Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowler?

Discussion in 'Druid' started by royalesse, Feb 13, 2004.

1. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

Bowler?

I know someone tried a bowler before... it must have gotten zapped when the threads got wiped. Anyone have any information on it? (yes, I read the primal flame guide)

Thnx in advance

2. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

one of the last true difficult builds. I cant say anything yet, he lurks in the wings of my bar waxing his flaming stone, drinking his rum and coke and looking very 80's. WOuld it work at upper levels?? well, remains to be seen. I will create one above 24 (what he is now) one day... its the last challenge build out there (hunter with enormous summons isnt a challenge to me, melee sorc non enchant is, or necro untwinked melee is - bad idea btw, sorc one is fine)

3. Bob_TheMadCow

Bob_TheMadCow IncGamers Member

I keep meaning to try to patriarch my Fire Druid... but then I fire up GB and all hope of him ever having that "little talk" with the Ancients fades away...

If you want to see a Bowler own, take him out into the desert and drop him into the Maggot Lair ;) Nothing is better than all those narrow corridors for lining them up so you can knock them down :)

I started off my Fire Druid as a bowler, who later maxed out four of the fire skills, all bar Armageddon. Its fun, it works, and it's more difficult than a Wind Druid. You have to chose your attacks depending on the situation, and you have to be aware of your own placement and the landscape around you if you hope to get anywhere. Max out MB->Firestorm->Volcano then OS and Fissure. get a grizzly for the hell of it too :)

One day I may get round to patriarching poor HarryMunsen and finishing off my Fire Druid guide...

Maybe...

4. royalesse

royalesse IncGamers Member

A little odd I know but I was actually thinking of maxing MB-> Volcano-> Armageddon, and ravens and poison creeper... lol... There's an old 1.09 guide on poison creeper that caught my attention. I also planned to use an Act 1 cold rogue. Mainly, I will use MB for knockbackable melee monsters and volcano for ranged and Armageddon for phys immunes.

I wanted to use a cold rogue since with up to 40% of their damage being converted to cold I figured they'd be a good addition to my types of damage and they'd run away with me when I'm using Armageddon.

The funny thing is I just bashed poison creeper in another thread and I'm thinking about maxing it along with another goofy skill.

O well... to each their own...

5. Heartless_Lich

Heartless_Lich IncGamers Member

Well, MB explodes on rock worms in the maggot lair so it isn't that efficient when it comes to maggot lair owning :(.

6. Salo

Salo IncGamers Member

yeah it explodes a lot
    however....

I'm making an AB MB. it can max synergy on MB (simple to do rather early compared to most builds out there). AND, it can get 1000 cold/second on AB. now, that isnt good enough to be a killer in hell, but it is good enough to assist my HF im GUESSING to kill the Fire Immunes. Too bad i cannot find a ravenlore or find someone to trade me one. I will have to stick with my 133 def shako with a 5/5 fire facet in it. kinda nice hat for lots of builds. I am planning on using a 5/5 fire facet lidless as well. -10 fire resists, should help some.
    Hoto = 3
    Arach. Mesh = 1
    8 GC's = 8
    +3 ammy = 3
    Enigma = 2
    Shako = 2
    wartravelers
    1 soj
    1 Bul kathos (life boost needed for no spirit)
    Magefists = 1 (always forget that it has +1 fire)
    Stormshield = moanage what a hot shield
    Switch = isted monarch and isted ali baba - 109 jobbers

42 MBoulder and 41 AB at level 80ish. 80 is a rather tall order for a MB, yes I know, but he could do endless runs I guess. 80 solo is rather tall in order.

AB wont have max synergies, but eh, thats ok its backup so backup doesnt need to be uber, plus, it has a lot of style, and thats what a MB guy is, style.
    Enigma is doubly needed, not just for +2 skills, it has 45% runwalk on it. gear with all that is max DR% with Stormshield. not going for max block, maybe like 50%. Might have to Um the ss, i have 9 7%mf/5% res all sc's from 109 and a good annihilus sc, plus the hoto, so probably do need the Um.