. Penetrate) when using ranged amazon skills (mostly bow&xbow skills).

20. Indemaijinj

Indemaijinj IncGamers Member

The Fend bug is somewhat misunderstood by the wide public.

In fact it is a classic server/client discrepancy.

Actually, when a Fend cycle is disrupted by a block, dodge or hit recovery animation it stops just as it is supposed to do, sever-side. The problem is that the server "forgets" to tell the client that the Fend cycle has stopped so the client still believes you are fending when you are in fact just standing around.

Luckily you have the power to stop Fend client-side by the simple act of releasing the mouse button and reapplying it again.

In other words, Fendazons are quite viable, you just need to unlearn your click-and-hold habits.