BOwazon tactics

• Thread starter Art the Quinceeater
  • Start date
A

Art the Quinceeater

BOwazon tactics

I made a new multishot/guided bowazon and ive been doin som pvp. i am good against some people :thumbup: but against others i do quite badly :crazyeyes: . I think that some tactics might help? do you have any?

My items are:
Ama circlet (mana steal, life steal, 1 skills, res)
Highlords
Faith
Forti
Ias kb gloves
Nosferatus
War Traveller
Res, str, lifesteal rare rings

Holmstrom

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: BOwazon tactics

first you should get a 120/45 diadem, and use duel raven
but what classes is it you do bad with?

Moritz

Diabloii.Net Member

leech in pvp doesnt really work in 1.10+ anymore

i advise you to reach TienJe's guide in the amazon section. it contains all you need to know.

paul leung

Diabloii.Net Member

best bowzon i meet in west ladder this season is a vita bowzon .he chosse to max phyical damage only.I never seen any player defeat him in pvp room(pubby,even with all those hackers around),though he said only max block es cold sorc,bonemancer with revives can give him trouble.My max block necro never manage to put much damage on him.It still puzzle me why my necro doesn't block much his attacts while can block other's.
imo i think cat's eye is better than highlord.

whatagame

Diabloii.Net Member

yea agree with all the above. tienje guide is very informative/detailed on which gear to use and why to use it.

as for quick pointers:
-like paul leung mentioned, ditched the highlord for cat's eye. reason: cat eye's have ias, frw and dex. the dex adds more dmg and frw very useful for bowazon. while the highlord has deadly strike% but it is insignificant since bowazon will have critical strike.
-and as for the helm, comparing to thee one u have, there are a lot much better helm out there to choice from. the ideal one would be what holmstram mention. but one of the best helm would be 120/45ias with 30%frw but those are really expensive. some cheaper alternative would be (of the top of my head, but choose according to the gear u have) gaze if u want dr, valk, mav helm cheap alternative if u need ias, and as for rare zon circlet u would want them to have at least 30%frw on it.
-as for the rings ditch them and use dual raven frost. get the highest dex u can get on them. with bowazon more dex=more dmg
-and if u havent really made the zon yet or going to remake there are two route u can go one is the one paul leung mention. the other is the glass cannon, which is just put enough strength into gear and all into dex.

hopes that help and all the stuff i mentioned should be in teinje guide but with more in depth explanation.

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member

The truth about glass cannons is that they are limited vs. most classes. A serious ZvA bowazon should have decent to high life/res. Even if you have max dex I suggest using a large number of max/ar/life charms (as opposed to max/ar/frw) and life/res charms.

There are many, MANY ways to build a bowazon, though.

The vita bowazon can hit 4k+ life which means you can tank as much, if not more than a barb with dodges.

paul leung

Diabloii.Net Member

the vita zon i meet have over 5k life.
question is what is the different between life/damage for vita/glass canon?I mean each point in vita give 3 lifes and that is a lot.How much damage you lost without(or just enough to equip) putting pts in dex after pvp penalty?assume top end equiment and charms.

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member

With pure vita you'll be doing around 4k damage with unless you use fortitude. I wouldn't advise using fortitude with faith gmb on a vita zon since it means you can't use verdungos for the DR. You can hit around ~5k damage with 4k life as well.

paul leung

Diabloii.Net Member

verdungos only got 15%dr,i will use fort anytime.zon use evade etc skill to avoid hit anyway

Holmstrom

Diabloii.Net Member

well my glass canon bowa does around 9k dmg with 1k life :p and i do great vs most other classes :)

Timmy

Diabloii.Net Member

How do you hit 9k damage? :p Using an entire inventory filled of 3/xx/xx charms, i'm only doing 7k at maximum ( wihtout pride, with pride I also hit 9k but not very useable in duels as a merc dies alot )

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member

Most likely fort/wf build or poison. You can deal 10k @ 9 frames with fort/wf.

The days when the logic of "using dodges to not get hit" expired with the advent of 1.10 really. Most serious ZvZ use high dr on bow and I strongly advise using verdungos on a ZvA. This is because verdungos + ss or verdungos + 3x ber shield (jgod or jtod) will get you close to max dr. You won't beat the best wind druids/ww barbs/smiters without it.

Holmstrom

Diabloii.Net Member

wops ye just fund out it was with pride, but how do you have trouple getting 7k? :) i got 7.6k without pride with jsut 322s
just dont need more dr then ss, if you do, your doing somthing wrong,

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member

Let me know when you beat a good smiter or bvc or wind druid with 35 dr and 1k hp.

7.6k is only possible with wf/fort or pure glass wf/edias so you're most likely only firing at 9 frames. DPS-wise that doesn't even compare to a 7k GMB faith @ 7 frames.

Holmstrom

Diabloii.Net Member

smither is ahrd but veyr much doable with java switch, bvc is only tricky if they use doom and windy lol :p

and no i use faith forti 120/45/30 nosferatu wt knockback ias glvoes, kinda normal gear, and i deal 7.6k at lvl 81 with only 1 175 poison sc, rest is 322
and ofc perf anni + torch, im ofc a pure class canon with all points into dex