Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

breacking lightning imunity

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by hhhrobi, Oct 30, 2006.

1. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

breacking lightning imunity

Will merc using infinity and me having -15% lightning resist equipment breack all lightning imunes in hell?

2. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

You have to carry the infinity or it doesn't benefit you (I think). For monster lightening resistance figures have a read of this.

3. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

Conviction aura and lower resist curse are the only things that can break immunities. (that is, lower the resists when they are over 100%)
    -res from conviction and lower resist work at 1/5th efficienty when applied to a resistance over 100%.

4. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

And all -% resistance sources (mastery/items/facets) apart from Lower Resist / Conviction, will only (further) lower the resistance if the immunity is already broken.

5. The Void

The Void Banned

Does it really haves to be u to wear the infinity for it to work? or can it go on merc?

6. Dawnmaster

The aura is displayed, whoever wields it, and affects all the enemy monsters.

But the -% lightning res will only work for the lightning damage that the wielder does.

So, yes, conviction works on monsters to your benefit if your merc wields infinity.

But the -% lightning res is only helpfull for you when you wield infinity yourself.

7. The Void

The Void Banned

thx for the quick answer

8. rata

rata IncGamers Member

to answer the original question. no..an infinity weilding merc or by yourself plus an additional -15 percent lite resist will NOT break ALL lite immunes in hell

9. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

so my LF zon is gonna have a hard time how offten?

10. aperlov

aperlov IncGamers Member

Very seldom, in my experience. The only ones that stay light imun are uniq monsters (not all but some). Monsters like souls (Throne of destruction), stormcasters (Chaos Sanctuary) loose their light imunity.

11. Frosty_The_Snowman

Frosty_The_Snowman IncGamers Member

You may find very nasty monsters (Lightning Immunes) with such a high Lightning resistance, that even a conviction aura won't break their resistance.

One thing that comes to my mind, and I've never tried : using Infinity + a Lower Resist wand. So they get touched by the conviction aura, AND they get cursed with the Lower Resist wand.

---> I wonder if the effects will stack :scratch: ?

If yes, then the very rare monsters that will resist your Infinity only, will be history :grin: !

12. hhhrobi

hhhrobi IncGamers Member

that's what i wanted to hear :azn:

btw frosty..where were you last night? (wanted to get my hand on that infinity :smiley:)

13. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

The only monsters that can't be broken by Infinity are those that are above 116% resist.

Such modifiers on unique monsters will likely make them unbreakable:

Cold/Fire/Lightning Enhanced: +75% resist to respective element.
    Magic Resistant: +40% resist to Fire/Cold/Lightning. For some reason this modifier does not increase resistance to actual Magic damage (e.g. Bone spells, Holy Bolt).
    Spectral Hit: +20% resist to Fire/Cold/Lightning.

This info were taken from Arreat Summit.

Funnily enough, monsters with the Mana Burn modifier have an increased resistance (75%) to Magic-type damage.

They'll stack, but will still work at 1/5 effectiveness. -65% from a high level Lower Resist and -150% from Conviction is -215%, or -43% against immunes. A monster with less than 142% resist will be broken.

14. Dawnmaster

Yeah, but infinity only has a conviction of 85%, so 17% actual breaking, and iirc the highest level of lower resist charges you can find is 5, that's 47%, so 9% actual breaking.

Which brings the total to -26% actual breaking, or a maximum of 125% monster resistance that can be broken. (which if I'm not mistaking is every regular monster with lightning immunity, except for certain uniques/bosses/etc with additional mods)