Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bug: Revived Never Die

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Fuzzier, Nov 7, 2006.

1. Fuzzier

Fuzzier IncGamers Member

Bug: Revived Never Die

I revived some Storm Casters in Choas Sancturay (Nightmare), finished Diablo, then use Tyreal's portal to act5 with one Storm Caster left.
    I played about another 30 minutes, but the Storm Caster never perished :shocked:
    Have anyone expierenced this?

2. HYKO

HYKO IncGamers Member

Wow, That would be the ultimate minion to have, but not i have not experiance this.

3. Perfect Hatred

Perfect Hatred IncGamers Member

Wow, I hope that bug works for Moon Lords too :grin:

4. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

The bug has been seen before. I believe someone had an immortal Frenzytaur. Nobody knows what causes it.

5. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Very cool...... (runs off to find ways to exploit bug)
    Mantis do you know the guy who had the frenzytaur? We could get all the guys who've had this happen and try to find out what causes it. :wink3:

Edit: Ive always thought that revives shoudld last forever.... would it really unbalance the game THAT much. (fantasizes about 30+ frenzytaurs/urdars..... forever.)

6. garion

garion IncGamers Member

Edit: Ive always thought that revives shoudld last forever.... would it really unbalance the game THAT much. (fantasizes about 30+ frenzytaurs/urdars..... forever.)

lol.....yeah..it might just unbalance things a wee bit =)..but i've never seen this before..or perhaps never noticed it...

7. bogie

bogie IncGamers Member

Ive noticed some of my abyss knights lasting a much longer than usual quite a bit, but ive normally just glossed over it. Problem is, i never just revive 1 guy, so its harder to see how long there lasting.

8. Anti-Life

Anti-Life IncGamers Member

ive had this happen with 4 oblivion knights. got em in hell diablo and they lasted all the way through my MF run of andy/meph/countess/trav/baal. was pretty funny when i noticed it, this was last ladder though and i assumed it was fixed in this update.

no idea how i got it to happen though as i had over 20 revives running around at the start...was funny as hell wen they laid baal out with my merc though

9. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Unfortunately, yes, having revives last forever would unbalance the game. As of right now, I'd say that by far the most common use of Revives isn't by Summoners, but rather by PnB Necros with a strong desire to not die. They summon extremely large monsters which cover their body up, making them virtually invincible except to certain skills. Seeing as how Revives, even with only one point in, are insanely strong, the only realistic way to make said Necromancer vulnerable again is to wait for the Revive to expire. If the revive lasted forever...bad things would happen...

10. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

It would be interesting if points in revive increased the duration. On the bug itself, I presume it'd be similar to when you summon ~15 skeletons then switch down to gear that only allows 12 skeletons yet the 3 extras dont die until some point later on (normally 2-5 minutes later).

Theres only certain times/conditions that the game checks to see if you should be allowed to keep your minions. testing with skeleton +skill gear might be the place to start looking.

11. Bandit

Bandit IncGamers Member

Just thinking about perhaps killing diablo with a few urdars before entering portal and heading for uber trist....talk about nuts ^_^. Curious though, did you kill diablo for quest?

12. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Can't recall, but I'll dig around for you in the weekend.

13. garion

garion IncGamers Member

hrm..i think when i switch gear i hear my extra skeles pop...just me?

14. kaervek

kaervek IncGamers Member

Thats correct, if you switch weapons excess skeletons will immediately die. If you move charms from pack into stash or swap +3 summon circlet/amulet for mf gear you wont immediately lose them though. I've gotten halfway through a hell cow game before my extras popped.

15. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

So swapping out such items will make em last longer?