Breaking down the beta screenshot

HardRock

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: Breaking down the beta screenshot

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/4151/title/the-skeleton-king/cat/581

Shot of the same place coming from Blizzcon 2008 demo (introducing wizzard class).
There are more urns in the area in the beta shot and the throne is also opened. Other than these minor differences the throne room looks the same to me. Obviously we can't tell if the colors have changed, thanks to the excellent quality of the beta shot.

Neinball

<a href="payments.php">IncGamers Site Pal</a> and<

Wow... this room design has existed for four years and we still don't have the game :thumbup:
When I played the demo in 2008 it felt like the same was being just polish and was ready to ship. Same for 2009 and 2010, they've had a fantastic game for quite some time now but they're still madly working on it. I really doubt they are going to let us down on this one.

digitalforce

Diabloii.Net Member

When I played the demo in 2008 it felt like the same was being just polish and was ready to ship. Same for 2009 and 2010, they've had a fantastic game for quite some time now but they're still madly working on it. I really doubt they are going to let us down on this one.
That is what I thought when I saw the 2008 video. I mean, a lot of polish is great but man, seems like overkill. Are they maybe OVERtweaking it? The one thing I hate that they have changed is the dialogue scenes. The one with the Barbarian and Cain is AWESOME... the new method just seems that dialogue/lore takes a back seat :(

Either way, I want some hands on time and ASAP. Going nuts over here.

Revenant

Diabloii.Net Member

That is what I thought when I saw the 2008 video. I mean, a lot of polish is great but man, seems like overkill. Are they maybe OVERtweaking it? The one thing I hate that they have changed is the dialogue scenes. The one with the Barbarian and Cain is AWESOME... the new method just seems that dialogue/lore takes a back seat :(

Either way, I want some hands on time and ASAP. Going nuts over here.
Blizzard has said themselves that story/dialogue always have taken a backseat in Diablo games. It's there, but their real focus is on the action.

digitalforce

Diabloii.Net Member

Blizzard has said themselves that story/dialogue always have taken a backseat in Diablo games. It's there, but their real focus is on the action.
Right but after seeing the announcement video, I was super excited they were putting so much focus on the in game dialogue and models = awesome.

oh well...

chrisor

Diabloii.Net Member

Well there are some things that are not entirely clear..

First of all, why did he make a ****ty (mobile) picture of the screen?
Maybe he had to do it with noone seeing him - but they know who did it cause he posted it on his twitter.. So why not use a proper camera?
And I don't see the reason for posting this picture on his twitter? Blizzard knows who released and will ban him from future events or even sue him for breaking the NDA.
But he's a known dutch reporter so posting a fake would be dumb too..

Well, I have no idea which option is true, but all are kinda ****ty.

Nizaris

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore

Story/Dialogue are awesome. It will be awesome. And you'll think it's awesome too.

Just saying.

@chrisor - If an attendee in question was there, what do you think is more noticeable. Their tripod Nikon? Or a quick pic from a cell phone when reps aren't around. Logic.

Either way, if/when Blizzard notices this tweet, it will be taken down. They've done so already with some of the other sites and all they posted was "I've arrived at Blizzard."

digitalforce

Diabloii.Net Member

Story/Dialogue are awesome. It will be awesome. And you'll think it's awesome too.

Just saying.
How would you know? :wink:

That gives me hope. I LOVED the lore in Diablo I... Diablo II was just "pretty good" -- I hope Cain plays a big role.

chrisor

Diabloii.Net Member

Well Nizaris.. I think he was allowed to take pictures but isn't allowed to post them before the NDA expires. So, he decided to break the NDA and gives us a random bad quality picture he had taken? Why not give us a high quality one?
Breaking NDA with a bad quality picture isn't as bad as breaking it with a high quality one? I don't get the reason behind his twitter.

Nizaris

Well, you already know that Leah plays a big role as the adopted neice of Deckard. I'm sure DC will too. You know how much he likes to talk.

@Chrisor - no, he wasn't. Nobody was. The game room was strictly "no cameras."

sinter

Diabloii.Net Member

@ chrisor

Maybe he asked for permission one of blizzard employees and they said it was ok to take a picture but only with his mobile phone so the quality is bad and of a place that we've already seen so all the info we'd get from it is that D3 has in game chat? :)

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Well Nizaris.. I think he was allowed to take pictures but isn't allowed to post them before the NDA expires. So, he decided to break the NDA and gives us a random bad quality picture he had taken? Why not give us a high quality one?
Breaking NDA with a bad quality picture isn't as bad as breaking it with a high quality one? I don't get the reason behind his twitter.
He wants attention for his website.
Blizzard has never allowed pictures of monitors with games on them. They make the game look bad and nobody truly benefits much at all from them besides those that get hits on their website for them.

chrisor

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, since you attended the event.. he took it with his mobile camera.
But why post it on his Twitter? Just post it under a random twitter / in a forum and you're fine (depends on how hard Blizzard is trying to find out who broke the NDA).
Isn't that.. kinda dumb?

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

Ok, since you attended the event.. he took it with his mobile camera.
But why post it on his Twitter? Just post it under a random twitter / in a forum and you're fine (depends on how hard Blizzard is trying to find out who broke the NDA).
Isn't that.. kinda dumb?
Not really. He used the shot to advertise his website and what will be featured on it on tuesday.

chrisor

Diabloii.Net Member

Not really. He used the shot to advertise his website and what will be featured on it on tuesday.
and is probably getting excluded from every future Blizzard event + is maybe getting sued?

Worth it?

Risingred

Diabloii.Net Member

and is probably getting excluded from every future Blizzard event + is maybe getting sued?

Worth it?
You're running under the assumption that they won't be lightly chastised if anything.

Nizaris

Blizzard can use process of elimination if they care. If it's a foreign site especially. It's not like they invite 100, or even 50 people.

They'll get a slap on the hands or a warning or whatever else they do. It also depends on how important their outlet of news is.