Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon dealing with Iron maiden and Physical Immunes ifra

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by CaimDark, Sep 26, 2006.

1. CaimDark

CaimDark IncGamers Member

Bowazon dealing with Iron maiden and Physical Immunes

I'm about to go up against the oblivion knights in act four, and I have 3 skill points to spend. What should I pick to deal with their iron maiden and, later, the physical immunes?

2. MysticDragon

MysticDragon IncGamers Member

Iron Maiden does nothing to ranged attacks. Does the Fire arrow bug still work? If so, use that. 1 point is enough. Or use Magic arrow.

3. CaimDark

I thought IM affected physical attacks, ranged or melee. Good to know i'm safe!
    As for the "fire arrow bug", I've know ideia. I've just come back to the game after a 5 years hiatus.
    As for the phys immunes, magic arrow doesn't seem like a good ideia, as it only converts a tiny percentage of the damage into magic damage, the rest remains physical. How about Ice arrow, or freezing arrow? I would have to spend an extra skill point to get freezing arrow, but the damage seems to be a lot bigger than ice arrow's. Is it worth it?

4. NASE

NASE IncGamers Member

If want to have crowd control on PI, then you'll need freezing arrow, or lichting fury anyway. These are the only few that can do it properly. On the other hand, if you don't need that, chose either magic arrow, cold arrow or fire arrow. If you invest more points, more phisical damage will be converted. They all have there up sides.

P.S. fire/cold arrow lvl does not convert 50%, atleast not according the data, so a one points wonder (bug?) is not an option.

5. doraemon

doraemon IncGamers Member

you can always throw a reapers toll on ur merc (decrepify)

i don't really encounter that many PI's anymore, i don't bother running arcane or tower.

just wondering, what bow u are using? there are many bows out there that adds a stack of elemental dmg

6. CaimDark

I'm still at level 34, I'm using a bow called Skystrike. To my utter joy, I have a Buriza safely stored in my stash impatiently waiting for me to reach level 41!!!! I know I won't be seeing PI for a while, but since I was going to ask about Iron maiden now anyways I also asked about the PI.
    As for the merc, that could work, but I don't want to depend on him. PI start showing up in hell, and for some reason my mercenaries don't like to stay alive for long in hell...

No, I think pumping points in any of those to get more damage converted is a waste of valuable skill points.

I guess I'll just stick with freezing arrow. Anybody got a better ideia?

Doraemin, what bows pack a nice elemental punch?

7. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

there is no real cheap solution to fixing the issue with physical immunes
    either you dedicate to it or forget it entirely - just use the base level magic arrow or cold arrow in emergencies
    it will take a while but you won't need to waste pts into otherwise useless skills (and as mentioned above, pi's aren't that common in areas where bowzons usually play-like pit,flayer,travi,cow,cs,...)

other solution would include using sources of amplify dmg, like atma's ammy,wws or reaper's on merc

8. windwingwind

windwingwind IncGamers Member

If you dont mind a "bowazon" throwing javalins, putting a pack of javalin and 20 points in LF work wonder.

9. lagalot

lagalot IncGamers Member

Reapers toll does really work well on merc ...kinda makes them 3/4 invincible and nulls out all PIs for the user.Very nice merc weapon for a zon to have.

10. windwingwind

Definitely not "all" PIs. But yea Reaper's toll rocks. After a few weeks with Pride in my merc I couldn't help switiching back to Reaper. It's just awesome. :laugh:

11. RSTwoRuss

RSTwoRuss IncGamers Member

Once you get to Level 60, use Atma's Scarab amulet:

5% Chance To Cast Level 2 Amplify Damage On Striking
    20% Bonus To Attack Rating
    +40 Poison Damage over 4 seconds
    Poison Resist +75%
    +3 To Light Radius
    Attacker Takes Damage of 5

That Amplify will DOUBLE your damage AND remove the PI of most monsters - just remember that STRAFE seems to be better for chance-to-cast (and knockback) than Multi. Before discovering Atma's my amas were always a bit weak and slow, but now, once that Amplify kicks in ( which won't take at all long - you will learn to love that WHOOMPH sound when it does!) she scythes everything down really nicely.

12. foromir

foromir IncGamers Member

I use a WWs and when Amp dam triggers (often with strafe) there is no problem with pi. Superdave rerolls the Valkyrie to get one with Amp Dam.

Foromir

13. CaimDark

I don't mind a bowazon throwing javelins, but I mind a lot wasting 20 skill points!
    I don't have Atma's Scarab yet, so I guess I'll just put a point in freezing arrow and that's it.

14. Evrae Altana

Evrae Altana IncGamers Member

Bowazons usually have a ton of skill points left over anyways, and a skill that helps you dispatch immunes with ease is hardly a "waste", but it's up to you.
    My own bowazon runs Chaos Sance and Pits, so I don't encounter very many physical immunes save for the occasional random boss here and there, and those I make short work of using my one-point Magic Arrow.

15. windwingwind

One of my zons has these skills distribution:

20 Starfe
    20 Penetrate
    20 Valky
    20 LF
    some pre-req

I still have skill points which I dont know where to spend. Yet that's enough for me to roam anywhere in hell. Any PI pack is a joke since LF get stronger when monster pack grow larger. In fact it kills non-LIs faster than starfe most of the time.

You call that a waste? :shocked: