Bowazon vs. Zealer/Charger?

Zeppelin

Diabloii.Net Member
Bowazon vs. Zealer/Charger?

I Recently decided to transform my Bowazon to PvP, and so far It's been effective in pub duels (not that that is saying much). However, I have yet to pwn a pally, A zealer that uses charge however. FoHer are possible as long as i just stay out of range, And hammerdins aren't so bad as long as i keep on the move. Does anyone have a decent strategy to deter zeal/chargers? I've tried KB and just move a little and shoot trying to keep them a little off screen and i've used obstacles which have been the most effected w/ Guided but I still die prolly 5 to 1 kill though.

sheepe2004

Diabloii.Net Member
Alot of zons switch to javs + storm whenver a melee gets too close, im not usre how it helps maybe you could use cs or jab on them?

Weltkriegpally

Diabloii.Net Member
you will need at least 8 fpa for this matchup, also knockback is a really good idea. general strategy. keep something between you and them, fire once or twice, switch back over to ss+titans, keep moving. DON"T stop. you cannot tank them, ever.

--welt

BonzoHarry

Diabloii.Net Member
yea i duel with my zealer and the only times i have trouble with a zon is when she goes ss/titans. Because with block and dodge it's hard to hit them. That lighting strike skill (not the one you throw), is pretty deadly too.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
sheepe2004 said:
Alot of zons switch to javs + storm whenver a melee gets too close, im not usre how it helps maybe you could use cs or jab on them?
If they are bow and switch to javs, that implies no CTA on switch. This is a big problem vs. a lot of other characters. Since you now have bone necs with 800 PvP spirits, and other equally deadly characters, having a CTA is almost a requirement, on any character. I could be off on this as I haven't played many zons since 1.10 came out, but it seems that the best zons specialize. They are either javs or bow. If you are pure bow, you may not be able to kill chargers, for example, but you do better vs. most others with the higher life. Same with java zons. Correct me if I'm wrong, most of my opinions are from observing zons as they fight me or others.

Bigrob

Banned
Speederländer said:
If they are bow and switch to javs, that implies no CTA on switch. This is a big problem vs. a lot of other characters. Since you now have bone necs with 800 PvP spirits, and other equally deadly characters, having a CTA is almost a requirement, on any character. I could be off on this as I haven't played many zons since 1.10 came out, but it seems that the best zons specialize. They are either javs or bow. If you are pure bow, you may not be able to kill chargers, for example, but you do better vs. most others with the higher life. Same with java zons. Correct me if I'm wrong, most of my opinions are from observing zons as they fight me or others.
prebuff and switch to jav + ss setup can easily do it.

Speederländer

Diabloii.Net Member
Bigrob said:
prebuff and switch to jav + ss setup can easily do it.
Yeah, but the duration on BO is so short that you could easily run out of BO on any given duel. If you do a mongo equipment change, before every duel, to squeeze out every possible point of BO, it ceases to be a lot of fun. At least, that was my experience in pre-buffing venom. And Bo has such a short duration when cast at the levels of CTA on a zon...

'22'Souljah

Diabloii.Net Member
Speederländer said:
your on ladder so it might be different but on nL all the good zons i've seen usually have an ss/jav on swap

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member
You don't need cta on a bowazon. Use it to prebuff if you must. Charge/zealers are pretty easy compared to charge/smite or pure chargers. They will usually have pretty low resists. If so, use LB. If not, use LF.

Whether your using LF or LB, just remember to always keep moving and throw 1 or 2 LF/LBs at a time.

Another tip when vsing chargers is to stand behind one of the holes in the ground. The pally will be forced to go around it or somtimes get stuck on it. This will allow you to get a few extra arrows in.

disc

Diabloii.Net Member
storm/titans on switch is better than cta on switch vs zealots or chargers, the extra 700 life from cta isnt worth loosing out on 75% block. if its a pure charger just walk them and use storm and charge bolt. if they got 85 light res your screwed whatever you use if they get in range for charge/smite/zeal. all my characters have a cta apart from my bowa, just cant see much of a use for it.