break points with frenzy? german calculator?

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
break points with frenzy? german calculator?

i use the calculator at the german site for my breakpoint needs, but it seems to not work when it comes to the 2nd weapon with frenzy. no matter how much you adjust the ias on the second weapon, apparently only the base gets taken into account when compared to off-weapon ias and 1st weapon ias.

is this how frenzy really works? does it only draw from the base of the 2nd weapon, or does it draw from the ias also when determining attack speed? is their a calculator which accurately represents frenzy breakpoints?

calculator here:

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/weaponspeed.php?lang=english

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
ahcw said:
I'm pretty sure frenzy only counts the ias of the first wpn.

it seems to bring in the 2nd weapon though too, but only the base? or is it niehter base nor ias? base and ias? what about off weapon?

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
this is kind of an extension of my other thread about a frenzy oath barb.

it would help me to choose a 2nd weapon for the oath setup if i knew exactly what kind of breakpoints i was working with. for instance, i am leaning towards a "lawbringer" which is another new runeword.

Lawbringer
3 Socket Swords/Hammers/Scepters
Amn + Lem + Ko

20% Chance To Cast Level 15 Decripify On Striking
Level 18 Sanctuary Aura When Equipped
-50% Target Defense
Adds 150-210 Fire Damage
Adds 130-180 Cold Damage
7% Life Stolen Per Hit
Slain Monsters Rest In Peace
+200-250 Defense Vs. Missile (varies)
+10 To Dexterity
75% Extra Gold From Monsters
the bold mods are the mods that i want. i found from using an upgraded head striker with an azurewrath on an old single player barb that sanctuary is very strong and whips anything undead.

moreover, the ability to have decrepify one handed is awesome, especially at 20% and level 15, which is high duration. this would allow me to use something other than reaper's toll on a merc, not that i have anything against the weapon. i could put hone sundan or a kelpie snare on him instead since i would be providing the decrep. an obedience polearm would be cool (another new runeword, yay).

lawbringer also has some life leech and some non-physical damage, which is nice.

lawbringer is pretty cheap for what you get, but i think most builds would hate it because it has no speed mod. but if frenzy works in such a way that only the base matters, then i could just make this in a legend sword or phase blade for some really fast swing speed, hitting 5 frames with a balrog blade oath easily.

a crescent moon would be another choice, about the same rarity and the same options in the sword family.

various unique elites would also work...a double amn djinn slayer would be good at base [-20], or lightsabre, azurewrath. frostwind or bloodmoon would be a bit too slow at base [-10]...i would need a lot of ias to get to 5 frames, which is my goal right now (although i were going for 5.5 frames i could use a higher damage weapon).

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
also does anyone know how the range of the second weapon is calculated when using frenzy? i often attack an enemy from a great distance using a right handed range 3 sword, but i swing as if my left handed range 1 sword is hitting the enemy. does the raneg of the first weapon get transferred to the second weapon, or am i actually missing unless i am in range? should i try to get two weapons with the same range to avoid this problem, or just make sure i get into range?

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Frenzy uses the IAS from the primary weapon (right hand in the German calc). The second weapon is only important for its base speed.

I'm not sure on the range thing yet...

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
ilkori said:
Frenzy uses the IAS from the primary weapon (right hand in the German calc). The second weapon is only important for its base speed.

I'm not sure on the range thing yet...

do you think it is worth using a faster base in order to reach a 5 frame frenzy, or a medium base with 5.5 frames? 5 frames would be about 20 attacks in 4 seconds, 5.5 frames would be 18 attacks in 4 seconds.

tollwut

Diabloii.Net Member
hi

where can I find information about the new runewords that you mention (and maybe others do exist ?), they don't appear in the "item database" section.
is there an updated list somewhere ?
thank you

ilkori

Diabloii.Net Member
Acceleration Turkey, it all depends on the difference between the damage output divided by the fpa. For example, if you do 1000 damage (500+500) over 10 frames (5+5), then you would be doing an average of 100 damage a frame, or 2500 damage a second. If you have the 5.5 frame attack (11 frames for both weapons) with 500 damage on the first weapon and 600 damage on the second weapon (1100 damage total), then that would give the same result (1100/11 = 100 damage per frame).

Tollwut, that info is available on the Arreat Summit. The data is a bit buggy for words that go into multiple item types, but is good otherwise. The new ones are at the bottom.

acceleration turkey

Diabloii.Net Member
ilkori said:
Acceleration Turkey, it all depends on the difference between the damage output divided by the fpa. For example, if you do 1000 damage (500+500) over 10 frames (5+5), then you would be doing an average of 100 damage a frame, or 2500 damage a second. If you have the 5.5 frame attack (11 frames for both weapons) with 500 damage on the first weapon and 600 damage on the second weapon (1100 damage total), then that would give the same result (1100/11 = 100 damage per frame).

Tollwut, that info is available on the Arreat Summit. The data is a bit buggy for words that go into multiple item types, but is good otherwise. The new ones are at the bottom.

i meant more with the addition of 'per hit' bonuses like crushing blow if it is worth the damage cut to get 5 frames. i suppose it all depends.