bring LLDing BACK TO THE WEST!!

forumfreak

Diabloii.Net Member
bring LLDing BACK TO THE WEST!!

so i completely missed when llding scene... damn!!

any chance of it coming back?

i know im still a noob at this but im learning.. ive concluded a few things after meeting a few llders all about in the 12-24 range... (take note that im not including noob duelers, i do know which they are since after they duel they constantly want to see what youre wearing, and veteran llders are willing to chat about how lld was big and how d2 classic is dying and are willing to get a whisper to duel anytime...)

1. double swing death set barb is no match for smiter or charger (w/ w/o shield)

2. zons with rclaw whoop ***

3. lvl 24 necros whoop *** too, well against melee (but i never seen him duel a zon)

4. cleg, hsarus, angelic set dswing barbs are no match for exact same build zealer

5. bsnap chargers stand a chance against some higher levels

anyways, i just wanted to ask you all if you had anytips... i tried some of the ones posted on here and found come that are really good... i kinda wanna see how a zon build would look like so any tips or comments are welcome!!

thanks!!!

P.S. and no i dont want to here about LLD101... they dont help since its xpac... and using their builds without the charms or whatnot is not the same... tried and failed.

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
I deleted your last post because it linked to a site that supports hacks, cheats, and bots. Sorry but that is not allowed. Perhaps you should review the rules before it happens again. If you want to post your pics, please use Imageshack or a site like that.

Thanks

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
As far as zons go, you can't make a low level bowzon unless you have a straw going from your zon straight to the mana-potion-factory.
Lightning zon should be possible, so I suggest you make a plan, draw up the outlines, ect. :)

quadeddie

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd like to lld on West - I've met a few guys around who still do it. There's Mr Friendly who hangs out on op xsnx (lvl 12 charger who posted in a previous thread).

I created a sigs/angelics/hisarus charger who's fully rushed and lvl 12. He's fun, and when I can't find good lld games, he usually goes into Nightmare and starts griefing lvl 20-50s with a chant. (Wolf in sheeps clothing - Most people look at the lvl and blow him off until they get one-hitted and drop 200,000k gold - :wink2: )

Fearlessone

Diabloii.Net Member
And rumor has it that even JoeDamned is still around doing his LLD thing. I tried to do a search using 'lld' but got the inevitable: "Search string too short, u are obviously and idiot who doesnt know how to search. HaHaHa." or something like that... Anyways, his Fun LLD guide thread has been the most successful regular thread in the history of this forum, going strong after 18 months, last post back in October. There is even a posting about some tourney on the bottom of this page.

Sooo many players still dont know about enchant. What really gets them is when they get swiped, they bring in a nm lvl player and some level 11 barb without a weapon slugs them while they are running past. Of course, the barb is likely to hit and u get "cheaters!" "hackers!, i'm reporting u!"

sculpen

Diabloii.Net Member
so i completely missed when llding scene... damn!!

any chance of it coming back?
The LLD scene is still going quite strong on USWest Ladder. There are atleast 10 people who come to mind right now who actively LLD. The only problem is most of us know eachother now, and there is never anybody new. New LLD faces are extremely welcome! If you want to get to know some of us drop by my channel, op xsnx. I'm there most days and evenings. Or whisper me at *sculpen3

My LLD chars are:
Mr_Nano - lvl 9 Pal
Mr_Batou - lvl 12 Bar
Mr_Friendly - lvl 12 Pal
Mr_Clean - lvl 27 Pal

P.S. :wave: @ quadeddie and Fearlessone

ElDrunko

Diabloii.Net Member
My 16 LLD chargers name is Phuck_WithThis or something like that. My hammerdins name is similar but meh. I always see games called "LLDHERENOWFASTLAWL" but when I join there are always lvl 70+ battling out with their high lvls because some words were said. Makes me wonder if LLDing will become extinct soon. :|

WarlockCC

Diablo Classic Moderator
Nah, this is normal for LLD games which don't have a cap on them.
You should make a level 19 char just for the occasion of making level limited LLD games. set difference to 10 levels and people from 9-29 should be able to join, your target audience if you will. There won't be any gold-diggers(sub level 9, there to steal any gold that drops since they can't be hostiled they can't be touched)

forumfreak

Diabloii.Net Member
im building a double swing barb with twitch so hes gunna be at lvl 16, no skills used up yet and waiting for a response... my question is...

will it be better if i added more points into double swing then to mastery, or vice versa?

forumfreak

Diabloii.Net Member
just found my own answer...

mastery:
adds +5 to dmg every level
adds +8 to attk every level
and adds to critical strike

skill (d.swing):
adds +5 to dmg every level

so yeah... :)

Fists of War

Diabloii.Net Member
LLD? Didn't know what it meant when I clicked on the tread but now I do...Me and my friend have been making lvl9 duelers for a while now, just trying too see how much dmg we can squeeze out of smite :)

I'd love to meet some other LLDers...Finally theres actually some people that aren't lvl 80+, are classic, and playing on USwest! Add me to your friends my account name is Fullplate, I don't go on much but I have a few low level chars that could do with some low lvl gear!

Fists of War

Diabloii.Net Member
I went to that op channel and some guy said the friendlies was a group of people...who are they? Sculpen I'll add you in game and maybe duel you aye?