Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon build suggestions needed

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by LprMan, Feb 9, 2004.

1. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Bowazon build suggestions needed

Ok, at last I got WF :clap: I promised myself to make bowazon after that, so now it is time to start (of course I mean tomorrow, it is 1 AM here :lol: ). I have planned her some time now, but I have some questions.

What do you think about this skill placement? Is it ok?

Magic Arrow 20 (21)
    Strafe 20 (21)
    Critical Strike 9 (12) (59% chance)
    Penetrate 10 (13)
    Pierce 9 (12) (75% chance)
    Dodge 3 (6)
    Avoid 3 (6)
    Valkyrie 20 (23)
    All pre-reqs 1

Is Magic arrow better than Fire Arrow? And also how useful Decoy is? Should I put less points in Valkyrie and spend them in Decoy instead? It is Valkyries synergy, so it will be helpful

It seems my Strafe AR will be about 6000. I guess that is enough? :scratch:

Also which merc should I get? In 1.09 there was only 1 option, might merc. But now monsters hit harder, so would defiance merc be better? Defiance guy will last longer and help my Valk to survive too, but I just wonder how delicious damage I would get with might merc :love:

But now im off to bed, I need to sleep

Thanks!

2. Ravenforce3

Ravenforce3 IncGamers Member

Decoy is awesome, especially because of how slow the Valk is. I'd sugguest taking Valk to at least lvl 17 because that's when she gets the last of her equiptment (I think...I may be wrong.) I'm going with a similar stat placement with my CB zon and my upgraded Riphook.

Magic Arrow looks very nice in and of itself. Costs no mana at lvl 13+, converts 1% Per Slvl to magic damage, and deals physical damage. I haven't tried this out against PI monsters (she's still in Act Two Norm...it's been slow going without Decoy/Strafe.) but it looks like a safe bet to me.

3. Select

Select IncGamers Member

magic arrow is good if you have higher physical dmg....it will(well at least looks like) transfer things like open wounds through the magic dmg...so you can make PIs bleed :D....fire arrow is OK but is more easilly and more often resisted than magic. look for a hellrack for switch if you can get your str up and PIs will go down....maybe throw some gimmershreds and see if that works. Atmas scarab will however break PIs...

4. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

i've been doing hell baal runs with my strafezon lately, so i can relate directly to this build.

to kill Baal in hell, you NEED:
    MAX valk
    magic arrow
    strafe
    decoy
    teleport (enigma?)
    everything else is just icing.

when those minions spawn, you need to have a good tank out there, so you can sit back and strafe. even lister will fall to enough strafes if you can keep him busy. i had a defiance merc, but even with full godly armor he dies FAST in hell, it's a joke. however, my 22 point valk can tank all day, so i use valk to tank and toss decoys to "herd" minions away from decrep-happy Baal and down toward the entryway.

the only thing that i've ever killed Baal with is MAGIC ARROW. it converts some of the damage to magical, helping to get around the 50% physical resist in Hell, and it's free, so Baal's mana burn spell doesn't affect you, plus it gets a godly AR, and leeches like normal arrows! it's nearly impossible to die if you keep on him with magic arrows and TP when he clones. i even beat him in /players 8 just to prove that i could..........that took FOREVER.

edit: MAX valk cannot be understated, she is the magic key that makes this build work. more important than strafe itself is a good tank to hold enemies while you strafe them.

5. LprMan

LprMan IncGamers Member

Yes, she will have HIGH physical damage, I have very good gear for her, so Magic Aroow is maybe best choice then, good :) I dont know if PI's are problem, I will give Reaper's Toll to my merc to make him & my Valk last longer and to improve my damage even more

But I don't know about Atma's Scarab, because I have planned her to use Highlord's and losing 20% ias it has will just make her to lose ias breakpoint :(
    Of course I can socket Shael to my Windy instead of Amn, but I really don't know if 10% life leech is enough on hell, even with high damage

But still im not sure about which merc I should use...some more advice, please ;)

He will be using Reaper's Toll, Vamp Gaze (res all jewel) and upgraded Shaft (res all jewel too).

Can he survive good enough with that gear if he has might aura?

6. strijdje

strijdje IncGamers Member

Hey buddy, great find, or did u trade the windforce?

anywayz, with that equip, my grandmom would survive in hell.. just give him alot of Life leech and PDR, wich u have done with the shaft and gaze (upgraded makes more def ) and the gaze//reapers combo life leach is cover too.. also the deceprify on the reapers is a big life saver for your merc too, just make sure u lvl him too your own lvl @ the high lvls...

ow yeah, and MAX valkyre, she is indeed the key too survival...

maybe im going to scratch my WF off my 1.09 amazone and make a 1.10 bow-a-zon :teeth: just do no yet, i have somany builds on my "to-do list" right now..

good luck with her

robin

7. Borlag

Borlag IncGamers Member

You can easily cope with valk at lvl17 after items, this will give her the best equipment :)

Though it's still good to max her for the increased life, but if you're running out of points, I suggest considering this.

8. nemar

nemar IncGamers Member

max walk, every body is ok

decoy : only ONE point, the synergie give nothing good ! and you're valk will survive very well in hell (*). and you can summon time to time.

merc: defiance is not the best choice, you don't need protection, you're valk don't need . might merc will help you, you're walk and himself. and if the monster is killed, you don't need defense , if you see ....

teleport : don't need, use speed. in more , teleport put merc and walk near you and attrack monsters to you. For a good play you must stay far away you're merc and walk !

and don't forget in use (I don't say put more one point) : - slow missiles and inner sight and in specific times : guided arrow.

(*) if you use players 8 in hell, I'm not sure

9. GooberGrape

GooberGrape IncGamers Member

I have ran /players 8 hell Baal. All it takes is patience and a lot of leech.

I only use teleport against Baal himself. I can tank his damage with magic arrow and leech, but I use teleport to avoid his tentacles. They will break my animation, and I usually take 800-1000 damage if I try to run through them. I can't afford that, so I teleport.

Agreed, do not even try to teleport from his minions, they will swarm you. Best to herd them with valk/decoy and strafe from a distance. In fact, that's good advice for any situation with a strafezon.