Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bra question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by kobold, Sep 8, 2006.

1. kobold

kobold Banned

Bra question

My wife went to a "bra clinic" last night, to get sized properly, and of course to be pushed to buy a super-duper comfort/support bra. Here's the thing, it caused her pain! She was told that this is normal for these, that you have to get used to it.

I think she was being fed a load of crap.

To top it off, the cost for one of these things was $116.

I have no issue with her spending the money if it is something she wants/needs and will use it. I have issue with people trying to convince you that you need to have their over-priced product.

Thoughts?

2. buttershug

buttershug IncGamers Member

Have you called the local BBB yet? if not you probably should.

What if we were talking shoes? If you spent a lot of money on custom fitted shoes you don't expect to have to get used to them.

3. PatMaGroin

PatMaGroin IncGamers Member

Women will believe anything a salesperson tells them.

That is all.

4. kobold

kobold Banned

I can't tell if you're being serious or sarcastic... :undecided:

I agree here. Although I have seen me spend too much money on a pair of "standard" shoes from a store to have to break them in, and they were good shoes...

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

But that's breaking in the shoes, not getting used to the shoes. I don't think your wife is breaking in her bra.

My wife's been known to spend $50 on a bra, but only if it's both comfortable and hot.

6. MadMachine

MadMachine IncGamers Member

That's exactly why I never let my wife go to the camera store or Best Buy alone.

7. Nacaa

Nacaa IncGamers Member

I'd appreciate if all women would just go topless. Whether its with a tshirt or not, I just dont care.

8. skihard

skihard Banned

A very good pair of hockey skates can cost $500-$900 mfsr, these are heated and then put on your feet to "form" to your foots shape. One would expect that after you spend that much money, and have it custom formed to your foot that it would feel as if you only have a sock on, well that's not the case for the first week or so. It takes a little while for your foot to get used to the way the skate fits, it takes you some time learning where to apply extra pressure while tightening the laces and and where you want to leave them looser. Perhaps this bra is along the same lines as a top end pair of skates.

That being said I have never spent $500 on skates, because there is a new model every year and you can pick the old model up for about $200-$250. I can't personally see spending that much for a bra but then again I don't wear one. I do know that the larger the boobs the more support they need as to keep them off the floor when the lady is 80, but how long will the new bar last.

The skates I have will last me 8-10 years or longer. Will her Omega Holdem 4500 bra continue to give her the better support over a period equal to purchasing 4 or 5 lower priced bras? If not then I'd say in no way get it and risk never getting used to it. I am always amazed at the costs of bras but hey better to spend the money than having to lift your skirt to get beads at Mardi Gras

9. kobold

kobold Banned

Good name for it.

No idea. She was told "many years".

10. skihard

skihard Banned

well I have no more advice than to look into what it would cost for something comfortable, I would personally want comfort and spend more over many years. I'll Email HC and have her give an opinion.

11. DJBod

DJBod IncGamers Member

I think that you should stick to the $40-50 bras from Victoria's Secret.

After washing/wearing them for about 6-9 months, they will lose most of their "shock absorber" properties anyways. At least that's my gf's reason for always wanting to go buy bras... *shrug*

12. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I find that I don't really need one, so less than 20 bucks.

13. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

Victoria's Secret, does in fact carry the "Shock Absorber" sports bras. If she's not looking for a sports bra, but just an everyday bra, I would suggest the Ipex from Victoria’s Secret. Super comfy, lots of support. If she's looking to push 'em up, the "Body" or "Very Sexy" collections by Victoria's Secret are AWESOME! I wore those a lot before I had my gummy bears installed.
    As for price, I think the most I've ever spent on one is around the $50-$60 mark. I rarely spend money on clothes, I'm not "label wearer", but when it comes to bra's and undies I love it swexy and comfy, and I don't mind paying extra for it. However over $80 bucks---it better have jewels attached to it.

14. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

I'd rather be shot in the foot than go into a Victoria's Secret. And "0" should be an option, by the way.

Now I have an even better argument against bras. $50 bucks for a bra? I don't think so. I'm surprised you even asked with a price tag over a hundred. What a waste of money. Do you have any idea how many times I could go to In N Out with fifty bucks?

15. kobold

kobold Banned

I've seen her spend $50-60 on one, and I have no problem with that. We both kind of thought that this "omega holdem" one would be in the $80 range.

A nice bra can be very flattering on a lady.

In terms of Victoria's Secret, why not? Have you ever actually gone in to one? I'm with HC here - I like it when my lady is wearing stuff that she is both comfortable in, and feels sexy. :thumbsup:

16. Module88

Module88 IncGamers Member

Hmm. Five meals at In N Out. Bra. Five meals at In N Out. Bra.

Do I need to go any further?

Are you new here too? :scratch:

17. HockeyChic

HockeyChic Banned

See you could just shop VS online or through the catalogue, then you don't have to actually touch the bra or go near it:wink3: .

18. Dondrei

Dondrei IncGamers Member

Bras are also very important so you don't get sag. Sag is bad.

But there's no point telling Mod about the virtues of bras...

19. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

20. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

Isn't it funny how a new video game that takes a group of 50 people several years and millions of dollars to make can cost less than pieces of fabric sewn together by a machine? I know there's development involved in VS fancy bras, but still.