Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Breakdown of bnet

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by smokey[dead], Mar 22, 2004.

1. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

Breakdown of bnet

Everyone on bnet seems so hostile now. Earlier this week i saw two people get into a fight on how many 290's an engima was worth. One said 7 and one said 8 and they fought over it for about 10 minutes eventually getting into how "homosexual" the other was. Then about 20 minutes later as i was leveling my paladin someone was public muling their engima, as soon as they were done they said "gg noob, I just muled my engima". I decided to ignore him because getting on online disputes is pretty much pointless, but then he goes "thanks ***" and just leaves. Then when i was trying to trade my shaft and jalas for shako to a particular person, he gets mad and just goes off on me saying i was trying to rip him off and he must of said noob over 50 times (literally). No one wants to help anyone for nothing, it's gotten so bad that bnet took away the cooperative players channel. What do you guys think of it? Bnet players seem to be hating "the noob" more and more and less willinging to help other players. Now... granted there's still some decent players out there, but bnet as a whole has gone downhill.

2. JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS

JEDi-MiNDTRiCKS Banned

No, it hasn't broken down. Bnet has always been and always will be full of these kinds of people, and you learn to get used to it. Ever since the day I started and the day I quit it's been like this...Part of the reason is probably since it isn't pay to play, it's full of the little 12-13 year olds.

3. Fearox

Fearox IncGamers Member

I think greed can turn even the nicest person into a monster. But I believe (yes, you may call me naive) that most people are nice, even on bnet.
    I guess everyone is very defensive and prepared to be treated badly, and this can result in some misunderstandings.
    Maybe you could create an own channel and invite some nice people? Or try the Player matchup forum. In there you can find a lot of nice persons.

4. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

Not when I first started playing in 2001 when d2 was first released, it was never like THIS. Maybe a bad day or something.

5. Gorny

Gorny Banned

Nevertheless, the percentage of snot-nosed & immature kiddies on Bnet in general has skyrocketed.

6. PhsycoTimmay

PhsycoTimmay IncGamers Member

I would hate for it to be a Pay-to-Play game, I mean, granted that if it was, it would greatly decrease the amount of kiddies running around B-net, but I am only 15 myself, I dont have the money to pay, and my parents wouldnt even give it a second thought, and I do not act like those immature people on bnet, I am always nice, and love it, but hey ya know, you cant always win. :uhhuh:

7. Asylla

Asylla IncGamers Member

It is to the point with me, that if I play in a public gaem, I find myself hitting "n" a lot. It keeps the crap off my screen. Also, I only play public games to give stuff away or to do Baal runs. Otherwise, It's private with a friend or two.

8. Aerin

Aerin IncGamers Member

There's a reason I avoid public games. And it's not because I'm a loner (quite the opposite really).

It's just as bad in Warcraft III (if not worse), and I do fear for World of Warcraft. It's not like forcing people to pay to play is going to get rid of the idiots. Look at Everquest. Okay, so I've never played Everquest, but a friend of a friend told me...

Of course this would all become a thing of the past if Blizzard gave me control of Baal / Arthas and assigned me the task of purging the realms. You know it's bound to happen sooner or later.

9. toader

toader Banned

Actually it will help quite a bit. I played EQ for awhile, and I must say, it was some of the nicest people I have ever met in my life. Everyone was very very helpful, even the more immature people were not too bad compared to what goes on in bnet.

Im sorry for people like Timmay, but I wish that bnet would have been a pay site from day 1. Im still undecided whether or not to try WoW. I know my little bit of money they lose is insignificant, but I want those bastards at blizzard to know that they lost customers and support for the way alot of the things are handled on their other games.

10. insenothepunk

insenothepunk Banned

I'm one of the lucky people that hasn't run in to too many of these kinds of people. I try and avoid them at all cost. So far my luck has been pretty good. Or at least I should say my gf's luck. She seems to attract all the nice people on bnet. Personally I think we should all just igonre the idiots and they will probably forget why they are idiots in the first place and then be nice again.

11. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos IncGamers Member

It was quite bad long before this, even back in the Diablo 1 days.

And all that crap has propably made people become even worse.

12. wOwmen

wOwmen IncGamers Member

Hmmm, b.net has al sorts off people.
    I've met a lot of different people on b.net, some are still my best friends and others....just made me laugh.

