Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

brand or wrath for windy merc?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Arutha, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

brand or wrath for windy merc?

I would appreciate any input on which bow would be better for a act 1 merc for a wind druid. amp dmg and dec do increase nado dmg right?

2. Forcefeedback

Forcefeedback IncGamers Member

Yes decrepify is -50% and amp -100% so I'd go for brand to get the best damage out of tornado.

3. AllenZ

AllenZ IncGamers Member

That statement would be true if it weren't for the fact that brand only trigger amp when struck, not on striking making it's ctc amp highly unpredictable. Then again the mods on wrath are pretty lame. So out of those two choices brand is the better choice, even though eth reapers is better than both of them. Stupid blizz and their overpowering of the act 2 mercs :rolleyes:

4. Arutha

Arutha IncGamers Member

maybe i will just use eth reapers although im kinda sick of act 2 mercs since thats all i ever use and kind of liked the idea of useing a rouge.

5. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Or you could just have a The Gavel of Pain martel de fer on switch and amp any PIs in hell. In this case holy freeze merc shouldn't have a weapon that overides amp and eth obedience (huge dmg/cb) or crescent moon (static) elite polearms would be avenues :D

6. lCE

lCE IncGamers Member

If u really wanna be different u could use a barb merc with a Lawbringer sword, this has same chance to cast decrepify on attack as Reapers, also your barb will look all flashy with the sanctuary aura :).

7. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

i would STRONGLY caution against using a act 1 merc in a build thats going to hell act 5.

it's been six months since i played, but the last time i tried using a act 1 merc.. grrrrrrrrr

in hell durance, she would literally walk away from monsters until she was out of range of them. i had to constantly tp her into range to get her to shoot at anything. all in all, the most retarded merc behavior i have ever seen ever.

i complained to blizz about it, well okay, i was barely able to restrain from using cuss words. but to my knowledge, the ai for rogues was never repaired, and i haven't tried taking a rogue merc to hell since. anyway, they nerfed the lightning hose, so it's no fun any more. :p

8. Beowulf

Beowulf IncGamers Member

You could also try and find a nice rare like my act 2 merc that has nice damage and other mods but most importantly is has a % to cast amp on hit.

9. Crogon

Crogon IncGamers Member

A tank barb merc would suit a windy druid quite nicely. ANother option is an act 3 cold merc, but i'm not sure how viable they are on hell any more. i would look into it before investing a lot of time on an act 3 merc. i am sure a tank act 5 merc is still viable. it's just that he isn't as useful as the other options. act 5 merc is your basic 'meat shield', lol.