Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Breath of Dying?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Pajo, Feb 6, 2004.

1. Pajo

Pajo IncGamers Member

Breath of Dying?

Hi, i traded myself a six socketed Phase Blade! Now my question is if i can make a Breath of Dying of it? I checked diabloii.net runewords info, and I didn't find anything there. On the picture of Breath of dying it says Colossus Blade, so I got insecure if i really can make a Breath of dying with a six socketed Phase Blade.

2. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

It works in all six socketed weapons, so yes.

But you are wasting it in something that isn't ethereal.

3. Pajo

Pajo IncGamers Member

why's that? because of the zod rune? indestructible??

4. chubbypuppy

chubbypuppy IncGamers Member

cuz

well not a waste per se but eth weapons usually have higher damages so ppl like to use those for BOTD, since BOTD is indestructible anyways.

BTW make sure whatever weapon u are using is a nonmagical one (ie, white instead of blue). You can't make runewords out of blue stuff.

5. Pajo

Pajo IncGamers Member

hrm, k, i'll try getting an eth sword, and the one i have now is Phase Blade written in gray text so i dont think its magical...i might be wrong

6. zerokid

zerokid IncGamers Member

Grey text means that it's either Ethereal, socketable or both. Magic items are blue. You're right. ;P

I think that it would be waste to socket it in a Phase Blade, especially because it's not ethereal (since Ethereal items usually have higher damage, and that Zod, logically, renders them immune to durability loss, therefore your item lives forever.) I think you should find a nice Ethereal CB with the most damage so that your runes aren't wasted.

There's a cube recipe (Socketed Item + Hel + Scroll of Town Portal, perhaps) to removed all runes, gems and jewels socketed in a socketed item, but you lose everything except for the item with its sockets (without what's in them.)

Remember, the order matters when you place the runes. If you mess up on the first rune, don't be scared to use a Hel to remove it if the rune isn't too big. =P

7. Pajo

Pajo IncGamers Member

Thx for information! Soon I'll be getting my self a nice ethreal cb BOTD,,,, :)

8. cypraven

cypraven IncGamers Member

I'm sorry but I just have to ask... It seems you are pretty new to the game if you're not even sure if a weapon is normal or magical. My question is, how in the world were you able to get the runes for a BOTD, the rarest runes in the game. If I read your post incorrectly and you really meant that you will now begin your search for the runes to make the BOTD, you have quite a long journey ahead of you (and that's an understatement).

9. MadTexan

MadTexan IncGamers Member

Probably has friends who gave him the runes, like my friends did when I first started playing.

10. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

El and Eld the rarest runes in the game?! :p

That Zod is irritatingly hard to find though...

11. TheAntiHero

TheAntiHero Banned

\

never gonna find vex and zod

12. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

I'm surprised no one asked you what kind of character are you and what skills are you using? There are certain attack speed breakpoints that most people want to hit when doing a certain attack. Furthermore, it matters on the character & the skill since some skills calculate by total Increased Attack Speed (IAS) and some go by Weapon IAS only.

So... what's your char and what skills are you using, and ultimately what equipment will you have on them?