Bowazon - basic questions but important one's

mewizard4321

Diabloii.Net Member
Bowazon - basic questions but important one's

Hi everyone. I have come here in the past to this forum before on questions with crafting kb gloves and alot of people were very helpful. I have a few more questions to ask so I hope you can help me.

So anyways I decided to play hardcore recently and I found a windforce.
I was like sweet. I id it and it was perfect 8ml. So I said to my self I have to make me a bowazon.

I have a bowazon on sc but its pvp.

I would like to make a pvm bowazon so here are my questions.

1) If I am using windforce in act4 in the chaos sancturary what happens if I get iron maidened by a doom knight and start shoot at enemies. Will the the damage get returned back and will I die or will nothing happen? (this also includes all bow skills not just multi, guided arrow but fire arrow, ice arrow etc)

2) I have always used multi shot for bowazon purposes in the past, pumped up with massive dexterity to produce and overwhelmlying effective killing zon. However I have never used the skill strafe. They both seem to be the same skill but is there a difference. I have heard many people say that strafe is not a good skill when it is compared to multishot. Would strafe produce more damage then multi and also what are the key benefits/downsides between the two in pvm.

3) What is the suggested vitality as my friend would put it for an hourglass zon should have? (hourglass in this case refers to a zon that dumps the majority of her stat points into dexterity and a few into life and str)

4) I also was looking at the runeword edge. Would this bow be effective in hell against monsters if placed in a high damage bow?

If anyone can help answer my questions it would be most appreciated.
 

SlainByPain

Diabloii.Net Member
1) IM doesn't work with ranged attacks so it won't be a problem.

2) Multi VS strafe is personal preference. Strafe takes less ias to be effective though.

3) 100 Vita should be enough if your playing that type of zon.

4) I'm not sure about edge.. but I'm sure WF is better.
 

slayer37

Diabloii.Net Member
mewizard4321 said:
1) If I am using windforce in act4 in the chaos sancturary what happens if I get iron maidened by a doom knight and start shoot at enemies. Will the the damage get returned back and will I die or will nothing happen? (this also includes all bow skills not just multi, guided arrow but fire arrow, ice arrow etc)
Don't worry about IM since you're ranged. Worry about your merc (if using act 2 which is often the case) more especially if might because he's likely to kill himself with at most 3 blows. Valk also goes down with IM but that's one of those rare occasions you have to recast her (assuming she's high lvl).

mewizard4321 said:
2) I have always used multi shot for bowazon purposes in the past, pumped up with massive dexterity to produce and overwhelmlying effective killing zon. However I have never used the skill strafe. They both seem to be the same skill but is there a difference. I have heard many people say that strafe is not a good skill when it is compared to multishot. Would strafe produce more damage then multi and also what are the key benefits/downsides between the two in pvm.
There was one guy here who quoted that multi is like a shotgun while strafe is a machinegun. Strafe works wonders with less, clumped together monsters.

mewizard4321 said:
3) What is the suggested vitality as my friend would put it for an hourglass zon should have? (hourglass in this case refers to a zon that dumps the majority of her stat points into dexterity and a few into life and str)
Depends how careful you are. Some will go extreme and go with base vit. I personally prefer to have 100 base vit just to survive 1 hit KOs.

mewizard4321 said:
4) I also was looking at the runeword edge. Would this bow be effective in hell against monsters if placed in a high damage bow?

If anyone can help answer my questions it would be most appreciated.
Place Edge on an edge bow just to be cool! But I seriously advise you to reconsider. :D There are more bows more powerful out there.
 

mewizard4321

Diabloii.Net Member
ok thanks guys.

I have 2 more quest as we'll.

1) Would a maxed out strafe produce more damage then a maxed out multishot using a windforce hydra bow?

2) What act 2 is recommended for a bowazon. I would assume either a might merk to increase damage, holy freeze merk to slow targets down or a concentration merk to increase defense
 

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
1) Would a maxed out strafe produce more damage then a maxed out multishot using a windforce hydra bow?

>Yes, Strafe does more damage per arrow. However you can't directly compare Strafe and Multi, since they shoot in a different pattern... Multi shoots waves of arrows at enemies, providing extremely good area coverage, Strafe shoots like a machine gun, and is better for dungeon areas and small packs of enemies.

2) What act 2 is recommended for a bowazon. I would assume either a might merk to increase damage, holy freeze merk to slow targets down or a concentration merk to increase defense

>Act 2 nightmare offensive with might aura is the way to go.
 

Myrakh-2

Diabloii.Net Member
There is also the claim that a lot of special properties are only carried by the 2 middle arrows of a Multishot, whereas Strafe only shoots "fully capable" arrows.

Also, when you look at lined-up monsters, you can try to multishot them by shooting a narrow Multishot to get an effect that looks similar to Strafe. However, AFAIK, each monster is hit at most once from a Multishot, whereas Strafe tends to pump all the arrows into the first monster in the line (possibly continuing due to pierce, of course).

Remember, in D2, a monster with just 1 hitpoint left is still doing the same damage as a monster with full hitpoints, so picking them off with Strafe has its advantages compared to just hurting the whole crowd. On the other hand, however, Multishot should be able to send more monsters into hit recovery...

Even better, if there is just one monster (act bosses, for example), all Strafe arrows will be targeted at that monster.

The drawback of Strafe is that you should try to not get surrounded, as this will make your amazon turn around constantly, strafelocking her for an extended period of time. Multishot doesn't care about that, as all the arrows are fired in one shot anyway, without targeting individual monsters.

So, if you have enough skillpoints (no idea about this yet... still haven't done the skillplanning for my bowazon) it doesn't hurt to have *both* available, although *I* tend towards Strafe.
 
Top