Bugged Horadric Staff

SquareRootOfBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Bugged Horadric Staff

http://www.undeadcheese.com/images/screenshot022.jpg

Now, since many of you do not believe that this item is real, and since the other thread was wiped along with the rest of the forum, I am making this thread so that everyone who thought this item was faked will have the opportunity to see that it is real. I will be hosting 1 game tonight, and probably 2 tomorrow. I am in the following game RIGHT NOW! (9:50 PM EAST)

Game name: zhx
Game password: zhx
Realm: USEast LADDER
Account name: phantom_ninja

If I do not respond to you it is probably because I minimized the game temporarily to keep myself entertained. Stay in the game, though, as I will return shortly. I am in the game now, so if you want to see the staff for yourself now is your chance. If you still want to see the item for yourself, but you missed this opportunity, don't worry. I will be hosting this many times during the next week, and if you somehow miss all of them we can arrange a time to meet on bnet.

* EDIT: Notice - The game tonight may only last 30-or-so minutes, but the games tomorrow will last longer.

* EDIT: Another way to contact me would be through AIM/MSN (if you want to arrange a time to meet on battle.net)

AIM = UndeadCheese12
MSN = [email protected]

Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Diabloii.Net Member
I'm guessing, theorically, that some rare mods were accidently spawned when he transmuted it... It seems really weird...

But then, why would it?

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
It seems to have spawned with 3x durability. A failed unique it would seem. The affixes are for a rare item, and it has spawned with rare mods - so it would seem. I would like to find out the area he was in when it was transmuted, maybe it has something to do with area_Lvls.

frozenmagic

Diabloii.Net Member
did you upgrade the staff..coz if you upgrade it turns into a normal item but the same unik name..it can be also done with the hellforge hammer

SquareRootOfBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadow: I was in act 2 town
frozen: Upgrading it would make it a hand axe, and the name+properties would still be the same.

Basically, I was in act 2 hell with my friend. I put the staff and amulet in the horadric cube, transmuted them, and this popped out instead of a normal staff.

I'm still in the game for people who still want to see it. If you still want to see it tonight after I get off battle.net you can contact me on AIM/MSN, as I should still be logged onto those for most of the night.

SquareRootOfBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, tonight's game is closed now. I'll post when the next one is tomorrow. If you still want to see it tonight you can contact me on AIM/MSN.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Shadow_247 said:
It seems to have spawned with 3x durability. A failed unique it would seem. The affixes are for a rare item, and it has spawned with rare mods - so it would seem. I would like to find out the area he was in when it was transmuted, maybe it has something to do with area_Lvls.
It's possible that the game mistakenly freaked out and 'failed' the Horadric Staff, generating a rare item of the same base type. How precisely that happened I have no idea - transmuting the quest recipes should be level independent... maybe something got corrupted in transit.

Practical use: none. Collector's piece: definitely :)

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
I think the fact that it is a quest item makes the writing stay. It only picked up rare mods and affixes not the colouration. The green tint to the staff is really what is picking at my brain.

Mech-Sheep Arsenal

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, I'm guessing because it spawned some poison damage, it became green!

Or maybe some rat poison was sucked onto the staff to make that greenish :xmad:

Whatever the reason, it's a collector's item for sure. 1 in a billion, I might add...

Shadow_247

Diabloii.Net Member
HippityHoppity said:
Well it has psn damage on it so thts why its green...
I realize that, I'm wondering why it recieves tinting for the psn mod, while the name colouring does not change from unique-looking to rare coloured.

You might think that quest items would get something to keep them from getting discoloured by mods, just as it seems to have something preventing a colouring name change. Saying that, you might think quest items should have a prevention from getting screwed up - but apparently they dont :p

SquareRootOfBob

Diabloii.Net Member
I've decided not to host any games today, as I stay in there for a couple of hours just to show it to like 5 people. ;) If you want to see it for yourself, your best bet at contacting me would be through AIM/MSN.

Usufruct

Diabloii.Net Member
I thought someone explained it in the last thread, and also ruled it out as a collectors item because it is easy to reproduce.

SquareRootOfBob

Diabloii.Net Member
Usufruct said:
I thought someone explained it in the last thread, and also ruled it out as a collectors item because it is easy to reproduce.
The person who explained it was thinking of something else, because the process he described was nothing like how it happened to me.

Sin: The link works for me. If you want to see it in a game I can show it to you...