Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bug with telekines for sorc

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Patch Bug Reports & Suggestions' started by Bart, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Bart

Bart IncGamers Member

Bug with telekines for sorc

Can anyone explain what's wrong with telekines ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Meosha

Meosha IncGamers Member

Well, it can be used infinitely in town with no expense to Mana...

3. dirty.scorpion

dirty.scorpion Banned

is telekine used to recover your body?

4. leihotikan

leihotikan IncGamers Member

Telekinesis bug. I think I know what you are talking about. SO it goes like that:

When you throw item on ground, for example, muling, and there is sorc with telekinesis. When she/he will play funny with items using telekinesis (cant pick it up, but can throw it funny in the air) AND you try to pick this item THE SAME timewhile he uses telekinesis on it - item dissapears. Totally. Erased from BN servers, you cant restore it with any known mehod.

5. happyface95

happyface95 IncGamers Member

I believe you just cant telekenesis an item anymore? Or maybe they fixed it because that was their temporary block against the buffer for duping.

6. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

people cant use telekenises on items because it was considered an unfair advantage in public MFing games and such like. (also makes it easy to scam someone e.g if it could be used in 1.10 anni trades would be impossible for example)

it is not a bug, they changed it so it can only pick up gold and maybe keys, so basically its crap now.

7. leihotikan

leihotikan IncGamers Member

You CAN NOT pick items, except potions. You cant pick uniques and other items BUT you CAN play with them, throw them in the air - your sorc will tell you: "I cant do that" (or something like that, I havent english verion of game) But if she tries to pick anything with telekinesis and the same time other person tries to pick it regular way - item dissapears. Try to do that with any crap item, like armor, scimitar, anything like white worthless item.

8. happyface95

happyface95 IncGamers Member

warlock, I meant that items dont "bounce" anymore, I never meant to say anything about picking with Telekenesis.

I believe not it says : I cant do that. They might have fixed that.

Also, I believe I know more aobut D2 then you judging from your reply.

9. aelst

aelst IncGamers Member

Telekinesis isn't crap, I use it to knockback some monsters such as the council so my merc has a better chance of killing them.

10. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

You can pick up any item from the "junk" treasure class (scrolls, all potions, keys) and gold. I don´t know if it works on arrows/bolts. I find it useful if I run out of healing potions to feed my tanking mercenary with and there are healing potions lying on the ground. Same with mana potions for the sorceress herself.

I also use it to:

* Heal the merc by using Telekinesis on a Well (very stylish way to heal them, I think).

* open or close doors (sometimes when I have an underpowered sorc who does not want to wake any more monsters at a time than absolutely necessary.)

* activate waypoints (sometimes)

* activate the altar on the Arreat Summit, so I can give my sorceress some distance between her and the Ancients when all Hell breaks loose.

* as aelst said, to stunlock a tough boss to help your merc kill it.

11. DarkY

DarkY IncGamers Member

well nice topic, but t.starter didnt mention anything about the bug he had

12. ioupain

ioupain IncGamers Member

Telekinesis can also be used to go into a town portal from the town side - i think it only works when you are in town as after many times of trying i have only once been able to use telekinesis to get through the red portal at meph to go to act4.

13. Gibberish

Gibberish IncGamers Member

The reason the items don't bounce anymore, and why an item dissappears when 2 sorcs do TK on it, is because there was a dupe out near the start of the patch that used this to dupe.

Which is what caused the massive influx of high runes.

14. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

You are absolutely right, if a sorc uses telekinesis on ANY item on the ground while you try to pick it up at the same time i believe the item will either disappear or it will become "stuck" in your inventory and will disappear the next game, and there is no way to fix it.

15. BartXeno

BartXeno IncGamers Member

I can TK through the red portal every time as long as I haven't activated the bridge. Stay away from the peninsula/bridge and try it.