Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowmancer damage

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Dazuni, Jan 28, 2004.

1. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

Bowmancer damage

I have a boner and finished the game, since then I find D2 a bit dull. So I decide to mf and get good gear so that this boner can taste the bowmancer and meleemance.

As it happen I find this unique elite cross bow called gut siphon. Great. So I trade a 1.09 unique vampirefang belt to wear and put a hel into the bow. My mancer get the use the bow now, with 10% ias, people mentioned it is the fastest attack break point.

My question is that is there any way that I could increase the damage of the bow? It is already unique and I am at non ladder, so I cannot upgrade anymore.

The rest of the gear are mainly partial set. Angelic rings ad armour for the AR, have not get the ammy yet. Clegcraw complete set for the glove’s knock back and the melee weapon switch. Gore rider for the nice mode of DS OW CB. Shako with PYEllowGem as I think Shako is the armour.

AR is not a problem but it Is taking too long to inflict damages.

Usually I use 4 – 5 spear to kill a monmster at act 1 hell, but using upto 15 arrows to kill the same monster.

Any help? Gear?

2. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

You could use Laying of Hands for damage against Demons. Or Tancred's Skull. Biggin's Bonnet.

Just check d2data.net.

3. Necrochild313

Necrochild313 IncGamers Member

Use secondary effects such as crushing blow, OW, critical/deadly strike, ect, which I notice you have some of but more couldn't hurt. That's how I build my bowamancer back in the old days (1.09 :p). Maybe a few spcs, and pump dex alot with a crossbow for more damage, course that'd make you a glass-cannon ;). I used buriza with my nec and a demon machine as switch (shame the CB no longer spreads).

I also used LoH, as MM suggested.

4. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

As mentioned in another thread Poison dagger's AR bonus gets applies to bow/crossbow weapons. So if you have a few spare points you could try that out, then ditch the Angelic Armor for lionheart runeword or some other armour with damage enhancing capabilities, same thing with the angelic rings

5. Rewen

Rewen IncGamers Member

It'll be hard and you'll ned top gear.

The seemingly simplest route would to stack poison with open wounds. At high clvls Open wounds does good damage and poison just makes it better.

Another new ranged bow trick concerns exploding arrows; fire damage on equipment/skills spreads to your blast radius. So get either demon limb on switch and/or Fire out gaunlents (maybe wrong name) for the enchant and stack fire damage charms...that only works with exploding arrows but anyway...Much is to be learned about the Bow capabilities for 1.10 necros. (I think)

6. Dinnin Darkblade

Dinnin Darkblade IncGamers Member

Open Wounds + Crushing Blow + Poison Charms = Dead things

It works, I'm working on a Blood Raven build for a necromancer using skeletons as tanks and using the bow to pick things off. I don't know how well I'd do with out my faithful walking bone walls, but I have much better killing speed thus far against bosses and in tight areas like the Maggot Lair.

7. TPMdm

TPMdm IncGamers Member

Old school bowmancers relied on piercing-exploding-crushing blow coupled with their bonewall/prison. The CB would be applied everytime the arrow/bolt exploded doing CB in a small radius around the explosion. The pierce would allow it to explode multple times per shot. The bolt/arrow would also explode when piercing bone barriers.

The Bowmancer would setup the battlefield with many barriers and fire away doing mucho CB. They were pretty sweet. However I believe the mechanics of CB and exploding projectiles have changed :(

8. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

thanks alot for all the input. I start to regret that I sold all my Psn charm a year ago. I think it is the easiest way to get more damage.

9. lextalionis

lextalionis IncGamers Member

Not to revive a dead thread, but did you guys figure out any good builds for a necro with a bow/xbow?

Its so slow dealing damage one arrow at a time. I can't imagine that Amp or Decryptify really makes this any better?

I do still like the idea of pierce and bonewalls and boneprisons, but I'd like to be able to do decent damage. Thoughts?

10. Mad Mantis

The only way to speed up the killing with a bow/x-bow is using pierce. That is the problem with using a Melee-build on a character not designed for melee-ing. The killing speed falls.

11. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

ah, I have a on going poison melee skelly character going on, have been using buriza, good damage and all, but after like 3 days I got it, the damages been surpassed by poison damage, and I have to use gear like Arm leoric to boost up summoning tree, which is more effective sad to say.

anyhow, bowmancer should be for fun,if not for cookie cutting. In nightmare, I pared with zon and it was great coz you have skelly at front and picking things out at the back with xbow.

12. Mad Mantis

This is with all the melee builds. Although they are not the most effective or most likely to cut cookies, they are fun.

13. Dazuni

Dazuni IncGamers Member

cannt wait to get my hand on weirdo maker when ladder ends.