Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bugged Horadric Staff

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SquareRootOfBob, Jan 29, 2004.

1. SquareRootOfBob

SquareRootOfBob IncGamers Member

Bugged Horadric Staff

http://www.undeadcheese.com/images/screenshot022.jpg

Now, since many of you do not believe that this item is real, and since the other thread was wiped along with the rest of the forum, I am making this thread so that everyone who thought this item was faked will have the opportunity to see that it is real. I will be hosting 1 game tonight, and probably 2 tomorrow. I am in the following game RIGHT NOW! (9:50 PM EAST)

Game name: zhx
    Game password: zhx
    Realm: USEast LADDER
    Account name: phantom_ninja

If I do not respond to you it is probably because I minimized the game temporarily to keep myself entertained. Stay in the game, though, as I will return shortly. I am in the game now, so if you want to see the staff for yourself now is your chance. If you still want to see the item for yourself, but you missed this opportunity, don't worry. I will be hosting this many times during the next week, and if you somehow miss all of them we can arrange a time to meet on bnet.

* EDIT: Notice - The game tonight may only last 30-or-so minutes, but the games tomorrow will last longer.

* EDIT: Another way to contact me would be through AIM/MSN (if you want to arrange a time to meet on battle.net)

AIM = UndeadCheese12
    MSN = [email protected]

2. Shadow_247

Shadow_247 IncGamers Member

Yes, this is real... It is not a fake, i went to the game and saw it. For those sceptics out there http://www.geocities.com/shadox_247/horadricstaffbug.jpg is a screenshot. If you think that's a fake or it's on open or something don't bother posting, there just isn't a need for those without some trust.

EDIT: Copy and paste the link and add a space if it isn't working.

3. wang259

wang259 IncGamers Member

very wierd...too bad it doesn't have uber mods :D

4. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Mech-Sheep Arsenal IncGamers Member

I'm guessing, theorically, that some rare mods were accidently spawned when he transmuted it... It seems really weird...

But then, why would it?

5. Shadow_247

It seems to have spawned with 3x durability. A failed unique it would seem. The affixes are for a rare item, and it has spawned with rare mods - so it would seem. I would like to find out the area he was in when it was transmuted, maybe it has something to do with area_Lvls.

6. frozenmagic

frozenmagic IncGamers Member

did you upgrade the staff..coz if you upgrade it turns into a normal item but the same unik name..it can be also done with the hellforge hammer

7. SquareRootOfBob

Shadow: I was in act 2 town
    frozen: Upgrading it would make it a hand axe, and the name+properties would still be the same.

Basically, I was in act 2 hell with my friend. I put the staff and amulet in the horadric cube, transmuted them, and this popped out instead of a normal staff.

I'm still in the game for people who still want to see it. If you still want to see it tonight after I get off battle.net you can contact me on AIM/MSN, as I should still be logged onto those for most of the night.

8. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

****, can't find a source for uploading the picture. Sorry, bud, I really want to :xx:

It's DEFINATELY real... That thing freaks me out!

9. SquareRootOfBob

Alright, tonight's game is closed now. I'll post when the next one is tomorrow. If you still want to see it tonight you can contact me on AIM/MSN.

10. Shade

Shade IncGamers Member

It's possible that the game mistakenly freaked out and 'failed' the Horadric Staff, generating a rare item of the same base type. How precisely that happened I have no idea - transmuting the quest recipes should be level independent... maybe something got corrupted in transit.

Practical use: none. Collector's piece: definitely :)

11. SquareRootOfBob

The interesting thing is the name is still in gold, even though it has the rare item attributes.

12. Shadow_247

I think the fact that it is a quest item makes the writing stay. It only picked up rare mods and affixes not the colouration. The green tint to the staff is really what is picking at my brain.

13. Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Well, I'm guessing because it spawned some poison damage, it became green!

Or maybe some rat poison was sucked onto the staff to make that greenish :xmad:

Whatever the reason, it's a collector's item for sure. 1 in a billion, I might add...

14. HippityHoppity

HippityHoppity IncGamers Member

Well it has psn damage on it so thts why its green...

15. Shadow_247

I realize that, I'm wondering why it recieves tinting for the psn mod, while the name colouring does not change from unique-looking to rare coloured.

You might think that quest items would get something to keep them from getting discoloured by mods, just as it seems to have something preventing a colouring name change. Saying that, you might think quest items should have a prevention from getting screwed up - but apparently they dont :p

16. SquareRootOfBob

I've decided not to host any games today, as I stay in there for a couple of hours just to show it to like 5 people. ;) If you want to see it for yourself, your best bet at contacting me would be through AIM/MSN.

17. SinfulSlave

SinfulSlave Banned

bummer, the screen shot links arent working.
    Can anyone put up a new one?

18. Usufruct

Usufruct IncGamers Member

I thought someone explained it in the last thread, and also ruled it out as a collectors item because it is easy to reproduce.

19. SquareRootOfBob

The person who explained it was thinking of something else, because the process he described was nothing like how it happened to me.

Sin: The link works for me. If you want to see it in a game I can show it to you...

20. iamscottbowdown

iamscottbowdown IncGamers Member

He ya go, i just saved his and put it up on my college given space.
    His Staff