Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

Bowazon build, just getting back into DII

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by jhatz, May 30, 2008.

1. jhatz

jhatz IncGamers Member

Bowazon build, just getting back into DII

Hi guys, I'm really rusty on abbreviations so that's the first thing I would love for you guys to point out to me during your responses....most of them confuse me. but anyways here goes.

I want to be a bowazon with primarily strafe, I actually put 6 points into multi, I'm not too sure how bad that should hurt me but oh well.

I'm really confused on what I should be doing for passive skills and what other arrows I need, fire or ice path? I also need to know how many points to put into each prerequisite and all that stuff. I want it to be layed out.

I heard you shouldn't do evade and all that dodge nonsense because it interrupts your shots?

So pretty much I need to know about critical strike and penetrate and pierce and what I should invest in.

I'm PvM I believe? Player vs monster? I'm not doing any PvP.

Please help, I'm so confused!!!

2. Chuck Norris Fan

Chuck Norris Fan Banned

Re: Bowazon build, just getting back into DII

I would like to know about passive skills to.

And about that dodge that interrupts the shoting if is true.

Anyone?

3. HellPlayer

HellPlayer IncGamers Member

What bow/gear this zon will use? Better advice could be given if we know this.
    HellPlayer

4. jhatz

jhatz IncGamers Member

who knows, the best I can find? I didnt know there was specific gear that I should be looking for. I'm gunna try and get windforce...idk, I wanna get a nasty bow...help me out;/

5. HellPlayer

A bowazon to be right done need to be adjusted for the bow she will use, for a starting zon I prefer one done around the witchwild string(wws), good guide for this in stickyes and isnt a hard job to upgrade it to a windforce strafer after you get one, read that and if you need more help post here.
    HellPlayer

6. Chuck Norris Fan

Chuck Norris Fan Banned

Hellplayer i want to make a Mid level dueler bowazon level 50 or 51.

She will use Harmony and other gears.

What skill i should level up first and what skill i should level up the last?

And what is better alot of dex or alot of vit?

Or how many vit and how many dex?

Thx^^

Last edited: May 31, 2008
  7. HellPlayer

Only PVP bowie I made was HLD so no hints on that and why you dont make a thread for this?
    HellPlayer

8. Rawness

Rawness IncGamers Member

I'd say 1pt dodge/evade/.... to get Valky if you want that - you really aren't supposed to engage in close combat, and anyways - Valkyre provides as excellent cover and decoy - which makes it all worth it.
    Even if you majorly use strafe, I wouldn't put more than one point in it - as the damage increase really isn't worth it in the end, but hey, there is alot of leisure if you aren't a hybride. If you use razortail I wouldn't worry about putting more than 1pt into it, iirc you'll have 33% piercing from razors and, by the level of 9 69% pierce.
    If you're planning to use something else you'd might want to add some more points into pierce.

Critical Strike hits a +2% return at lvl 9 - where the increase isn't really that noteworthy anymore. You can easily hit a level of 9 with normal gear, but depending on how much you want to spend you can spend more points in it, if you don't have anything else to spend at.
    54 56 58 59 61
    10 11 12 13 14 > Levels, here you hit diminishing returns of 1+ to 2+.

Pierce.... well I'd say max it - depending on future plans, it provides a 10% ar improvement for each skills set, which makes it worthwhile. If you're planning on using an elemental bow skill - I don't really see why - because immunes can be dropped by having atmas scarab - or using Magical arrow - which provides magical damage - and atmas lowers PI status (depending.....)
    The only elemental skill noteworthy would be the freezing ones, but you can uphold quiet some freezing level with sc's - when using strafe.

Multi, depends on how you want to play, I find it most useful in Sanctuary - lvl 20 provides... 21 arrows?

In summary,

Passive:
    Critical 1+
    Penetrate 1-20
    Pierce: 1pt < or more depending on circumstances,
    Dodge: 1pt
    Evade: 1pt
    Avoid:1pt
    Slow missile: 1pt
    Inner sight: 1pt
    Decoy: 1pt+ - provides nice backup fo valky, iirc boosts her life.
    Valkyre: 1-20.

Arrow/crossbow:
    1pt magical
    multi: 1-12, don't max it, the boost will probably reach the desired level of 20 (no idea if this is correct..) - and hit 21 arrows.
    Strafe: 1pt. More if you want to.
    >>> Elemental thingies your choice.