Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bugged D2 classic items uswest???

Discussion in 'Classic' started by TheLBT, Oct 4, 2006.

1. TheLBT

TheLBT IncGamers Member

2. norvi11erogers

norvi11erogers IncGamers Member

3 normal gems + socketed
    3 chipped or flawless gems + magic

3. ElDrunko

ElDrunko IncGamers Member

It's a cube recipe to add sockets to some items.

4. ElDrunko

WTF? I didn't even click it twice...

5. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

:werd: I once knew someone obsessed with collecting flawless gems, in an effort to reroll a blue/magical exe to get high damage, and more than one socket.

he claims to have seen a blue exe, with approaching, if not exceeding 200 dmg, and two sockets once upon a time. however, this guy has the mythical azuerwrath, and several other old school, prepatch items as well, so he may have seen it a LONG time ago.

*shrug*

6. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Max damage of a exec is 80, max ed of a magic item is 100%, max damage added to maximum of a weapon is 20, so 180 would in theory be possible. Upon which you can get up to 3 sockets if I remember the cube recipe correctly.
    So you could get a Kings exec of Slaughter and socket it with 3 perfect Ametheists to get a sword which does 94-180 damage and has 600AR.
    So gentlemen, start collecting those flawless. :)

7. Monzee

Monzee IncGamers Member

WOW, so if I have understood this right you can actually roll a grim shield 30/20 with 20 priz and still leave 1-2 open sockets??? IF so I could imagine a 30/20 48priz grim going for A LOT :smiley:

8. WarlockCC

From the Arreat :
    3 Standard Gems (normal) and 1 Socketed Weapon (Any Type) = 1 Socketed Magic Weapon (of same type)
    This takes a socketed weapon and makes it a magic socketed weapon with a random number of sockets. This allows you to get new magic bonuses on an otherwise non magical weapon. The original weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. ilvl = 30. It gets 1-2 sockets.

3 Chipped Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
    This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=25 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.

3 Flawless Gems + 1 Magic Weapon = Socketed Magic Weapon
    This adds sockets to a magic weapon. The original magic weapon properties will be removed (rerolled) when the new weapon is created. If you use this formula with a weapon that is not normally socketed such as a Javelin, this recipe will create a new magical weapon without any sockets. ilvl=30 magic weapon with 1-2 sockets.

Any one of these three recipes could have been used to make those scepters.

As for shields, the only thing you can use on them is this formula :
    1 Magic Shield (any type) + 1 Spiked Club (any quality) + 2 Skulls (any quality) = Magic Shield of Spikes
    ilvl=30. The shield will always have the "of Spikes" suffix (Attacker Takes Damage of 4-6) and has a chance at getting a prefix as well. The type of shield is retained, and any type of shield (including paladin shields and necromancer shrunken heads) works as input.

No sockets though, so this recipe is pretty much a dud for classic.

9. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

items are re=rolled at socketing using this cube recipe

edit: warlock posted better info

10. ElDrunko

11. DougDadyUsWest

DougDadyUsWest IncGamers Member

I am really kicking myself for not taking a s/s but does anyone remember back in .09 when there were unique items spawning with the wrong item mods, for example, stormstrike breast plate, or the uber godly staff of kings boots. At one point in time I had a breast plate that added pierce, a rather nice mod for a duel zon. Esp if you had staff of kings boots and didn't need the twitch ias.

...ahh memories...

12. ElDrunko

I once saw an Occy ring on Expansion.

13. quadeddie

quadeddie IncGamers Member

14. WarlockCC

Well, he can wear a Goldskin, so at least 80 with items, the boots give 5, so at least 75 str if he doesn't have any other str from items.
    But that shield is most likely not a Isenhart, but a Ward, which gives 10 Str, meaning he has 65 str without his shield and boots.

The mask, which is probably a 3 PTopaz socketed mask, could just as well be a Face of Horror, 20 str right there.
    Rings could be giving him 15 Str a piece.
    His amu could be giving him 20 Str, leaving -5 str.
    The Gauntlets could be siggies, giving 10 str(and nothing else, so I doubt that, more likely they are frosties or rares which give 25MF and/or xxGF) and possably giving 9 str.
    The belt could also give up to 20 str.

It could very well be that he invested no points in str. :)

15. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I saw the terrahaunches, and just assumed it was a din, and not a sorc...

regardless, warlock already covered the items that would make it possible for any char to wear gskin.

my only gripe with the gskin, is, aside from the str req, is that it's heavy, and slows one down. if you don't have frw boots, it's pretty noticeable too.

that being said, while I still like the gskin, I don't rely upon it as much as I used to for many characters.

for example, I have been pleasantly surprised at how well angellics combo works for a baba in cs runs, with some nice, but no where near godly belt, gloves, and boots complimenting it.

16. ElDrunko

I think I have 70 str. I'm just using gs until I find some better armor. The shield is Ward, the boots are Tears, the gloves are Frosties, the rings are fcr resists, ammy is 2 skill some resist, and mask is 3 PRuby. The Tears add 20 frw if I remember correctly but I teleport more than I run so it's fine. I didn't know that heavier armor makes you slower... I have never heard that before.

17. Creon

Creon IncGamers Member

Occy rings and other items with unique stats on the wrong item slot and with better than normal modifiers (4 socket Stormshield and Valor, Wizardspike gloves, etc) were all created/duped on the open realm then imported by a now unusable method. The amount of the various items, especially the Occy rings, were then further increased by item selling sites and the like using then working dupe methods to increase their supplies.

18. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I don't think it's the weight per se', but more the type. generally, the heavier armors are 'full plates' as it was explained to me, and these are generally slower.

my baba normally wears angellic armor, has 30 frw boots, and I think 3 or 4 into faster run walk. skill

if I toss gskins on him, he's dramatically slower. whether it's due to the style/type of armor or the weight, I honestly don't know.

regardless, I usually only use the gskins for gold farming. he has enough resists with angellics to do fine in CS runs if I choose to go that route, with poisn being the only issue. chugging down 6 antidote pots in rapid fashion is enough to usually last an entire cs run... (and when carrying the two bo sticks, plus tarn, I get an addition 5 skills in faster run/walk, meaning I can out run teleporting sorcs, if a partied Din turns vigor on :thumbsup: