Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

bOWZON QUESTION

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by ploves, Jun 1, 2008.

1. ploves

ploves IncGamers Member

bOWZON QUESTION

HEY ALL!

sorry!If I seem idiotic, but I'm totally new to amazons. First of, Is it true that an amazon is built around the bow It'll be using? I hope that's not the case.Also is it, the only bows are considerable good are Windforce and Faith?I hope either case isn't true because that would be pretty sad. If not, what Skills and gear would you guys advice me for?()before I even start playing..I do not have Godly gear!However I do have a mavina set-if that's even considered anything. I've seen amazons do fire and posion damage with bows, can they also do Lightning?thanks!

2. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

Re: bOWZON QUESTION

In most cases yes. This because Increased Attack Speed(IAS) is very important for Bowazons. The faster, the better. And bows have different speed, Hydra bows for example is in the very slow class. So when choosing other equipment, you will want items that will give more speed(and damage ofc)

No. These bows have high physical damage(Wf) and Speed(Faith), thats why they are popular. Other unique bows that does the job in hell difficulty are: Witchwild String, Buriza, Eaglehorn, Goldstrike, Lycanders Aim. Plus there is the rws.

I would read some of the stickied guides to learn some of the 'basic' bowa-items.

Mavina-set is also hell-viable. A combo of Freezing Arrow(+damagesynergie) and a physical damage skill(strafe for example) is a nice starter char.

Only if you have alot of lightdamage charms, but I strongly reccomend you dont do it. Leave the lightdamage to Javazons.

3. ploves

ploves IncGamers Member

KremBanan!!

So hope is not lost for me!yay!
    Ok so I'll stay away from lightning. Posion-fire-Cold I should go with? and I was lucky enough with my sorc and found a Buriza!
    Again,thanks for your help!

4. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

Don't use poison nor fire. The fire side of the skill tree is weak so you'll have to use charms. Using charms - unless you really have golden charms - will not give you good damage. Your damage should come from +skill and pure physical damage from your bow. Use your charms to complement these or to fill in gaps - res or life - if you feel you need. However, well played* amazon don't need much life.

5. KremBanan

KremBanan IncGamers Member

I would use max damage charms. Small, Large, grand doesnt matter. Just use em. Start with anything and try improving as you proceed through the game. VS physical immunes, i would suggest an Atma amulet. When strafing with this, Amp Dam will proc and the monsters will get -100% physical res, thus removes most of the physical immunes. A cheap amulet, but very nice. An end-game amulet.