Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon worthless in hell

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by azhreal, Mar 1, 2004.

1. azhreal

azhreal IncGamers Member

Bowazon worthless in hell

Currently taking 15 minutes with my level 76 strafeazon and a 187% buriza. My valk is seemingly doing more damage than I am and without her there's no way I could clear anything anywhere. I'm real disappointed right now and wouldn't expect to need the best equipment in the game just to do pit runs. How long are these things supposed to take anyway? I do around 1400dmg strafing and somehow it does 1/30th the same a 5k fireball does which doesn't add up. They need to back down the defense of hell mobs or something because I do little to no noticable damage in hell games of 4+ people.

2. Tragics

Tragics IncGamers Member

Firstly can you provide more information of your stats allocation? Are you able to hit monsters effectively?
    What's your gear like? what is it designed for? pvm or pvp?
    You said u took 15 mins. Which act? I assume you are doing pit runs.

As a bowazon, you do not have to strictly use burizas as they are pretty slow strafe. If you need speed or decent damage, theres goldstrike, lycanders aim, wildwitch, eaglehorn. A laying of hands with extra 20 ias help to deal more damage to demons.

3. Ifrit18

Ifrit18 Banned

Buriza sucks bad in hell diffic.

Heard of a bow called goldstrike arch? 250% dmg, huge ias, and dmg to undead and demons! Upgrade it to hydra bow and this thing is impressive.

Put on laying of hands for 20% ias and 350% dmg to demons. Everything down in pits is undead or demons

4. Devi8or

Devi8or IncGamers Member

I do great with my WF. I have maxed strafe and Synergized Freezing Arrow.

I deal 1300-3200 damage per arrow, with Pierce, and high stats in Critical and Penetrate.

I also have 10 100 Poison Damage Small Charms...seem to help a lot.

5. lone_wolf

lone_wolf Diablo: IncGamers Member

well your 1 level ahead of what most should be when entering hell act 1 what did you expect?

besides the buriza is more of a weapon swith for single targets with strafe due to next delay.

and whats your ar like and as others have said let us see your other gear and stats so we can help out more.

6. Frenzied Bovine

Frenzied Bovine IncGamers Member

You're strafing with a Buriza.

7. Freyas

Freyas IncGamers Member

What is your chance to hit and/or skill setup. I can clear the pit with my buriza-wielding FA strafer in about 10 minutes per run, pausing to kill any boss packs I run into in the tamoe highland on the way to the pit. While buriza isn't the greatest bow for a strafeazon, it is useable, and when you are low in wealth, it is a very viable option.

The problem you might be having would be a low % chance to hit due to your low level and possible low attack rating. It might be worthwhile to level up your amazon some more, or just live with the slower speed in clearing the pit until you have acquired some levels down there. You are quite a bit below the level of the monsters in the pit(lvl 85-**, I believe), so you will have a fairly high penalty for your chance to hit due to the level difference. If your attack rating isn't boosted quite a bit by your equipment and maxed penetrate, you probably won't have too far above a 70-75% chance to hit the monsters down there. With a low chance to hit, your killing speed will be considerably lower than it will be once you level up some more and get a higher attack rating. As you level, more points in dex, and a higher level might merc will also help out your damage considerably.

Buriza isn't the best weapon for clearing multiplayer hell games anymore. It has a rather slow attack speed, which is not desireable with the massive regeneration rates on monsters now. In multiplayer games, your buriza will not kill all that fast, simply because of monster regeneration, unless you equip something with prevent monster heal. In fact, prevent monster heal will help out the killing speed of a bowazon considerably, regardless of bow, simply because amazons are made for doing damage to a lot of targets. All of these targets have the chance to regenerate their life, making the life regeneration a much larger consideration than it is for other characters who attack single targets, or sorceresses that do massive damage to everything. With prevent monster heal and a large bow, an amazon should be able to clear multiplayer hell games faster than pretty much anybody except possibly a sorceress or hammerdin.

8. importpsycho

importpsycho IncGamers Member

imo buriza sucks and strafe sucks too in hell
    i fire 7~10 arrows and less than 5 of em actually hit
    i have **** load of AR and dex too
    I mostly use Freezing arrow, can clear worldstone pretty fast
    how is your critical strike?
    mine is at 65%
    WF with laying hands + highlords
    and lotta IAS