Bugged rings?

Gibberish

Diabloii.Net Member
Bugged rings?

Has anyone seen these bugged rings that are floating around ladder?

Apparantly there are 2 of them, I know that one is called Ghoulhide or something, not sure about the other.

Gibberish

Diabloii.Net Member
I have not seen them personally I have just heard talk about them.

This is on USEast, no idea how they are bugged or anything, just seen people asking for them, and once seen someone offering, didn't check it out though.

TriggerHappy

Diabloii.Net Member
There was a thread about these last week or so, they were sold on ebay and suposely give you 2000+ mf. They sold for $51.00, and yes, I have the link, and maybe I can post it since the auction is over, but I dont think that I can.

Ebuski

Diabloii.Net Member
Just did a quick ebay search to find it.. ring stats are as follows:

Ghoul Gyre
Ring (appears to be unique)
3% Life stolen per hit
+1 Dex
+3 Energy
10% Cold resist
20% Lightning resist
10% Fire resist
10% poison resist
And a whopping 2112% Better chance to get magic items( note: text appears in green looks as if it is a set bonus)

Jugalator

Diabloii.Net Member
Fortunately, the diminishing returns kicks in big time if that item works like it should. It's probably not noticeably better than, say, 1000 MF or maybe even 500 MF.

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
I wonder... is it even possible to find stuff with that much mf on? I'm asking because in .09, I tried getting 2000 mf with a char with the Jamella editor in Singleplayer, and tested it out by doing some runs, and it was like I had zero or very mediocre mf, whereas when I put on only 1000 mf, a lot of things started dropping.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I would think that the game has some sort of mf limit.

Gibberish

Diabloii.Net Member
I think it is because the extra 1000 mf only affects rare/magic drops, so more of them drop because of it.

Orbstu

Diabloii.Net Member
Diabolico x64 said:
I tried getting 2000 mf with a char with the Jamella editor in Singleplayer, and tested it out by doing some runs, and it was like I had zero or very mediocre mf, whereas when I put on only 1000 mf, a lot of things started dropping.
How did you manage that, any time I tried Jamella whenever I put MF on an Item I got an error when trying to join game.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
Diabolico x64 said:
I wonder... is it even possible to find stuff with that much mf on? I'm asking because in .09, I tried getting 2000 mf with a char with the Jamella editor in Singleplayer, and tested it out by doing some runs, and it was like I had zero or very mediocre mf, whereas when I put on only 1000 mf, a lot of things started dropping.

Coincidence? Maybe, but I would think that the game has some sort of mf limit.
The only limit it has is the diminishing return which effectively makes it pointless to have that much MF. However that ring would be useful, because you could wear full killing equipment (minus one ring). I don't believe it exists on the realms however.

Diab

Diabloii.Net Member
Orbstu said:
How did you manage that, any time I tried Jamella whenever I put MF on an Item I got an error when trying to join game.
Jamella had MANY bugs, but it was very useful sometimes. I remember that you had to put goldfind on your items within Jamella, but it was really mf, and would show up in your game as mf.