Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Browser/forum issues?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Hatsepsut, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

Browser/forum issues?

I have been using Firefox for a while now and having some issues (with this here site in particular).

For one, every time I log in here I periodically get a popup with the message: "The operation timed out when trying to connect to advsr.knowledge.com".

Secondly, whenever I try to make a new thread or reply to a topic the editor takes ages to load and sometimes it will just hang there and then with a red field where the text input field should be.

Another problem I have is I can't view/uninstall/install new extensions. Klicking Tools->Extensions does nothing and I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Firefox 4-5 times.

And...just to be a lil' provocative...I never had any problems with Avant! ;)

2. krzyhobo

krzyhobo IncGamers Member

I've been using Safari and have noticed similar problems. Browsing threads works perfectly but if I try to post anything it hangs for minutes at a time. Very odd.

3. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

I get that problem too. It comes and goes and I don't know why. Maybe an ad thing?

I have not had that issue.

I haven't tried to use extensions (or Avant).

4. DOC

DOC Off Topic Moderator

I have had problems posting recently, it seems that after I type maybe a line or so the forums like to take me back about a few pages to a thread that I was looking at earlier. So if I get alot of double posts, I am sorry.

5. DrunkCajun

DrunkCajun Banned

Hats, I've been getting that same error message occassionally on my FF at work. I made a note of it in the mod forum on the WoW side of the site, so I know Elly and Rush have seen it. Hopefully it'll get taken care of, whatever it is. At any rate, I haven't seen it today, so... *crosses fingers*

6. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

I've been running Firefox for months, and I've never once had a problem with these forums. Maybe it's not your browsers that are the problem.

7. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

Well haven't had the problem today either. :)

As for the extensions issue I'm thinking it's probably some buggy extension...but how the heck do I uninstall one without being able to access tools->extensions?

8. rare

rare IncGamers Member

Mozilla has a forum to help people out with Firefox problems. Just go to their site (where you're directed to when you want a theme/extension) and look around. I'm sure they'll be a lot of help.

If you want to try to screw around with Firefox by yourself, open a new tab and type about:config You'll get a page with all of your preferences, but also a lot of confusing numbers. There might be a chance you could fix it, at the very least it'll be a start >_<

9. KillJoyBob

KillJoyBob IncGamers Member

Same here, I run FF both at home and at work and I've never seen the behavior described in this thread.

10. farting bob

farting bob Banned

Well firefox works fine for me. hen i first download v1.0, the text box used enter a new post stayed dark red, with black text, so i couldnt read it unless i highlighted it all, but i think that was just a problem in the site code, and got fixed shortly. I havent had any problems with FF since, but installed an extension to 'view page in IE' which i have to use on microsoft sites (still not letting anybody use parts of there sites unless you have IE isntalled. hence MySpace hasent been updated for donkey's years).

11. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

Well I did yet another reinstall AND this time deleted the damn folder in My Documents...problem solved. Darn My Documents folder, never use the thing much less look in there...:eek: As for the strange error messages, they must be coming from some advertisement and seem to have disappeared. I still get the odd blue-black background thingie sometimes though, whatever that is.

12. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

Blah scratch that...the adsvr.adknowledge.com (this time I remembered the exact message ;)) crap is back and so are the ridiculously long loading times. :(

13. Amra

Amra IncGamers Member

lol... the first time in days that I got the error was when I opened this thread!

Only this thread.

I smell a conspiracy!

14. Hatsepsut

Hatsepsut Banned

Oh no! *hides under desk*