Boxer Question

Torkahl

Diabloii.Net Member
Boxer Question

Does STR make a big enough impact with damage with a Boxer? Or would it be better to do like... +1 Str/ +1 Dex(?)/ +3 Vit per level instead of +2 Str/ +1 Dex/ +2 Vit?

bigballerpaul

Diabloii.Net Member
i know at lower levels, str doesnt do crap to your boxing damage. i think youd be better off with a little more vit. not sure about higher levels. i might go test it later today.

bigballerpaul

Diabloii.Net Member
ok i just looked at it. my barb with 0 gear on, no charms has 455 str (titan build). his normal swing damage is 5-11. so i would think that strength doesnt have much of an impact on boxing damage. seems like you would be better off with more vit/AR. but i dont know much about boxing so....

Torkahl

Diabloii.Net Member
bigballerpaul said:
ok i just looked at it. my barb with 0 gear on, no charms has 455 str (titan build). his normal swing damage is 5-11. so i would think that strength doesnt have much of an impact on boxing damage. seems like you would be better off with more vit/AR. but i dont know much about boxing so....
Yeah BUT... give him a bunch of +3max damage charms, or that unique normal helm that gives +8 max(min?) damage... THEN it makes an impact.

bigballerpaul

Diabloii.Net Member
but even then, how much would str matter? especially if you were using charms and eq to achieve damage? im not really familiar with the 'boxer' type of player. maybe 5-11 is a good base in those terms?

WackenOpenAir

Diabloii.Net Member
bigballerpaul said:
but even then, how much would str matter? especially if you were using charms and eq to achieve damage? im not really familiar with the 'boxer' type of player. maybe 5-11 is a good base in those terms?
my GUESS is:

normally you do 1-2 damage naked. add 455% to that, and your pretty close to 5-11.

maybe use items like wartravelers will give you high damage without weapon?

anyway, i dont know what the boxing rules are (is non weapon equipment alowed, or are there limmits to the alowed equipment) so i cant give any ideas on whats effective.