Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bower vs. BvC Help

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Dennis_KoreanGuy, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Bower vs. BvC Help

Hey. I currently have a 500life, 7.2k ga, 7fpa, kb, freedom'd ss/198% ebugtitan switch zon, and I need help against BvC's. 100% of her stat points are in dex. I've made so that I can wear a SS without any pts in str. :smiley: all max dmg charms as well. Pure physical, no psn whatsoever. Max block on switch.

BvB's aren't too difficult. If they don't have tele, I can win with Doom on their side.

Just that although I clip away BvC's life way faster, they just tele right at you and I would usually switch ss and walk away, either switching back to faith to snipe couple ga's if barb is stupid enough to miss his tele or make long ww's or if not enough time, just hoping walk + lf can finish the job.

A lot of BvC's I can never beat. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or do they just plain own max dmg bowas?

btw I have decent D/A/E so its not like block's the only defense I have here. and keep in mind almost anything 1 hit KO's me. :undecided:

2. lendial

lendial IncGamers Member

if you can run really fast with frw gear then you should rape 99% of of bvcs. 50dr 8k hp no block will still go down fast to 7frame GAs. a few mistakes and the bvc is dead but one mistake and youre dead, but your gear is very topline and you shouldnt be losing by anything other than lack of skill.

3. Dennis_KoreanGuy

That's the bad part. My zon is severely lacking in frw department... :undecided:

I want a 120/45/30frw... but they're just mega expensive..

Do you suggest I use Harmony over SS/Titan against BvC's? but if they can namelock tele me and keep a clear head, no matter how fast I run I'll be meat.

edit: Its not THAT low a frw... I always outrun kiba easily. You hear that eloh?

4. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Get frw from charms... dur?
    Don't use harmony... use max dmg/frw zons.

Also... why not poison charms? I'm just wondering since 3 dmg dosn't seem like alot...

5. jsyou

jsyou Banned

first dont use all dex build on a pvp zon unless you got 3/20s, a vita one can atleast take some dmg and survive to continue shooting.

i had one like about 2k life this is with out bo had lacerator/ss on switch once i get amp off not much stuff can tank 5k gas

get a magic 30run walk circlet it can get 2 sockets max its pretty good if your poor

6. Dennis_KoreanGuy

This is my L char, so I don't have vast amount of resources like nl. Alright I'll try swapping some max dmg charms for frw ones. Maybe dual mods if I can.

How should I say this... its the "idea" of a pure physical bower. Any amount of psn and byebye sexcness.

No 3/20's on Ladder. Anyways this is a minor dueling char for me so I'm satisfied at is inability to 1v1 properly against any char.

My LF does surprisingly well against Smiters and such. And its better for me because I can attain max block while using it.

No need 2os helm. 7fpa with Faith GMB all the way.

7. jsyou

jsyou Banned

ever try a mb faith? only needs 45 ias to reach 7fp. you can use stuff like shako cleg's verdungos engima makes a bowa alot more durable

8. Dennis_KoreanGuy

No need durability. This char was actually designed to fcga spam on the gates against idiots. Maybe that's why I have such problem against BvC's... They can tank a bit with fast mobility... Not to mention a completely anti-zon attack..

9. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Talking about what happened today, Dennis?

10. Kiba

Kiba IncGamers Member

hey just curious if you wanna duel kiba with your bowzon. lemme know please =P

11. jsyou

jsyou Banned

then you dont even need any strategy, get a lacerator on switch park your self somewhere far from the gate just shoot and switch, make a portal incase someone sees you and you need to run.

i been nking games with a zon like this for a while and those idiots are thinking they got nk by other people

12. Dennis_KoreanGuy

That reminded me, yes. There seem to be a bvc everywhere I go these days...

Kiba: yes that'd be fun. I'll duel you again soon.

jsyou: I don't get how this Lacerator works. Its a throwable weapon with high ctc Amp, am I correct? If so, when a BvC tele's in your screen, I throw till amp and then... just keep throwing? Switching back to Faith is probably not an option as w/o block I'll get owned.

Yea, I used to do the fc invis ga over gate all the time, but now that just bores me. :tongue:

13. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

I know what you mean... BvC vs BvC duels really bored me. It gives me more of a chance to use my V/T, though.

14. jsyou

jsyou Banned

isnt your purpose to nk people getting out the gate? just go to some place no one sees you make a portal there and spam the gate with gas you have enough time to get back to town.

are you talking about uswl? i see alot of bvcs lately and all of them suck.

15. HappyAssassin

HappyAssassin IncGamers Member

CtC attacks tigger based on hitting, even after you switch weapons. If you fire a bunch of arrows then switch to lacerator, when the arrows hit they have a chance to cast AMP. It's the main trick that teleport bowers use, a Spirit (sometimes SS or block shield) and a Lacerator. Fire off arrows and immediately switch, you'll see the enemy get amped quickly. A BvC with Amp on it takes very few arrows to kill.

16. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Oh WOW... That's awesome...

So the question is Lacerator vs. ETitan's. Opinions?

Yargh, Lacerator requires 96 str 122 dex which I can easily make, but my SS depends on the +20 from Titan... I knew I should've ignored titan's bonus so I can pick up my entire bod in 1 shot... Is there any other shield choices? Maybe blackoak...?

17. lendial

lendial IncGamers Member

wayyyy overkill, most bvc you see will be using verd/arreats/enig vs a bowa and running with about 6.1-6.5 k life. (7.2k/6) * .77 = 924 dmg or about 7 guided. For a fact you will nail him at least once maybe twice as hes coming at you, and after your initial run with ss, spam some more hes likely already dead. With coa/arac/enigma setup and 7.1k-7.3k life he will take about (1200 * .61 )= 732 or about 10 arrows. Im not sure how high d/a/e is but 75%block+ passive= very low chance to be hit unless he grinds you with a good angled WW. In which case its your fault for running in a straight line.

the reason max vs psn, psn you can chug antidotes and nearly negate the effect, but max you can only reduce up to 50%. you can have 17k psn dmg but it wont mean much if they decide to use PR /PLR/antidotes/fade.

18. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Perhaps Lacerator is overkill, but it is not easy to get 10 shotss on a BvC.

Couple is guaranteed as long as duel begins with range on my side. In fact, if I can get a good kb lock, I can kill him before ever reaching me.

Once BvC tele's on me, it is hard to find time to switch + snipe + switch. Best I can do is walk around in circly zig zaggy straightish unpredictable line looking for a chance to switch, or I just LF. Tanking a second of ww with your bowhand is likely death. Should I have made a more sturdy zon that can tank atleast a ww? Maybe even just the Beast hand?

Actually, my block + D/E succumbs easily to BvC. Grief + Beast hits fast... very fast. Agreed on your psn comment. Though maybe I'd like some for ES sorcs.

19. jsyou

jsyou Banned

this is like what i said earlier. pure dex zons are not meant for pvp unless you are rich.

mb faith engima tele zon can get 7fpa 13f tele max block with lacerator and you can get alot of frw with this build. can clear most dumb bvcs on ladder probably all of it if your good

20. Dennis_KoreanGuy

MB Faith????? Enigma???????

I am interested, but I'm scared of its low damage output.. :undecided: