Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bring best mf/key runnin sorce using Tal's set

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by ezemz, Nov 21, 2006.

1. ezemz

ezemz IncGamers Member

Bring best mf/key runnin sorce using Tal's set

Ok I have full Tal's and a torch I just need the best guide to solo key running and MFing. Please help me. Thanks

I was thinking TS/Orb but not sure

2. Maccat

Maccat IncGamers Member

I think a lot of people will suggest Metorb / Blizzballer / CL+FO. Personally, I like the idea of a Blizzballer the best but I've never made one myself. Hopefully others will reply with more experience but I suggest Blizzballer.

3. ezemz

ezemz IncGamers Member

Thanks for the input dude. I am do some studying on it before I start. My names have to reflect what I am ya know?

4. ezemz

ezemz IncGamers Member

The outcome

Well I looked at it and the end game damage... the outcome is with TS/orb I would do about 750 damage with +15%skill damage and -90 % enemy cold resist with orb and 1785-2345 damage with -15% lightning resist. Not too shabby but How fast is TS at hitting immunes? I dunno I never used. Well if I were to use lightning and orb it would be like 22-14036 damage that will be aimed. :undecided: I dunno. beginning to sound better to me. Or even using charged bolt and lightning and less orb synergies... you come out with 550-576 orb with +15%skill dam and -90% enemy cold resist. Lightning is 518-550 charged bolt and 30-19215 lightning dam with -15% enemy light resist. accounting not using doom or cresent polearm on merc or facets. Someone help me decide please

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

I vouch for a 105% FCR Meteorb using Tal's Set, Spirit shield (35%FCR ideally), Magefists, SoJs and/or 1 FCR ring (if Spirit<35%).

Mine's at level 89, and has an 8k Fireball, 18k-19k Meteor and a 530-550 Orb.

The -15% Fire resist does wonders for Fireball, which is spammable at 8 frames/cast. You can guess how good a 19k Meteor is with -15% resist.

The -15% Lightning resist helps Static do it's thing faster on lightnint resistant monsters (such as act bosses).

The +15% Cold damage brings Orb up to where it is at 530-550, up from 460-480.

I still need a 35% FCR Spirit, another SoJ, an Annihilus and possibly some skill charms. My damage is a little low for that level, I know that you can do better than what mine is.

You should have no less that 105% FCR. It really is just that great.

EDIT: Don't worry about block for a PvM sorceress. Use Teleport for survival. Your merc is your shield. Keep him alive and healthy all the time. If you get hit, it's your own fault.

6. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

Crescent moon on merc does nothing to your lightning damage.

7. Esuna

Esuna IncGamers Member

Do you have to use the Tal set for key runs?

8. ezemz

ezemz IncGamers Member

A couple things

1: Cresent moon gives all the following:
    10% Chance To Cast Level 17 Chain Lightning On Striking
    7% Chance To Cast Level 13 Static Field On Striking
    +20% Increased Attack Speed
    +180-220% Enhanced Damage (varies)
    Ignore Target's Defense
    -35% To Enemy Lightning Resistance
    25% Chance of Open Wounds
    +9-11 Magic Absorb (varies)
    +2 To Mana After Each Kill
    Level 18 Summon Spirit Wolf (30 Charges)

2:I don't have to use Tal's for keys but would like to do them and be able to kill everything there for good drops and so on. I have a hammerdin if I really need keys but sometimes its hard to kill in tight spots.

I am really debating the orb lightning one. And thanks for the feedback guys.

9. AnimeCraze

AnimeCraze IncGamers Member

I know what crescent moon does. The -35 resist only works for your merc, not for you, unless you are carrying it yourself.

10. ezemz

ezemz IncGamers Member

Hmmmm?

Well I did not know that it would only work on the merc. Thanks for the input. It saves me from losing runes. Thanks