Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BSnap Vs Rare Mart

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Locke07, Nov 19, 2006.

1. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

BSnap Vs Rare Mart

I know this debate has been going on for a while and I am curious to know at what point does a perfect Bsnap lost to a rare martel. We will use my barb for example 250 strength... lets forget about the Resist and only look at the damage from the weapons and the crushing blow.. if anyone is a math wizard I would love to know.

Thanks In advance,
    Locke

2. Creon

Creon IncGamers Member

It depends on how many HP the monster you are killing has and what type of monster it is, since the damage crushing blow deals is dependent upon all of that. It also depends on if crushing blow damage scales with players in game to still do the same % loss to the monster. You can't ignore the added AR of a rare maul, either, as this adds to your chance to hit.

However, from my experience, a 225 is about equal to, maybe even a bit better than, a perfect bonesnap for hell council with 270 STR.

3. -Tempus-

-Tempus- IncGamers Member

use both, when the dur on one drops switch to the other.

one of my barbs was using a 294 martel with high str and could do +2k max ww dmg. as long as he had the AR to hit it works great but vs bosses the bonesnap + Gtoe works just as well.

-Tempus-

4. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

I had a nearly perfect steel driver, along with a 170 dmg bsnap and this is exactly what I did whilst hell flayering for the longest time. I didn't notice a significant difference in killing speed in hell flayers one, vs the other.

5. zaxien

zaxien IncGamers Member

The place where you will notice the biggest difference is when you do hell trav. bonesnap v my old 289 mart is a no contest win for the mart. i could clean out trav in about 5-6 wws and it would take 10-20 with a snap.

6. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

well yeah... 100+ dmg more than a perfect bsnap would tend to do that :p

earlier in the thread, the 22x mark was mentioned as an approximate break point as to when to swap out a mart vs. the bsnap.

I notice a significant difference between the bsnap, and the 268 mart my earlier referenced baba is using as well.

7. quadeddie

quadeddie IncGamers Member

I've been traving for fun and found the following things interesting:

FYI on gear, I'm doing the GF/MF gear setup:
    Angelic rings, ammy, armor
    P Tarn
    P Snap with 2 Gulls for popping
    P Goldwrap
    High MF / High GF boots w/some resist and frw

Since my Barb is mid-70s (doing a 250/250 build), I've been teaming up with my gg chantress doing trav.

With chancies, I have lots of near death experiences, but with dual leech gloves (3/3), I'm good. I may swap out an angelic ring for a dual leech ring and throw the chancies back on - because I'm loosing out on a lot of gold.

I'm good on FR, but my LR, CR is suffering. I'm putting more points into the elemental resist skill, but its starting to level off. Even chanted, my guy still needs to WW a few times for a regular council guy. Heaven forbid, if they spawn fire immune and if one of the uniques spawn phys immune/fire immune (1 out of 10 times I think).

Popping with gulls is fun, but it sucks when I have a near-death and have to run away for a quick visit to town and back as the bodies all get garbage collected in a blink of an eye. I've got to constantly make the call - should I pop it with BS in hand, or am I confident that I can clear trav for gull popping?

I'd like to try a Mart, but are marts as cheap to repair as a snap is? AR isn't a problem in my case (with anglics and the occasional chant), resists are the problem. Can you get good resists on a high-end mart?

8. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

you won't find many rare marts that have the same 3x dual rez that the bsnap has.

that being said. in hell, my ww barb finds literally more full juvs than he can use simply from flayering and the bosses in stony/dark wood.

keep a finger on the pot button if you're "near death" when popping, better than running back to town, and losing a body to pop.

9. JEstevam

JEstevam IncGamers Member

everyone forgetting that bonesnap has range 2, and martel has range 4?

10. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

Good point, mart(range 3 according to Arreat) does have a bigger range then a snap(range 2 according to Arreat).

11. goomba

goomba IncGamers Member

not forgetting the range difference (2 vs 3) just not finding it of significant to note for pvm. most typically, when pvm, I don't try to 'skirt' the monsters to attempt to take advantage of just barely clipping them, cause for one, a missed WW althogether is a waste of mana.

I treat my 250 str baba like the full back that he is, and go right up the gut/middle so to speak

12. JEstevam

JEstevam IncGamers Member

ancient axe has range 4, my mistake

13. IsThisNamePermanent

IsThisNamePermanent IncGamers Member

I know this is not the place for this question I figure it could be answered here instead of making a new thread. What is this flayering I've seen talked about?
    What part of act3 is it?

14. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

Any part with significant amounts of Fetishes, though by far the Flayer Jungle is the most popular, and the Fetishes in this particular reigon tend to be called Soul Flayers, or "Flayers" for short.

15. WarlockCC

WarlockCC Diablo Classic Moderator

They do indeed spawn in the spider forrest and great march aswell, but not in the quantaties that they can spawn in the Flayer Jungle.
    Great march is usually avoided because of the glooms there.
    Spider forrest usually just has those raptor like monsters which move towards and away from you randomly and not a whole lot of other monsters.

I had an odd spawn the other day, the flayer jungle, which nobody had been yet, seemed desolate. There where however quite a lot of those slime price(frog like) demon packs. In this same game, the great march had no glooms, just a lot of bloated corpses and a whole lot of those tree things.

16. Avraham

Avraham IncGamers Member

How about b snap (166) and g toe vs. a 220 mart (crap mods) with or without g toe? Other equip is angelics (mantle, wings, halos), tarn and/or socketed helm.

I thinking of running an mf barb setup like this:

Helm: Tarn.
    Armor: G skin.
    Ammy: +2 rare + mf.
    Rings: Dual leech with mf.
    Gloves: LL or dual leech with mf. (maybe just hand of broc, because I'm dirt poor).
    Boots: High res, frw, some mf (remember I'm poor).
    Weapon: Bsnap.

The aforementioned two -- boots and weapon -- could be phased out in favor of a g toe and a 220 mart, or b snap and g toe.