Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowzon = Equipment?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Solikos, Oct 29, 2006.

1. Solikos

Solikos IncGamers Member

Bowzon = Equipment?

I'd love to get a Bowzon going, but I find it's way too equipment hungry (or I'm doing something wrong), while on the other hand a Javazon seems to depend a lot more on the skills. A Bowzon is something I've always wanted to have, but have never been able to muster one up. Does this have to be a twink character to not suffer through until ideal equipment is obtained?

Regardless of all of the guides that I have already read on these boards, killing monsters seems like it takes forever as a bowzon unless you have insane equipment (at least I guess it's better then). Strafe / Multishot take ages to kill stuff in Hell... Frozen Arrow does the job, but I cannot keep up with the mana demands. My Valk is tougher than I am.

Is there an effective PvM bowzon setup that isn't extremely equipment sensitive?

Note: I'm also running without the expansion at the moment.

2. Aldarad

Aldarad IncGamers Member

Afraid not and without the expansion Your choices are extremly limited. Please note that I am a noob but still...no way. :(

3. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

I don't know where to find statistics about DiabloC. But remeber that long lasting high damage immolation arrows are very powerfull. No cast dalay and a long burning time.

http://www.diabloii.net/characters/amazon/bow-crossbow.shtml#Immolating Arrow

4. Kijya

Kijya IncGamers Member

A wws bowzon is cheap, not the fastest but still works, upping the wws will give you an OK pitrunner.

5. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

Most bowazons are item dependant, you will need to do some mf runs before starting one up.

6. cade88

cade88 IncGamers Member

you can alway go the untwinked route and use what you find and you'll still beat the game with strategy and skill loads of fun try it

7. themachine

themachine IncGamers Member

Upped Lycander's Aim with a Nef rune is a decent bow. That plus strafe and Atma's scarab will do you just fine.

8. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

I think we've gotten off track. The poster is playing in Classic, where good bows are few and far between. Maybe the Classic forum would be a better place to look for help.