Bowazon gloves, advice pelase

Thaquitz

Diabloii.Net Member
Bowazon gloves, advice pelase

Recently recreated my account after a 3 year hiatus, and decieded to go with a bowazon. I read many many guides on this forum, and all have been helpful. I chose to go MA/MS using a Faith GMB. But for gloves I have a few quiestions.

First I found a pair of Magnus' Skin gloves and threw them on for the 20 IAS. Now I have been looking and I cant find anything, anywhere that mentions these gloves in any guide. Are they that bad they don't deserve mention? Second if I start trying to craft some Hitpower gloves, is there any chance I could roll them with dual leech? I would love to pick up the extra IAS with a Mav's helm (15 IAS jewel added) that should get me to the last break point, but I am loathe to give up my Tal's helm with the dual leech.

Any advice or knowledge of threads I might have missed talking about this is appreciated!

Dacar92

Moderator: Community, D2 Zon, DH, Inc Clan Officer
Re: Bowazon gloves, advice pelase

Welcome to the forums.

They're OK for starters. Bowazons really look for Laying of Hands, the set gloves. See this thread for info on crafting gloves. Loads of info there.

Ugla

Diabloii.Net Member

First I found a pair of Magnus' Skin gloves and threw them on for the 20 IAS. Now I have been looking and I cant find anything, anywhere that mentions these gloves in any guide. Are they that bad they don't deserve mention?
They are not bad, it's just that LoH have superior FR (50%), and the huge damage vs demons beats the additional AR - physically oriented bowzons already have solid base AR from their dexterity, and huge %boost from Penetrate skill. Magnus gloves are decent for lower levels - there are not many pairs with 20%IAS anyway.

Unfortunately, guides often don't bother with alternative gear, esp. in the progress section - if such a section ever exists, that is..

compres

Diabloii.Net Member

For me the hit powers are the best and laying of hands a far second, this is because of the knockback.

The problem is for hit power you really need the 20ias mod and this can take some time to roll. If you get 20%ias, then you can possibly have your 3/3 dual leech and other godly glove mods, but as you may guess it is very very hard to get...

For an easy solution laying is great, and deffinetly a lot better than magnus.

Thaquitz

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I think I will stick with the Magnus until I can craft some hit powers with mods I am fairly happy with or LoH drops for me. Now for the next noob question.

I have been pouring over the IAS breakpoint charts and with the Fanat on my Faith bow it appears I need 95 IAS to hit the 7 frames mark. How much of a difference am I going to really notice between 7 and 8 frames? I know the faster breakpoint is possible but it would mean giving up my Tal's helm and Razortail belt. I really don't want to give up the Razortail but can still hit 55 IAS with it and Tal's. Would this be sufficient or should I really try for the 95 IAS?