Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon Res Trouble In Hell... HELP!!

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by pinot_noir, Feb 7, 2004.

1. pinot_noir

pinot_noir IncGamers Member

Bowazon Res Trouble In Hell... HELP!!

My level 79 FA Bowazon playing Hardcore Ladder is wearing;

vamp gaze helm
    mav Armor, Gloves, Belt
    Gore Rider Boots
    WWS Bow (40 res)
    Ravenfrost
    rare ring (9 res)
    magic ammy with (22 res)

She kicks A** in NM but in Hell only has
    Fire res -4
    Cold res -9
    Light res 8
    Psn res 9

I'm afraid to try Hell with such low res's. I am(was?) building frozen Arrow/Strafe build and have various other bows ie. windforce, widow maker, buriza, etc. What's the best I can hope for res's in Hell with a Bowazon and what equipment will it take that will make it safer and not too seriously compromise her killing ability in Hell PvM?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

-pinot

2. Sir Charles

Sir Charles IncGamers Member

I've found that resistances aren't THAT much of a concern for a bowazon that has knockback. Very rarely do you get into range for elemental attacks. And if you do, you should be able to leech back fairly quickly. Yes, getting high resists in hell can be a big hassel. So just bypass that hassel by getting teleport. Either charges on an ammy (or ring if that's possible...don't recall) or on a weapon switch can solve that problem. Another solution is Enigma. Hotkey the teleport skill and if you find yourself in trouble from elemental attacks teleport out of danger. Hope that helps.

3. Omikron8

Omikron8 IncGamers Member

Unless the mavina pieces offer a partial bonus of resistances (too lazy to check) you will never get good res with such an equipment setup unless you stack mass resistance charms. If you want to get decent res without massing resistance charms you have to dump the mavina pieces and pick up a laying of hands, smoke or lionheart, and a tal's mask. You may laugh at the tal's mask but i still believe it is the best zon helmet in the game. A zon who carefully positions her merc and valk/decoy will never need damage reduction. Tal's mask provides more leech along with life and 15 res, which far outbeats the 20% possible dr on gaze.

4. redalert

redalert IncGamers Member

I agree that having good resists isn't that important. However I know that using strafe can be dangerous, since you have to stand still to fire off a volley and wait for it to finish. Try to take advantage of decoy because it has no casting delay. Use it frequently in combo with recasting your valk.

IMO zons with multishot can afford to have less resists because of the fast firing rate. You can hit and run, but with strafe you have to stay put a little longer.

5. Sir Charles

Sir Charles IncGamers Member

I've personally never really seen a problem with "strafe-lock". If you think before you act, you're usually fine. Your Valk/merc tank team will run out and pick a fight while you stay in the back firing away. One nice trick I've found is to keep an item with teleport charges on it, so if you run into trouble...'port out of it. Enigma is GREAT for this reason. (of course the huge MF doesn't hurt either).

Another thing to remember with Strafe is...use some Knockback! It's a life saver! It's pretty hard to get swarmed if you're constantly pushing back the enemies.

6. Malachi

Malachi Banned

I guess good resists and high vitality are not that important. In softcore.

7. davew2040

davew2040 IncGamers Member

Disciple set. It's good. Use it.

If not that, then a Nef-Lum armor would do you good, and a fal-um-pul (gloom) armor is better.