Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Breath of the Dying or Fury

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Freemason, May 22, 2005.

1. Freemason

Freemason Banned

Breath of the Dying or Fury

What is your sugestion for a Frenzybarb with defensive tendencies - two Breath of the Dying or two Fury? I have two Hand of Justice as my switch.

Right now I'm ready to go stomp Duriel in Hell.

2. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Botd of course. More than twice the damage, fury is pathetic in comparision.

3. Venomous_Marci

Venomous_Marci IncGamers Member

two BOTDs?
    great, it must be raining zods of the realms.

Dont mind me..I'm just venting about the hipocracy and the sorry state of this game.
    Go with 2 duped runes weapons..you'll own!

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If you have defensive tendencies go with BOTD...Fury doesn't really have any defensive mods while BOTD has some nice stats and twice the life leech. Also BOTD is just plain better than Fury, the +5 Frenzy doesn't really add that much.

5. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Then I take it as you have NEVER traded with ANYONE?
    Why not simply play singleplayer instead?

6. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

From his comments about it raining zods on the realms I am guessing he does play single player.

7. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

I trade, but prefer to stay out of trades regarding high runes and runewords. Too scared that the items would go poof. (not meant as I'm hating on people trading without concern)

I'd defintely go for double BOTD on a frenzier. Another interesting setup could be kingslayers or that Glacial Spike casting runeword (death) for crowd control and crushing blow.

8. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

Duped runewords and runes doesn't poof- if that was so what is the purpose to dupe them - they just duplicate the legit ones, and actually there is no difference between them afterall.
    Besides i hate all kind of hack users (by myself even the maphack is forbiden, despite that i play hardcore in battle net for so many years), but many people are thinking that the game and its rules HAVE to be overruled - using hacks they just are creating the discusting enviorment, which is their natural habitat!To gain significant advantages over the rest of the gamers is the main purpose of hack using. But the worst thing that spreading of the hacks causes is destruction of the real game and its total corruption! :mad:

9. Venomous_Marci

Venomous_Marci IncGamers Member

FYI..I play USWEST hardcore only.
    Highest rune I've found is a gul.
    I dont trade for runes..I find my own items. I play with a friend mostly in private games, I've played with him for years.
    Only runeword item you'll find on my characters is a Rhyme or maybe Lore.
    Anyone that assumes that a botd weapon or the runes that went into making a botd as legitimate is simply fooling him/herself.
    Most playing this game have no illusions about origins of the runes...they just dont care...or dont mind.

10. Dad Daniel

Dad Daniel IncGamers Member

You are so right...

11. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

well if you have found gul, why dont you save your runes and up them to like vex or something and make a hoto ???? just wondering if you so worried about dupes why play d2. cause your'll never trade a item with out some one having duped it on the way to your hands unless you found it or up'd yourself,

12. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Maybe because someone (me for instance) like to play the game instead of having everything handed to them on a silverplatter? About the dupes, this is why I don't really want to trade the high end items with anyone but select few (trusted friends).

Finding good gear (it's not like you need seven botds, twelve enigmas and a zillion 3/20/20s etc to do good) is possible without bots, dupes and hacks (or trading with users of said programs). It just takes time, devotion and most of all patience.

You could argue that dueling requires "godly" gear, true, pubby duels do. I find the most interesting duels are with friends where you don't use the super topend gear but what you found - having chars totally decked out in rares is so mad stylish that it'd make every dupe wearer drown in droll. ;)

13. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

As mentioned you need not trade to play this game as I have since early in 1.09.

14. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Some of us prefer to interact with other people in the game.
    Playing sp or with friends only is simply utterly boring. I tired after 2 weeks...
    And you're right about the last part; I could care more about "origin" of pixels in a virtual game.
    But at least you're not a hypocrite like 99.9999% of the others who cry about duped pixels.

15. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Interaction on most B.Net public games is,
    "TELE SORCE"
    "GIB ME ITAMZ"
    "PP PLZZ" - spammed, of course
    "NEE DRUSHZ"
    ;)

16. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

alot of complaining...

the BotDs
    don't let Fury win you over with it's +frenzy, fury is junk nowadays, crummy damage and repair costs are annoying, another nice thing about BotDs with their non breaking and you need no other source for mana steal, they give stat bonuses, they do everything, etc.

for a defensive build you've probably not pumped synergies so you'll need damage from someplace and BotD has plenty damage, you can get by with cheaper weaps but these are excellent ones

17. rikstaker

rikstaker IncGamers Member

TP
    TP
    TP
    TP
    TP
    TP

:bonk:

Rik

18. morotsjos

morotsjos Banned

Yes of course, but there are decent people out there too.
    I found realm-playing 4378474357378348547 times funnier than sp when I started, and I cant say I would dream of going back to sp now either...
    Pvm sucks anyway =)

19. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

guess this thread went a bit OT, with everything about duped runes, public games-glossary and how-to-get-rich... Its all about luck, remember it!
    I've found several high runes over the years, none from countess, all from regular monsters. Its all luck. Face it, some are lucky!

Anyway, BOTD's is the way to go. The damage and ll of it is far superior the fury's, since fury doesnt make weapons indestructible, and only has +209%ed, while BOTD can reach 400, and in an eth weapon.
    The +30 to all attribs is just wonderful, +60dex almost pays up for the ITD on fury ;)

20. Generator Of Chaos

Generator Of Chaos IncGamers Member

Is it me, or have no idea what you're talking about? EVERYTIME you talk...

I don't think Runewords poof, but dupped runes do, every so often Blizzard runs his anti-dupe program wich "cleans" the realm of all dupped runes...

The point of doing it? They don't disapear right away, and if you use them they don't poof AFAIK...

And, botd's the way to go...

'Nuf said...