For example, last week I was in a cow game, me (hammerdin) a sorc and a lowlvl exp-"hunter" were killing some cows. The sorc does a lot of killing, and suddenly he says "I'll leave if you don't help me ***-gets"
    Those people really make me sick, did he really think we needed his help to stay alive? I told him "if you put it that way..." and i left.

Now thats an example off the dark-side off the b.net peopels. To everything there's a "light" side, so even to b.net

In my begin years of playing diablo (I'm playing it for 2 years now) when I went online for the first time, I met a guy (netherlands) and he started giving me stuff, now they items were low-lvl uniques but in my eyes (i was only playing for a couple of weeks then) they were UBER stuff :drool: . We stayed friends, he told me about the economy, how to mf, how to use skills, he told me al about Diablo. So we helped each other out. I helped him mule, he rushed me, etc..

Iv'e met some other nice guys to, after dooing 15 baal runs, and chatting to a guy in those baalruns, he asks me if I would help to mule (we were chatting alot during the runs , and he trusted me)
    So he made a game, I entered, and he throws a lot of very good stuff on the floor (now, I sjust started playing on east, already had 4 acc on europe), I forced myself not to pick anything up :) I gain his trust, and later he shows me an "Annihlus charm". Trust is my middle name, so I look at it and give it back. He was very happy, and we're friends on east ever since.

I've met more nice people then arrogant people (i just ignore those), so b.net is for me a good place filled with friends I can really trust!!

PS: Plz forgive me for my spelling and grammar mistakes, I understand english very good, I can read it as my own mother language, I can speak it to, but writting..., I have to search for other words, because I don't know how to spell some of them. :scared:

13. OutlawHeroes

OutlawHeroes IncGamers Member

I would just like to point out that, yeah, there are a lot of a**holes on bnet. But then again, there are a lot of nice people. for example, i usually try to be nice to everyone i can if they look like they need the help. I play HC on useast and i had quit for a very long time due to amount of hacks, dupes, bots, etc. But when i heard about 1.10 i figured id give it a try. When i first started, there were already 80s on hardcore ladder. Well, when i started i asked around what type of character i should make and several people offered suggestions, some on the offensive side such as f*** you you noob...i tihnk how they act online is how they are in real life so i just ignore these people. However, this one person told me i should make an MFing hammerdin and told me they can really kill fast and i said thanks for the advice...he replied by saying no problem, do u want some items? i figured they would be some low lvl items to ohelp me get started but she gave me some really good stuff, especially for hardcore. since then we have become really good friends and even though neither of us play as much any more we still talk a lot thru AIM. So, just to sum up, while more ppl think bnet is just filled with bratty, bitchy people, keep in mind that there are still many of us who try to help when we can. and to those who do meet d***s online just shrug it off :thanks:

14. smokey[dead]

smokey[dead] Banned

Whoa, i never meant for my thread to lead into this. I never suggested that bnet should make people pay to play per month, as a matter of fact I'm proud that bnet is one of the few servers that still let people play for free. Granted we'll probaly never take care of the problem with the immaturity, but video games were designed for kid's in the first place if you make them pay just to play online, your taking all the fun out of a game that you created for the mainstream. And it's not only that kids that's spam and act immature too, there's 16 + people that are still very immature. All i wanted to say was what i thought of the realms right now. I admire Bnet for sticking with it's roots and not having people pay a price just to play per month. I remembered when Warcraft II and starcraft was first released, I used to be so thrilled when i came home from school each day and play endlessly. I never spammed or acted immature, i just played because it gave me something to do from 3 to 5 pm on weekdays.

15. Unholy_Carnage

Unholy_Carnage IncGamers Member

Ive always found a good idiot-deterrant to be my girlfriend. If i play pub games with her everyones too busy trying to cyber "win-her-over" that they cant be asses. It also makes every game entertaining, as everyone offers items or they duel each other trying to prove their better.

Ive been playing since the original came out, so ive seen the percent of decent people slide to the 5% (maybe) it is today.

But oh well, it will only get to you if you let it. Using the MP for trading is a good idea, and questing can be done with a group of friends, or yourself.

Ive learned not to pay attention when someones being an ***, and if someone i want to trade with is being one, i just leave immediatly and move on. Unless i really am trying to rip people off then ill be able to find other people to trade with.