Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

BOY Scouts

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Amra, May 4, 2018.

1. Amra

Amra Diabloii.Net Member

I honestly don't even know where to begin.

I guess "Why?!" is my first reaction.

Did the BSA really find some sort of enlightenment?

Or are the just trying to reverse a trend?:

upload_2018-5-3_23-16-29.png

I think it comes down membership and money. Or money and membership. Take your pick.

Also, the battle between the Girl Scouts and Boys Scouts, simmering for a while now, will get to a full boil soon.

The BOY Scouts - to the best of my knowledge - have not even released a plan for how they will integrate girls into the organization.

This decision by the BOY Scouts is driven greed and need. Not by honor and duty for the growth and development of turning boys into men. Which, I believe, is one of the core reasons that Lord Baden-Powell created the BOY scouts.

2. jmervyn

jmervyn Diabloii.Net Member

Like, "Why are you trying to trigger jmerv?"

3. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

Someone triggered Merv?

Oh boy!

/popcornfrenzy

4. jmervyn

Nah, I didn't try to find my soap box.

Otherwise you could have seen the entire 3-ring circus in this thread. Fascist Progressives, corporate scum, homophobia, hetero-phobia, AND pedophilia...

LozHinge the Unhinged likes this.
  5. LozHinge the Unhinged

LozHinge the Unhinged Diabloii.Net Member

Roll up, see the show *thumbsup*

jmervyn likes this.
  6. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Once you can add pedophilia to an issue, it's over.

Boy scouts are kind of old-school. The very least you will have to add in order to impress the kids is to provide mobile internet or a LAN, so they can do their silly stuff with their smartphones.

7. jmervyn

Kinda the point.
    Well, we never had any "devices" but that's decades ago.

Currently we allow the boys in our alternate program (which literally plagiarized the old Scout material) to have electronics during the car trip. Unfortunately I'm the only real stickler for this, so when there's "downtime" a lot of the other adult leaders let the kids do what they want - and what the kids want is their faces buried in a smartphone, not a hike or swim.

8. superdave

superdave Diabloii.Net Member

girls need to know how tie tie bondage knots too.

BSA took another big hit to their membership totals today when the mormons announced they are severing ties with the organization.

next up...scouting for adults who missed out on the scouting experience when they were kids.<<< this will be their biggest influx of cash and should keep the BSA from selling off so many camps to pay day to day expenses and the huge $ salaries to their execs. last i heard, they pay their CEO 1.6 million.

9. jmervyn

The reason LDS didn't pull out w/ the "flaming" homosexual changes was that they were quietly told it didn't apply to them. That's bullcrap, in honesty, because if an LDS-sponsored Troop had refused adult leadership explicitly due to homosexuality, the adult could have sued & the BSA would have left the LDS holding the bag. I know because the local Troop my son had joined tried to make the same argument.
    What used to be called Explorer Scouts are 'coed' 14 through 20 years - I wouldn't be surprised if there was an extension on the age but of course the real reason it's problematic is the deliberate infiltration by pedophiles. British Explorer Scouting was apparently rife with sex abuse.
    I'm pointedly trying to not get triggered in this thread, but corporate abuse has been the single greatest issue destroying Scouting, long before the homosexual controversy. That is to say, I remember it being a problem back when I earned my Eagle...

Gates, Gays, and the Boy Scouts
    "Gates, whose likeness appears in Webster’s with the entry for “bureaucrat,” says that the Boy Scouts’ policy on homosexuals is “unsustainable.” He warns that attempting to maintain it would mean “the end of us as a national movement.” This sentiment expresses a great deal of what is wrong with the leadership culture of the United States."