Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Brilliant! Brilliant!

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by Trance757, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Trance757

Trance757 IncGamers Member

Brilliant! Brilliant!

I just thought a stupidly brilliant and obvious idea. I'm sure you all know how I always preach about the virtues of a Might Aura Merc and a Reaper's Toll thresher for the ITD and 33% chance to cast decrepify, which in effect goes off about every 8 seconds...

Well, I was just reading some thread about a Dtailer and they complain that Dtail's falws are against fire immunes and physical immunes. Well, if you use an act 2 might merc with a reaper's toll thresher, there's no more physical immunes, meaning you can continue to kill everything, and only the fire immunes will slow you down a tad.

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Reaper's Toll won't solve as many PI issues as Atma's, but it solves nearly all of them anyway. The PI's i've met that are immune to RT are few and very far between. (Note: HF + RT could probably be even better.)

I've said it elsewhere, but i'll repeat it here:

Just about any wacky melee class can be made viable when everything is slowed to a standstill!

Fire Immunes, on the other hand.. :(

3. Lunatic

Lunatic IncGamers Member

There are still a few monsters out there that remain immune , even if you use amp. And reaper's toll = ladder only , which means for alot of ppl this has no use at all.

4. belth

belth IncGamers Member

Pus Spitter ;) Ok well it doesn't remove propably even half of the immunities...

5. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

well youd be surprised at how lightly immune things are. with base 1 in skill and only a few +skill items, necro can remove most immunities with LR.

6. tl998

tl998 Banned

I think I'll use a hellrack socketed with some SHAELS on switch for my sin :p With Burst of speed, I should fire at a decent rate, and my shadow+merc should keep the enemies busy while i snipe them. BTW does venom work with bows/crossbows?

HELLRACK=Bow version of BSTAR!

7. Trance757

Trance757 IncGamers Member

That's because you're just being wimpy and won't give up your fortune to gut it out on ladder! harrr!

8. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

Venom works in bows, yes. But why bother? You can wield a bstar and use Blade Fury :D Or a Pus Spitter.

9. tl998

tl998 Banned

Is put spitter better? I just found one recently.

I can't use Blade fury cuz I'm a pure TS sin. MAX Ts, MAX CM, MAX SM, and a point in all the prereqs of course. I have one point in venom and about 7 points still left over. I'm level 76, and I haven't even spent a point in any finishing move yet! I'm using C/S so I can't use dragon claw as a finisher and I use nat's boots so kicking wil do low damage. should I still go for a finisher or just pump venom?

10. Duncan Idaho

Duncan Idaho IncGamers Member

If you really want a magic-dealing weap, use Famine runeword (or Gimmershred if you have crazy base AR, or ITD somewhere else -but i don't think any non weap item has ITD) and Tiamat shield -or a 4 socketed jwl.

11. tl998

tl998 Banned

Famine? haha do I LOOK that rich? My highest rune is a fal. And what is a gimmershred?

12. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member