Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

"Bugged" Lilith? Nearly unkillable...

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by ZappaFan, Apr 11, 2008.

1. ZappaFan

ZappaFan Hardcore Moderator and America Trade Moderator

I had an extremely odd experience killing Lilith this morning. I had her set up great, cleared the minions and was taking her on with no minions. I was taking her health down pretty much no problem, but when her health got down to about the 25% mark, she started "super healing" and became pretty much un-killable. Her health would go up and down, going from about the 10% mark on up to the "L" in her name (maybe about the 40% health mark). I fought her like this for 45 frikken minutes and that's no exaggeration. I went through about 25 full juvs on my Frenzier, then used about that many full juvs from my zon that was in the game, then when those were all used up I took my zon out of the game and brought in my IK barb and used up about 20 of his full juvs. I was making pretty liberal use of anti-poison pots the whole time, too.

One other odd thing that was happening during the times she appeared invinceable was that she wasn't doing any damage to my Merc if that means anything.

But finally when I was down to just 2 full juvs, I left the game with both characters (thank goodness for a game being permed) so that I could give my Frenzier a bunch of full juves from a juve mule I have (first time I've ever gotten any from it).

So I finally get back in the game, and when I got back to Lilith she's full health again, but this time I take her down in pretty normal fasion, only took a few minutes, and I didn't use a single juve.

wtf?? There were a couple times where I just about gave up. But I already had the other two organs so that wasn't really an option unless I used an entire mule of full juves. Fortunately she seemed to "reset" to some other sort of quality when I got back to the game, and I now have my 2nd set of organs to try my hand at Uber Tristram.

That was crazy!

2. MrKaxe

MrKaxe IncGamers Site Pal

Very weird dude, very weird...never came across that myself in my small amount of Uber experiences...unlucky :shocked:

3. come back zinc

come back zinc IncGamers Member

Re: "Bugged" Lilith? Nearly unkillable...

Sounds very familiar. The one time I did in ubers in SC, back when the uber thing was new, something similar happened. If felt like the only thing that was registering was the crushing blow, as she dropped at a steady rate to about 20% life and then we couldn't do anything to finish her off. We went to do the other minis, got some more people and came back, then it was easy going... That was a long time ago, though...

4. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

The only thing I can think of is OW wasn't going off like it should, therefore not stopping the regeneration. Since she is PI iirc, its the only way on her.

5. ZappaFan

OW?

Oh shoot I didn't know she was PI... I didn't try Zerking her (not sure I wanted to dare try that lol)

Edit: Arreat Summit only mentions that she's Poison Immune (I thought you mean Physically Immune).
    http://www.battle.net/diablo2exp/monsters/act5-lilith.shtml

6. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

She regens about 16k life per second, which according to RTB, goes up 50% for each player in the game. Open wounds stops the regen.

So take off the war travs and put the gores back on.

She's poison immune, so a poison damage charm won't work either. She also has 66% Physical Resist. Also, she has 40% blocking.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2008
  7. ZappaFan

Last Wish is supposed to have Prevent Monster Heal... maybe that wasn't hitting? Or does PMH not work on Bosses?

8. MYK

MYK Diablo: IncGamers Member

As far as I know, the PMH stat doesn't work on the ubers.

9. ZappaFan

That definitely seems to be the case, I've been reading a bunch of other posts about them and I've read that several times. I definitely need to get some Open Wounds working for me for sure. Might go with Gore Riders and Drac's Grasp gloves.

10. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

You weren't using Drac's before?

11. ZappaFan

No i was still using some blood craft gloves. 10% IAS, 4%LL, 10% CB along with some MF & a little resists of some sort. I'm either going to switch to Dracs or LoH. Should have done that to begin with but for some reason I had a blind spot as far as my gloves were concerned.

12. Tai.

Tai. IncGamers Member

The gloves are sweet, but personally I'd be a bit worried without the Life Tap. Never run with a LW before so I might be overestimating the need, but ya know.

13. ZappaFan

1 in 10 hits casting a level 18 Life Tap means it's cast pretty much all the time for a Frenzier (max Frenzy). Never takes long to get that first cast. The only thing "annoying" about it is that it seems to cancel out Battle Cry.

14. ThomasJohnsen

ThomasJohnsen IncGamers Member

Sounds like the explanations given cover it all.

Just wanted to add another weird thing that happened to me today: I was running CS with my hammer and Diablo pops out on my head, after having opened the seals. I couldn't move or hit him, but he hit me with physical attack, hose and torch-blast.
    Of course I just opened a TP to town and went right back and killed the fella, but being frozen isn't a pleasant experience in hardcore. Next time I won't stand in the middle of his spawning plate :smiley:.

Regards Tom

15. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

That sounds like the charge freeze that happens so often to my zealot. Switching weapons usually fixes it.

16. PestInReace

PestInReace IncGamers Member

Wondering if Prevent Monster Heal will stop their regen or is OW the only option?

Edit: I read MYK's reply but is there someone who can clarify if this really is the case cause i've heard other ppl telling me that PMH works on Ubers.

17. ZappaFan

I did a search on the forums here for Prevent Monster Heal and found multiple posts of people saying it did NOT work on the Ubers. Seems like you just about have to have some Open Wounds when fighting Ubers.

18. AgentMarth

AgentMarth IncGamers Member

Yes and no. PMH does not work, but OW isn't the only way.

There is another, simpler one:

Poison

You can have a 10 poison damage over 6 seconds SC and it will stop there regen. Although, vs Mephy and Lilith (both PI) you do need OW or ALOT of fast, hard hitting damage.

Either way, Gores and/or Dracul's are pretty standard items for a Ubering Char, so you should be good to go.

19. Yaksha~tb~

Yaksha~tb~ IncGamers Member

goblin toes ftw

also dracs ftw

war travs is not a good choice on anyone fighting ubers or mini ubers

20. ZappaFan

I switched to Gore Riders and LoH and it made a big difference.