Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bramble or Fort?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by Madagou, Nov 12, 2006.

1. Madagou

Madagou IncGamers Member

Bramble or Fort?

I am building a werewolf summoner, and i was thinking that the thorns aura from the bramble would help my wolfs + bear kill enemies, or does bramble have some kind of diminshing returns?

Or is fort good? cos my merc currently has lvl 20 pride eth cv, um'd andys.

I want the fastest way to kill enemies overall. Does bramble help alot or not for pvm?

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Fort will help only your merc's damage but the damage on Pride is pathetic anyway and thus will not do much. Bramble is ok i suppose but not really needed.

3. Madagou

Madagou IncGamers Member

thx.

Hmm actually wondering will, thorns on bramble in conjunction with my summons be better than a single merc with fort?

4. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Throns blows in any form you use it. The simple fact is this. Get bolth armors keep them in stash and use the one that is better for the right situation. So use bramble when you want to do a ton of rabies damage. Also use fort for when you want to do a ton of phy damage. Over all you want bolth not one or the other. Thats a popler misconseption people have. Werewolves are not like bvc barbs. Where you just get a enigma and use it. Werewolves need different armors at different times. Yes its expive and yes you should still do it. If your just pvm get treachery. You shouldnt want a coh because the treacherys ctc effects carry over to other armors. Cheaper price wise over time. That is if you want to go dueling. So yes you can have fade wile using a fort or bramble. Aint dat dom shiznits.

5. Lord Nyax

Lord Nyax Banned

There is only one even semi-useful way to use thorns, and that requires a pretty strange build (though personally it's my favorite in the game). Make a Passive-zon with Max Decoy and use both Bramble and Edge. If you can get Lacerators on switch, proc Amp, then virtually any monster that hits the Decoy will do enough damage to itself to actually...hurt.

There's a thread somewhere in the Amazon forum about the advantages of Decoy as a Thorns tank, so I won't spam up the Druid forum with it. However, with all this in mind, there is very little that Thorns will do for your Summoner. If you can, go with Fort.

6. xpumafangx

xpumafangx IncGamers Member

Nyax, throns has nothing to do with the usefulness of bramble. Bramble has a plus to poisondamage % amount. And thats the only good thing about that armor. Thorns are still useless.

You know rabies = poison damage. So items that help the amount of poison damage you might want to wear.