Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon Gear Question

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by garion, May 19, 2005.

1. garion

garion IncGamers Member

Bowazon Gear Question

just wanted to pick the great minds on this forum

im currently borrowing a fiath bow from a friend

and was curious what other gear i should wear for PvM, im currently trying to wean myself off mavinas set stuff (although im starting to miss the set resistance bonuses :(

Helm: wearing mavinas ( 30% ias is this worth socketing? with a %ed/ias
    jewel?) should i up grade to a different helm?

armor: fort, great for a 29 res and 300%dmg stacked with fanata

Gloves: mavs not sure what else to use, maybe a rare/crafted +2bow or +2
    passive (not sure which is better) with 20% ias

boots: war travellers, it seems the little bit of extra dmg really adds up

belt: mavinas probably can use an upgrade, not sure to what...tgods?

ammy: i have a tuff time here i cant decide btw highlords (20% ias)
    or atmas (5% amp dmg, really usefull on guys that i have to hit, over
    and over, cause eventually i get amp on them)...
    or cats eye (i dont have this but heard its nice)

rings: ravenfrost (20dex) not sure what could be better?
    a rare dual leech (5%ml,3%ll, and weak mods) am thinking about
    getting another ravenfrost (for the dex to boost dmg, and get cold res
    in hell :D )

and mostly resistance charms, with 2 175 pdlc

also i have maxed GA, 17 valk, 8 multi, 1-2 points in dodge, avoid, pierce etc
    but still have 34 skill points left over not sure what to max..strafe? freezing arrow? i have no idea...

anyways any in put would be great thanks

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

dual ravens cant be wrong if you feel like the leech is high enough, else go for lifesteal on one ring.

razortail is a nice belt because of the 33%piercing, but tgods/dungos is never wrong either.

If PvM, laying of hands is the best imo. 350%damage to demons and 20ias does it...

Ammy: highlords for ias/skill/deadly strike!

3. garion

garion IncGamers Member

Yah i was tempted to go with the razortail...and just got a pair of dungos last night...(37 vit...13dr..), are there any belts with ias?

i didnt know LOH had ias...i thought it just had 350% dmg demons..cool

thx for the help!

4. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Nosferatu's coil or Goldwrap are both good bow-zon belts. Both have the valuable 10% ias, first one with good mods, second one with MF.

5. IIDX

IIDX IncGamers Member

you should consider adding some points into critical strike. Though your bow zon is pvm, I find it better to have 5+points into dodge,evade,aviod than more points into valkrye itself. If you dont have a merc, get one. I suggest act2 nm either go with offense/defensive for might/cold arua.

6. garion

garion IncGamers Member

IIDX do you mean +5 skills into dodge,evade, avoid...before being bossted by items?...i think i may only have 1 point in each...amybe 3 at the most...and possibly 5 pts into Crtitcal strike

also i have an act 2 might merc...but i see mto spend most of my time keeping him alive :lol: ...and spend 80% of my pots on him... :lol:

Leohappy, ill have to look into those two...i have a goldwrap on one of my goldfinders..never notice the ias...and will have to look into the coil....thx

7. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Concerning skill points: I am a huge fan of FA. It has saved me many times. Baal runs are a lot faster with a FA Zon in the group. You may not need to max it, but 10-15 wouild be nice.

I wouldn't put any into strafe if you already have points in multi.

Penetrate, decoy, more in valk, cs, more in ms, inner sight, and slow missles, are all places to consider for you extra points.

8. rawrj

rawrj IncGamers Member

btw if you want to know which is better between strafe/multi its just personal choice,
    this is what i think

strafe pros fast attack speed over arrows,
    cons strafe lock

multi pros nice range, good for getting amp on heaps of monsters
    cons alot of gaps at large range

thats what i thought where the main ones cuase they both give 3/4 weapon damage so it just up to and how you play

9. SlainByPain

SlainByPain IncGamers Member

If your making a multizon, the gear choices are pretty limited, you need to sacrifice your helm, ammy, belt (or boots), and gloves for ias.

For strafe, anything is possible because of the low ias required for the last bp.

Personally, I would go strafe because you can choose between a wider variety of items.

10. garion

garion IncGamers Member

OK so ive probably gone too far to make starfe worth my while...

but FA is recommended (which i need something to deal with phys immunes....or just shoot them with 300 cold arrows...*yawn* takes forever)

what would be a good number of points to put into (before/after skill boosting equipment)

valk
    cs
    ms (multi?)
    inner sight
    Slow missle

i have heard lots about these skills (inner sight/slow missle), but have never gotten/used them before. Are these best to use against archers, and do this also work against those hell witches/succbi/oblivion knights type caster monsters?

rawrj- ive never used strafe before. Niot sure how bad strafe lock could be, but ive seen some hell strafazons, and i must say they look like machine gunners *whew* they put out constant stream of death..very tempted to try it out :lol: , but multi is great for hell cows, especially with pierce and atmas (amp dmg, when it actually activates lol)

SlainByPain- i agree, i would love to get a different helm..but feel that i "must" use mavinas and socket it with a ed/ias jewel to get 45% ias, and am very tempted to use highlords with the 20% ias, although i would prefer the atmas 5% amp dmg (just for when i run into a tough monster with stoneskin or something, eventaullay ill amp him :lol: )