Bug/Feature of charged items

RobWild

Diabloii.Net Member
Bug/Feature of charged items

had a few questions regarding charged items. I read that items with charges provide the charge level's synergy to other skills when no points are put in the actual skill. Does this work in the reverse way? Meaning for instance say I have an item that provides charges of enchant. Do the charges recieve a synergy bonus from my warmth if I'm a sorcy and max that. So 20 warmth, 0 in enchant, but have an item with enchant charges. Does it recieve the synergy?

Also I have heard of this being used with a carrion wind ring and rabies, I looked up the damage on the skill planner thing and it still takes like over 12 seconds to deal out the damage so even though it looks like a lot of damage it kinda still sucks doesn't it? I would love to have a poison skill that actually works well but have yet to see one, anyone who has made a rabies druid please let me know how the poison worked out, what was good and what wasn't.

Amiral

Diabloii.Net Member
i think they're supposed too, and do, and thats why hte thingie that other skills recivie bonus from charges came in to game. but thats only what i think, but Shade or someoneelse legendary statistic and knowitallin diablo2 posted a link or something from A.summit where it were explaine, or he/she just explained as im trying to do that something like thatwas the thingie.
uh, not really easy to read this above?

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Not guilty! :)

The 'charges and synergies' thing is mentioned in the Patch changes list...

Items that grant skills bestow a lower skill level to those character classes who natively have the skill in their skill tree. Note that Charged items receive synergy and mastery bonuses, but don't receive bonuses by assigning extra points to the skill.

Shade

Diabloii.Net Member
Well he was asking about the reverse case with charges recieving synergies, so I answered that bit :)

The fact that it works in reverse too is probably a side-effect of them being synergised by your own skills.