Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Brainstorm on how to give away random free items

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by kuafu, Oct 10, 2006.

1. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Brainstorm on how to give away random free items

No, there's no free item in this thread. If that's what you're looking for, you can leave now:smiley:.

As some people know, I do a lot of hell baal runs with around 500MF, so naturally I get a lot of set/unique items. I'm always trying to find an efficient way to give away items that I don't want to keep (i.e. 90%+ of the items).
    I've considered the sticky give-away thread. The problem is that for a single give-away, I need to first mule it off by creating a game and wait for 5 minutes (I have only 1 CDKey), then post in the thread, which may not get any reply after 3 days. And I need to repeat this process for every single run...
    Giving away items to my friends will be ideal, but most of them are not online frequently, and most of them are rich enough to need most of the give-away items.
    Create a "free xxx" game and wait. That sure works, as we all know:smiley:, but I'd rather give the items to forumers than some random rude bnet guy if possible.
    So far the best I can think of is to create a in-game channel, where I'll exit to after each run. People needing items can wait in the channel so I can quickly give away items I find. Depending on how exclusive I want it to be for forumers, I can change channel names infrequently. I've tried this idea, nobody came:cry:, either because nobody saw the channel name, or nobody wants free items...
    So I'm wondering if you guys have any better ideas.

2. mumba

mumba Banned

By far the most fun way to give out items is making a "free itamz" game, then waiting till 7 ppl join. Then say ok Im dropping items now, and before doing that run around act1 town and drop the items in random spots. It so amusing seeing 7 pple follow u like dogs all around where u go, and then when u drop somethin they all jump to that spot.

3. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

I'd rather not treat 7 fellow forumers as dogs:smiley:. My purpose for this is purely giving away items as fast as I can, so no need for any fun involved:smiley:. I just want to find a way to give away the items without sacrificing too much of my MF time during the process.

4. bruticus

bruticus IncGamers Member

the best way is to whisper me. totally kidding :wink3: unless there are hammerdin, xbowzon or sorc items. then definately whisper me. :grin:

5. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

You'll have a very difficult time finding anyone on the forums on your realm who needs, say, a Duriel's Shell or a Nord's Tenderizer, even for free.

6. TurbulentTurtle

TurbulentTurtle IncGamers Member

You could do a little contest thingy where you just give away big packages of items. Maybe have like, 5 big grand prizes and give all your items away like that. The contest can be entirely up to you. Like a question/answer thing, best joke, write an essay and other crap like that. The sky's the limit here.

7. Cooked

Cooked IncGamers Member

Keep as much space as possible in your stash and fill as you go. Mule full stash to a mule acct. When the account is full give the stuff out by posting a time for the free items to be given away to the first seven people to post in your thread. PM them with the pass to the game and unload all.

8. rykuss

rykuss Banned

I've been having the same problem myself, what I'm doing now is messaging people here that I know and giving them choice pick. After that I may dump it all in a random pub game or make a thread here somewhere with a game//pass and be done with it. Merick's right though, if it isn't roonz or GG Godly RW's it's hard to even give it away.

9. bertskarzi

bertskarzi IncGamers Member

we can create an OP channel and then broadcast about it over the forum and everyone can use it, give things away or get frees

10. ModeratelyConfused

ModeratelyConfused Banned

I'm running a small forum for a Usenet Diablo2 news group, and we have a public set of mules, and a free item forum. The only problem with that here is this place is so freaking huge.

11. pancakeman

pancakeman IncGamers Member

I could use a Nords :D

If it is really good stuff, I would just mule it off to a mule account, then periodically empty that account to whoever you want. That way, instead of small transactions you make one huge one.

12. kalvydas

kalvydas IncGamers Member

the easiest way to get rid of most uniques is to "Charsi" them.

13. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Make a lottery here, or a trivia game?

Works well, and it's fun too :rolleyes:

14. Suiling

Suiling Banned

Make a tournament in SPF and offer them as prizes. :wink3:

15. k/t

k/t Banned

I should hope not. These people don't deserve such nice treatment.

Have you considered dropping by our channel and asking someone there to help you mule the stuff you don't want? It's "op diabloii.net". Uh...assuming you're on East, that is.

16. kuafu

kuafu IncGamers Member

Yeah, using a dedicated channel sounds like the best solution for me so far. Unfortunately I'm on west ladder and I don't know any existing dii.net channel here. Maybe we can start one if we can get enough people.